Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
1pm Sunday, what threads do you want to see?
This poll is closed.
Separate by Network and a Redzone combined thread 216 41.62%
Go back to the one monster thread 213 41.04%
Don't care 90 17.34%
Total: 485 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I think the speed of the megathreads is grossly exaggerated, and it's a lot more than just reaction posts which, by the way, can just be scrolled through really quickly, but whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The Dave posted:

I'm guessing like 170 people do.

The point of putting up a pole was to alleviate people posting their preference and saying "this is how everyone feels". Most of the posts in this thread are pretty pointless too, it's the same circular argument from before with everyone posting their personal preference like it means anything. The fact is that TFF is split on which route is best.

Split votes, split threads. I may not like it, but I can appreciate the poetic quality.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

Good. All of the idiots won't poo poo up the good game thread with all their stupid loving posts about whatever retard team they like and are watching.

Oh poo poo, us "idiots" and our "retard teams" have been "owned" by, uh, whoever this guy is.

While the server can handle it, I don't really feel like scrolling through ten individual threads with five pages apiece just to find the N/V thread again.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

This Discussion About Threads Megathread needs to get split up, in my opinion, since it's going too fast for me to keep up with.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Maybe a mod is manipulating votes. I'm just asking questions here. :tinfoil:

You're a fan of a Pete Carroll team, we expect nothing less.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

Just checked it out and in my opinion the 1 big thread moves too fast and isn't good

It moves, like, a page every three minutes, come on.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

See, like, if you want to just spam a bunch of whitenoise LOL and Oh My God, I don't see a good reason why you can't just do that on IRC or twitter. Like those programs are specifically for that crap.

Give me a single example of a post that was just LOl or Oh My God.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Fine, I stand corrected, but at the same time, I don't see how the split threads did much to change that. The thread really didn't move along that fast, and the thing about white noise posts is you can just scroll through them really quickly without putting in a bunch of effort reading. I don't really see the difference between doing that for one page and doing it for two, which is about the difference I see it making.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Split threads and Red Zone thread were great. One monster thread is bad. If you want to talk about every game, the Red Zone thread is right there for you under the split. If you want to talk about a single game under the monster system, you just don't have an option. The vote is obviously close, the option that provides a little bit of everything for everyone is the way to go.

Except, in practice, the Red Zone thread died because nobody wants to post without the people in the Fox and CBS threads.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kalli posted:

Honestly, I don't think there's a need for another poll. I hoped there'd be a clear winner and that would be that, but we'll just go week by week for now. Looks like we'll do split threads this week with 9 games, then we're down to like 7 games for the next few weeks, so we'll do a unified for those and then byes will taper off.

A good plan. My suggestion is we close this thread to stem the bitching, but I respect the decision on that either way.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

effectual posted:

gently caress no, I don't want to have to root for the Redacteds.

If titans win we get a megathread.

As I've been saying for all these years, Go Titans.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Mister Gorbachev, tear down this wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Chichevache posted:

What does Star Trek have to do with Europe?

The Vulcans are stand-ins for the Roman stoics.

• Locked thread