Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
1pm Sunday, what threads do you want to see?
This poll is closed.
Separate by Network and a Redzone combined thread 216 41.62%
Go back to the one monster thread 213 41.04%
Don't care 90 17.34%
Total: 485 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I like the three different GDTs, there's something for everyone. The people who like split have split and the people who don't have redzone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

kazil posted:

The slower the GDT (such as boring TNF games) the more likely there's a derail circlejerk.

Oh you think this woman is attractive or this food is appetizing or this music is good or this book was exciting? No one gives a poo poo let's just talk football.

Complaining about commercials in GDTs and reading derails is the only thing that makes bad games bearable.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

Look at these people who read the GDT and don't just post post post post post post post into the void. If the forums went down, I'd just write :lol: and bears suck posts on individual 3 x 5 index cards and then throw them into a hat.

I get in top GDT posting shape by trying out new and creative ways of cursing at my team and seconds later cheering like a madman. I think it's paying off as it seems like I'm posting more than anyone else in Eagles GDTs.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

The Dave posted:

I don't want to get scientific but split threads today was retarded.

Yeah with as few games as there were today, everyone could've probably been in the Red Zone thread.

That is if they were as cool as us red zone posters :c00l:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

MonsterWalk posted:

I think we should at the very least kill the RZ thread and pump up the network threads. There's a happy medium even if the classic gdt is the best.

I say two weeks of classic gdts and then relaunch the poll with only two options, leave it open for a week, declare a winner based on majority.

I care very deeply about internet things.

We need to find some coding wizard who can combine both threads into one thread for those who want it and split it into two for those who want that.

Where's Radium's Enemy when we need him?

SlipUp posted:

Maybe retry the poll with no third option and get some of these fencesitters to make up their minds.

Also this. But remove checkmarks.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

You can still do this in a megathread. The primary effect of split threads is not that it makes having localized conversations a little easier. The primary effect is that TFF becomes a cluster of 4 person conversations, and the lack of a sense of community discourages participation.

This is why the split thread experiment hasn't worked. Maybe it would've 5 years ago when there were a lot more people around but it's really depressing following a GDT for a bunch of games and the same 20-30 people are posting. It's even worse in the Red Zone thread.

One thread unless there's some huge game that needs quarantined.

Athanatos posted:

Been working pretty well forming the community for the past 10 years or so

V:shobon:V

No one is going to convince the other side they are right or wrong. We are just spinning our tires with the same poo poo.

I was convinced to move from "yay split threads" to "boo split threads"

The Puppy Bowl posted:

For the record I want two threads but I'm more than willing to abide by the Football Gods decree.

Titans=2 threads, Redskins=1?

What if they tie? :getin:

axeil fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

DangerKat posted:

More or less. Daltos rallied some posters to complain about MV in QCS, which opened the floodgates to other people bitching about how awful TFF is and then the topic GDT popped up. It was about as boring and uninteresting as it sounds.

Yeah pretty much. QCS is like high student government for the forums.

Although I liked high school student government so V:shobon:V

• Locked thread