Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
1pm Sunday, what threads do you want to see?
This poll is closed.
Separate by Network and a Redzone combined thread 216 41.62%
Go back to the one monster thread 213 41.04%
Don't care 90 17.34%
Total: 485 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I am pro-single thread, but these early weeks, keep it split. Maybe if things slow down later it can drop back to one.

Only thing I think is keep putting the actual games in the Topic. I kept going "what game is this channel on again?" and just looking at the one thread that was labeled with the games to know what to post in, but I'm a dumb so that may just be a me issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Philip Rivers posted:

Would a Serious Thread and a Redzone/Old GDT style thread be a good compromise? One thread where you could actually discuss the games at a little bit slower, more moderated pace, and one for posting buttfumble.gif and 10 :laffo:s in a row?

We had that. It got 10 posts one weekend.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Never ever split 4pm game threads.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Just keep 2 tabs open and refresh them both?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Leave it how it is until the halfway point when posting drops off then go single thread until playoffs.

Or just leave it split forever.

I think we are just running in circles till a mod tells us how it's going to be and everyone deal with it.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Leave it one thread, it was good today.

You cant complain about people posting pages and pages of LOL and OMG then also complain that you cant read the thread when you take your dogs out because there are too many pages. You just said you dont want to read that anyway.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Borsche69 posted:

Uhh what? There are other posts I want to read. Not all posts in that thread are whitenoise, its just a ridiculously large percentage that makes it difficult to ignore when attempting to read posts that are about the game I'm watching.

Then maybe GDTs are not for you. Aftermath threads are pretty on point and have some really good breakdowns.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Borsche69 posted:

So your argument is that having all your posts drowned out in a storm of posts about other games, is a sense of community? The atmosphere and excitement? Of a thread getting spammed in a forum? Are you loving kidding me?

Been working pretty well forming the community for the past 10 years or so

V:shobon:V

No one is going to convince the other side they are right or wrong. We are just spinning our tires with the same poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Why did this become a thing this year?

• Locked thread