Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
everyone who is interested in playing should register on albiongoons since summer alpha starting soon

also admins is the mumble server down? and what about jabber

tia friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Eonwe posted:

everyone who is interested in playing should register on albiongoons since summer alpha starting soon

also admins is the mumble server down? and what about jabber

tia friends

We have a slack for jabber and ya mumble is down I'll get it fixed.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Blazing Zero posted:

i saw another sig that needed an awful touch

I stole this.

jabro posted:

Might as well add mine to the mix. https://albiononline.com/?ref=4X7YG7CX8X

As a thanks for using mine, I will give you 75% of the gold I receive from your referral back to you.

I'm still doing this. The other 25% I used for guild things and will continue to do so since communism is the way of the future.

jabro fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 20, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zasze posted:

We have a slack for jabber and ya mumble is down I'll get it fixed.

er, yea sorry, meant slack

but nobody is inviting me to the slack!!!!! fuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Eonwe posted:

If you weren't cool enough to get in last Beta, you sure as hell aren't now.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Eonwe posted:

Your invited since yesterdaaaaaay

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im super smart

eonwe fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 20, 2015

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

I know there will be a new OP soon. So just going to place this out in the open again.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad of that screenshot

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jackard posted:

Whoa hold on I don't kickstarter anything

im glad of it

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Baldbeard posted:

I know there will be a new OP soon. So just going to place this out in the open again.

Man, there were so many glorious moments like that during last alpha. Remember when we managed to out dps groups of 5+ just the two of us and take the mob loot credit?

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Ninogan posted:

Man, there were so many glorious moments like that during last alpha. Remember when we managed to out dps groups of 5+ just the two of us and take the mob loot credit?

Yeah for sure.
Why'd you have to go and progress your career damnit. :reject:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Baldbeard posted:

Yeah for sure.
Why'd you have to go and progress your career damnit. :reject:

kind of a jerk thing to do imotbqh

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

:pusheen:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

im the apocalyptic force

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The radio said “No, John. You are the apocalyptic force”
And then John was an apocalyptic force.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

https://youtu.be/YcvoS3BjYTs
Was anyone a part of the recent PVP tests?
If so, how did the various weapons/loadouts feel?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
just curious what the benefit of running a separate mumble is when we could likely just use the Camping the Stairs mumble

i don't really care either way because im not hosting it, but we could easily get some channels & subchannels with admin powers

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

just curious what the benefit of running a separate mumble is when we could likely just use the Camping the Stairs mumble

i don't really care either way because im not hosting it, but we could easily get some channels & subchannels with admin powers

expanding on it -

CTS is super stable, it has amazing uptime, its not laggy, it has basically an unlimited user cap, if I want to play other games with goons, they are probably already on CTS so I dont have to switch mumbles to talk to my other pals

also some people might see a bunch of goons in our albion channels and join us :3

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Eonwe posted:

expanding on it -

CTS is super stable, it has amazing uptime, its not laggy, it has basically an unlimited user cap, if I want to play other games with goons, they are probably already on CTS so I dont have to switch mumbles to talk to my other pals

also some people might see a bunch of goons in our albion channels and join us :3

I'm down with cts our last mumble was donated :buddy:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Zasze posted:

I'm down with cts our last mumble was donated :buddy:

probably start pm'ing cts mods about getting permissions so we can setup things before launch

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I talked to Bio - bio is gonna host the server and get it up soon. :3 ignore my posts

eonwe fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jun 21, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I DID however make a thread on albiongoons about my vision for who we might be friends with at launch. Obviously I'm not the leader but I think this would be the way to go.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

How big's the game world in this? Like if i was out and about, would i run into other people a lot or would it actually feel more like being out in a wilderness?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

megalodong posted:

How big's the game world in this? Like if i was out and about, would i run into other people a lot or would it actually feel more like being out in a wilderness?

when i played during winter alpha, i ran into randoms regularly. the full pvp zones were less like that, but during prime time, it was always hoppin

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Eonwe posted:

I DID however make a thread on albiongoons about my vision for who we might be friends with at launch. Obviously I'm not the leader but I think this would be the way to go.

jabro posted:

Eonwe is the guild leader. Long live, Eonwe.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Eonwe posted:

Once mumble is up and running, we should all have a cute little chat.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
MH is here to help. Long live Goondor.

spacemarine1999
Nov 26, 2013

The memory
of this experience
will fade
I will link my referral aswell: https://albiononline.com/?ref=R1A3VBQLCZ

I said earlier that I am offering a 100% kickback / cashback of the gold. This is still true.

Meaning: if you register through my link I will give you 100% of the gold I would earn come release.

I am doing this, because I want the refferal vanity items you get for referring people.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Found some pics from last alpha. Oh, boy was it fun to antagonize all those clans in the dungeons.

I loved following guild groups around and last hitting mobs, taking all the kill credit. They lost their minds after a while and sometimes ended up pulling too much and wiping :D

Also this was always fun:

A couple of brave goons used to go into this zone where huge zergs were hanging out killing these mega high HP bosses and we'd just last hit it after they did all the work so we secured all that loot and silver. God, did they get mad.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Going to hop on the referral train (sort of). I actually only really care about the first tier which is 1 referral.
https://albiononline.com/?ref=3YGR4NUVL1

Ninogan posted:

Also this was always fun:

That's probably my favorite screenshot from last alpha.
Time and time again some mega pubby swarm would try to muscle us out of a area only to collapse under their own numbers by overextending on pulls.
I hope they didn't change any of the loot/aggro mechanics since last alpha.

Baldbeard fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 21, 2015

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
So I tried to join this slack thing and not a fan. Why can't it just be easy like irc and I just join the channel instead of waiting for an invite. Surely we can at least have a goon sitting at the computer 24/7 ready to send out invites?

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Niedar posted:

So I tried to join this slack thing and not a fan. Why can't it just be easy like irc and I just join the channel instead of waiting for an invite. Surely we can at least have a goon sitting at the computer 24/7 ready to send out invites?

Join https://forums.albiongoons.com/ and post in the 'join us on slack/mumble' thread for an invite.
It's good to auth/verify goons. Slack is actually really nice.

Once we get the new OP up, we will be able to better compile the joining up info.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
I was mostly joking above and I have already joined the forums and posted in that thread. Slack does look good but be we should integrate automatic invites to slack into the same signup process as the forums.

They have an undocumented API to do this and an example can be found here: https://github.com/outsideris/slack-invite-automation

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
bio you like writing scripts for stuff and doing computer work outside your job right? well there you go friend

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

So is that a pubbie post about rallying against goons? We should make a fake site with a grenade and what not for another guild where they proudly proclaim they are goons and openly recruiting. Watch the pubbie up rise against them and laugh because we are the real Reddit goons.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this guy really hates goons so i took his avatar

https://forum.albiononline.com/inde...5283#post135283

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

these forums are a goldmine

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Baldbeard posted:

Join https://forums.albiongoons.com/ and post in the 'join us on slack/mumble' thread for an invite.
It's good to auth/verify goons. Slack is actually really nice.

Once we get the new OP up, we will be able to better compile the joining up info.

I signed up but don't see any thread with that name.

Edit: Nevermind I see there is some auth crap after digging around.

forge fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
You have not verified your SA account yet.

• Locked thread