Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Who among us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Baldbeard posted:

Who among us?

An avatar fitting for Eonwe.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i hate you

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Is that slack on the same on that hexTCG goon group uses by chance? Can I just figure out the room? Do I need multiple slack tabs open or can I merge it if its a different "server" ?

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
All I know is I still haven't gotten an invite.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Niedar posted:

All I know is I still haven't gotten an invite.

If you have PMs, PM me your email and I'll make sure you get an invite

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

pixaal posted:

Is that slack on the same on that hexTCG goon group uses by chance? Can I just figure out the room? Do I need multiple slack tabs open or can I merge it if its a different "server" ?

that's my seperate group for hex and dust 514. You and niedar should be invited.

e: you can have two seperate slack teams or 'servers' open at the same time in any slack client.

Iazarus
May 13, 2008

I think there are still a few of us waiting on slack invites who've posted in the albion goons forum.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I can't wait. I have been in the last two alphas and was in Space Violence last alpha. Just got around to joining the forums.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Iazarus posted:

I think there are still a few of us waiting on slack invites who've posted in the albion goons forum.

You can automatically request an invite in auth page now. 'slack' should be a menu option at the top.

Impotence fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jun 22, 2015

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Pretty badass new trailer was posted in the News section:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSZpze0TZHk

Also they finally made an official announcement for the Summer Alpha start. :siren: June 29th! :siren:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Armored guy really looks like the dark souls 2 guy.

Edit: actual question, say I do become the helmet guy... and someone else also becomes the helmet guy, what are my options to compete in helmet related crafting marketshare?

Edit 2: How does Being the helmet guy affect my helmets? Does it mean I can make better helmets (using rare materials) or do all my helmets become better?

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jun 22, 2015

DirtyTalk
Apr 7, 2013
registered on albiongoons - no activation email yet, am I supposed to show some titties or something?

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

DirtyTalk posted:

registered on albiongoons - no activation email yet, am I supposed to show some titties or something?

It can't hurt.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Dumb question -- but will this be free to play when released?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FormerFatty posted:

Dumb question -- but will this be free to play when released?

yep

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
Any idea the difference between the different alpha access with the 100 dollar and the 50 dollar packages? I am considering buying one but i'd rather not spend 100 dollars unless there's a very good reason to. I am assuming the 50 dollar one is the best plan?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Trogdor_666 posted:

Any idea the difference between the different alpha access with the 100 dollar and the 50 dollar packages? I am considering buying one but i'd rather not spend 100 dollars unless there's a very good reason to. I am assuming the 50 dollar one is the best plan?

if you are asking just purely about alpha access, the difference is a single day from what I understand

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Ninogan posted:

Pretty badass new trailer was posted in the News section:
LARPing Online

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
If you spend $100, you get exclusive alpha access to a gold border around your name and avatar. What more could you want?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Kylra posted:

If you spend $100, you get exclusive alpha access to a gold border around your name and avatar. What more could you want?

Better spending control while drunk.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Best part of the new trailer is the Plate-mage's build.

Dat gaping resist hole tho

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Trailer was alright aside from dumb LARPing scenes. The devs sound enthusiastic which is good. They should have shown more gameplay.

DirtyTalk
Apr 7, 2013
Do these devs remind anyone else of the Germans from Beerfest?

forge
Feb 26, 2006
That video should have been named, Albion Online: Hand Gesture Video Training 101. I had to watch it without sound at work and all I saw was a bunch of dudes waving their hands like Harry Potter.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
That's because this game is going to be magical!

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
I am concerned about CCP Greyscale's involvement on a Game Design level. His ... changes ... to EVE were not well received.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I know nothing about EVE... but remember hearing that even though his changes were unpopular, they improved the game

Or was that someone else?

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Starting a new OP now, if anyone has any pics or notable quotes they think befitting of our legendary exploits then post for consideration.

Forgotton fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jun 22, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont know where it is but someone find the space violence picture

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

DirtyTalk posted:

you were on a vpn/proxy that was previously used for heavy spamming and blacklisted on just about everything, so the forum software auto trapped the reg for moderation

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Tell us about being nexon Americas only sysadmin

:angel:

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
it's called ptsd

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Forgotton posted:

Starting a new OP now, if anyone has any pics or notable quotes they think befitting of our legendary exploits then post for consideration.

Albion Online - YOU GUYS ARE ALL DEAD IN PVP AREA

E. Area not zone, oops.

Baldbeard fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 22, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Baldbeard posted:

Albion Online - YOU GUYS ARE ALL DEAD IN PVP ZONE

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Baldbeard posted:

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Baldbeard posted:

Not empty quoting

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Is this game worth $50 yet?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Trier posted:

Is this game worth $50 yet?

i personally think good and owns

but it is a f2p game on release

it entirely depends whether you think the items and a month of alpha play time + closed beta access is worth the $50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

Forgotton posted:

Just post all the goon hate Eonwe has quoted :)

Also I can't believe I'm spending $50 on a not yet released free to play game. Every time...

• Locked thread