Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug
Now that ArcheAge is dead and gone, I have a reason to pick this up. I was hoping this would basically be a carbon copy of Ultima, and it looks like it's coming close, save for a few things, obviously. Hopefully we can get enough people for a Goon guild.

Can someone in a lesser tier ever beat someone in a higher tier? As in, does skill play a part in the combat of this at all?

v It'll be dead soon when the people who haven't left from the Pedophile Harborers Association realize that ArcheAge is a bad, boring MMO flaunting itself as a sandbox. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

zwdzk fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug
Broke down and purchased it already. So far I'm having an enjoyable time crafting and killing. The game is veritably smooth and playable even at this stage. I haven't figured out how to add people yet, but I'm in game as Hotbutteredcooter. I'm ready to kill internet people.

e: What guilds are you guys in/what are some good guilds to join in the meantime?

zwdzk fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Sep 28, 2014

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug
I think the silver cost refers to the cost of individual units of production, i.e. one T3 log -> T3 lumber. Also, I just got murdered by trolls outside of a dungeon and destroyed all my gear in the following attempts to retrieve it. I'm having fun.

e: Haven't been in game yet to check it out so I could be a big stupid idiot for saying that.
e2: Ok, so the the tax on the crafted good is based on the tier, I guess. Tier 3 materials craft at a base cost of 11 silver each, and Tier 4 materials have a base cost of 32 silver. Add the extra tax and usage fees on after. Someone said that the usage fee on the map is that cluster's tax rate, but that didn't add up when I checked it out.

zwdzk fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Sep 29, 2014

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug
I learned tonight of unmarked dungeons, and how they can yield a ton of money. I made 1300 silver per veteran mob on my first run. Fast, easy money with a partner. Also, I joined Westport Pirates. They're helpful and they have a decent setup in Westport if any other Goon wants to use them as an interim guild.

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug

Eonwe posted:

So what are the endgame sort of goals in this game? I'm all about PvP, but just wondering what other things are in the game.

Kill everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug

madcow posted:

They updated their 6 month roadmap: https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/5785-New-6-Months-Roadmap/?postID=61228#post61228

They talk about some of the things people have mentioned in this thread and a lot of other things.

Seems like it should be good if they can deliver.

Everything was great until I saw that loving crime flag toggle.

• Locked thread