Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

I just read the OP and I regret to inform you that you have all been trolled by a master of the internet who has tricked you into describing your knowledge and recommendations for the future of renewable energy! You fools! The answer is thorium anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

I would bet all of my money that nothing will happen until it is profitable. That means that oil needs to increase in price.

Can you imagine private oligarchs coming together and saying to each other "we need to make sure that we invest ahead of time to properly make sure that the american people never have to experience the horrible disaster of the stagflation 70's. Not even a Hyper-Keynesian government will be able to help the poor people who will desperately deal with unemployment and inflation at the same time. This will significantly drive down the cost of labor, and we the oligarchs, who bribe the american government, must help prevent this, a decade ahead of time."

No you need to threaten them with guns and the IRS give me your money you lying nazi sacks of garbage

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

Wheeee posted:

Really the only way that nuclear could take off again in America is if the Koch brothers decided to complete their transformation into cartoon villains and astroturf a new political movement to allow them to build plants.

Nuclear power is not profitable in the short run. The extent to which the environment will be destroyed to scrape the most pathetic scraps of oil from the earth will be impressive.

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

Obama loves the corporations, as evidenced by TARP and the bank bailout as well as the stimulus and lack of sending bank jerks to jail.

Therefore we must vote to defund the government, cut taxes and drown the bastard in the bathtub because of how we hate him and want him to die. No of course not republican, I mean libertarian.

• Locked thread