Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

KoRMaK posted:

drat

tell me why
We barely manage to put up solar panel farms in the desert and we are closing safe, green and reliable nuclear power plants. This is pure fantasy.

down with slavery posted:

How environmental does it sound to "continuously apply heat" to the highway system.
Probably more than "continuously pump out kajillions of tons of greenhouse gases until the earth enters a run away green house effect and we all die", to be fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

down with slavery posted:

Actually probably just the same because solar roadways assume we're still using cars by the metric fuckton, which means the fossil fuel is getting burned anyways.

It's not a question of "continue to burn fossil fuels at the current rate" or "solar roadways" both of them are monumentally stupid ideas that do more harm than good.

There are plenty of reasonable ways to move forward if we wanted to (spoiler alert, the government doesn't want to and won't)- http://www.ted.com/talks/james_hansen_why_i_must_speak_out_about_climate_change see here for an incredibly easy one that makes about 1000000x more sense.

I totally agree, I'm just not sure if continuously applying a small amount of head on roads during the winter to keep ice from forming is an environmental issue of any note. Struggling to think of what the negative consequences could be.

• Locked thread