Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Wheeee posted:

Hybrid cars are stupid, they still burn gas. They should put a wind turbine on top of the cars so they can charge with the wind as they drive instead that way they could drive on battery all the time.

Pavements are stupid and absorb heat that would otherwise be reflected. Canals, OTOH, absorb solar radiation and convert it into CO2-devouring plankton. We must eliminate this menace of pavement and replace it with canals filled with standing water posthaste. The future of our climate depends upon it.

E: Realanswer, far better to mandate a minimum % of power be generated by renewable means for power companies within the state. Does it matter if they choose solar or nuclear to do so?

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Sep 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Aliquid posted:

We should install those conveyor-belt turbines at airports, so our heavy-lifting airplanes can help generate power while they take off

I believe we call those 'catapults'

In which case, yes, I am in favor of more catapults as a generalized policy position

• Locked thread