Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

as someone who stomached through it to the end getting sick of awakening and giving up on it is a reasonable "beat it" state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Fire Emlbem: Awakening owns actually.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i like it but more as a silly anime eugenics game than as a legit srpg

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I just got 30k rhythmia, and also snagged all the black shards and unlocked Sephiroth.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
it's a good game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ive been playing multiplayer while it still exists and theres people i can beat online and you dont get any xp or rhythmia from it :/

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
i really wish there was a difficulty between expert and ultimate because i feel like expert is getting too slow for me, but ultimate is way too fast depending on the song

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i cant do ultimate b/c i dont know how to use stylus...

also why is agris learning a bunch of healing spells when her role in tactics was applying obscene amounts of damage..!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea some characters have kinda weird choices for moves and all, I think it came down to them going 'oh poo poo we don't have enough (type of character) just switch someone over quick'. Especially mages, FF has tons of bad rear end damage mages and not a ton of healer types, not too surprising some of the bad rear end nukers suddenly are white mages.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is anyone on right now who has a black shards map. I need 1 more shard

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I've got a two-shard map but my internet doe snot work.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I have a long quest medley where the final boss can drop Black Shards, if that'll do for you. I need Peach Shards and like one Indigo Shard, myself. If you want my map, my FC is 0688-5269-0719

Also, if you have Jeweled Rings, you can try using them before taking on easy battle songs in a Quest Medley and you might luck into a Black Shard.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I have a long quest medley where the final boss can drop Black Shards, if that'll do for you. I need Peach Shards and like one Indigo Shard, myself. If you want my map, my FC is 0688-5269-0719

Also, if you have Jeweled Rings, you can try using them before taking on easy battle songs in a Quest Medley and you might luck into a Black Shard.

Yeah that's fine, thanks. I finished all my jeweled rings :( friend code is

5026 4853 8603

Will be on in a bit. I have a map with 5 indigo shards and a level 1 map with 5 peach.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Yeah that's fine, thanks. I finished all my jeweled rings :( friend code is

5026 4853 8603

Will be on in a bit. I have a map with 5 indigo shards and a level 1 map with 5 peach.

I'd definitely like that Peach one since I think I only need 1 Indigo Shard at this point. I'm gonna add you now and then go into Online Versus and into recruiting until I see you pop up. What's your Mii's name? dumb question because I just saw it when I added you

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I am bad at this. Done thanks!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Btw is there a way to guarantee item drops? Like if I use ribbon or steal or something?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Btw is there a way to guarantee item drops? Like if I use ribbon or steal or something?

I imagine both of those would help but it still might take a try or two. I would recommend playing through the whole thing once just for all the bounties, then if you need a return trip to try for the Black Shard again use a First Class Ticket before entering the Quest.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Alright will give it a try. I actually need all the shards on the map anyway, so either way I'm unlocking things.

Autumn Angel
Jan 18, 2014

Beef Waifu posted:

i really wish there was a difficulty between expert and ultimate because i feel like expert is getting too slow for me, but ultimate is way too fast depending on the song

It really needs a better difficulty rating system. Sometimes I'll get an Ultimate song where I get SS on the first try, while other times I'll just lose right away. Basic and Expert each tend to have relatively uniform difficulties though.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Yeah it's like they started putting songs in then realized oh poo poo there's like 300 we made, nobody is gonna remember which is the hard one and which is the easy one then shipped the game

PS Shadowninja 64 I equipped a Ribbon on the boss battle of the map you gave me and got 2 black shards :v: Killed the boss twice on his level and he dropped a black shard both times, or maybe one of them was off of Steal I'm not exactly sure. I think loading Rikku up with the Luck boosting songs helped too. Either way now my party has Cloud and Sephiroth in it and people probably think I'm 12 years old

Game is still really cool. Glad I got it digital so I can pop it in whenever, I can see it being something I come back to every once in a while

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the credits are really cute

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

elf help book posted:

the credits are really cute

Do the medley then the credits, it makes you feel like there's still hope for the ff series

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Do the medley then the credits, it makes you feel like there's still hope for the ff series

there is

for example, im going to buy lightning returns on steam, and ff15 is real

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
The new DLC is coming today!

Autumn Angel
Jan 18, 2014

I still haven't played any FF games besides this one; anyone else in the same boat?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
gently caress it, I'm getting this. are there still the two free songs if you buy it?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Minrad posted:

gently caress it, I'm getting this. are there still the two free songs if you buy it?

Should be, I recall reading they'd be free for 2 weeks and the game's only about a week old.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Sweet. See yall in the at rhythm universe....

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Minrad posted:

Sweet. See yall in the at rhythm universe....

Just FYI, you have to unlock the DLC menu via normal play, but it won't take too long. Then you get to the DLC menu from the File Select screen.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

what the gently caress? i tried the game and i couldnt stop playing it until i actively forced myself to stop

good god drat game imo

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

looking at the japanese dlc im gonna spend at least 5 bux on good king moogle mog, more fft music, and via purifico...

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Minrad posted:

what the gently caress? i tried the game and i couldnt stop playing it until i actively forced myself to stop

good god drat game imo

i liked it with stylus and played like 3 songs when i bought it and nodded because it's a good game

then i tried out circle pad + R mode and i was up for like 4 hours straight last night playing it

hard songs are a bit easy, ultimate songs are bonkers, although the two I tried were Man with the Machine Gun and the battle theme from FFX-2 which are my two favorites in the game

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I love all the airship themes, esp 6 and 9's. I like that they have a little model of the airship flying through the stage rather than/in addition to your dudes walking through. :3:

I didn't like the art style at all in screenshots but it's grown on me so much already, drat.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i let Reno hit me earlier just to see his little attack animation

also odin

oh my god odin :3:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Uh nobody told me one of the Chocobo Dungeon tracks you unlock is a remix of Seymour Battle with a speak and spell going "R. U. READY" in the background, wtf. Can I use this in Versus or do they have to have 27,000 Rhythmia too

Minrad posted:

looking at the japanese dlc im gonna spend at least 5 bux on good king moogle mog, more fft music, and via purifico...

I already spent $1 on music from X-2 lol (the title screen music I have always liked that song)

I really wanna play Balamb Garden but that was one of the last songs to come out in Japan I think. The bike chase music from FF7 might convince me to spend a dollar too

Also it's kinda BS that the Advent Children songs that are just FF7 songs with real instruments are DLC

Minrad posted:

I love all the airship themes, esp 6 and 9's. I like that they have a little model of the airship flying through the stage rather than/in addition to your dudes walking through. :3:

I didn't like the art style at all in screenshots but it's grown on me so much already, drat.
The art style looks terrible in screenshots but it works when you're focusing on all the little dots and lines on the screen and need to narrowly identify shapes out of the corner of your eye

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Wait it's a remix of man with machine gun

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i bought crazy chocobo and also yuffie

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I didn't buy Yuffie, but I bought crazy chocobo. I got a 3ds notification saying the new songs were up and I could download Rosa, but they aren't there for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I didn't buy Yuffie, but I bought crazy chocobo. I got a 3ds notification saying the new songs were up and I could download Rosa, but they aren't there for me.

What's the new songs

The other chocobo dungeon song I unlocked is a battle on big bridge remix. Didn't expect to actually like these

• Locked thread