Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
What your boss did isn't uncommon in tip-heavy industries, and most people go along with it to soak in a bunch of cash tax-free. It's your call if you want to out yourself to the govt, but it's going to be a huge headache to fix, both tax-wise and unemployment-wise

No there isn't any clause for believing him that saves you. They will hold you responsible, it's on you to look into this poo poo - you are responsible for yourself financially in their eyes, so 'he told me' is not an excuse.

Personally I would just leave it and move on to find another job and suck it up as a learning experience. The extra couple hundo you might get from the few months of corrected UI will be heavily overshadowed by the stress of dealing with this, and I would not be surprised if you ended up spending more to fix it than you get back if things go sour while they're investigating. Plus, I doubt it would be resolved within a month or two, so it would not meet your immediate needs anyway.

Good luck on your job hunt.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread