Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Rookersh posted:

The only reason I'm asking is because I quit that lovely job for a great job a few blocks from my house, and then they let me go today because the guy I was hired to replace wanted his job back. So now I get to hopefully get back on unemployment ( did I even work 680 hours this year? Hopefully! ), and I'd like to make at least enough to cover rent this time.

That's super super lovely that this new employer pulled this on you. If you want to be pissed at anyone be pissed at these guys.

I don't think there is any way you can file back taxes or whatever you'd call it and end up money ahead. Your previous employer is stupid to allow you to not report tip income, but you were stupid to go along with it. The downside to this stupidity is that you could get hosed when: you claim unemployment or get audited. I'd guess your chances of getting audited are slim so I'd just let the past be the past. Now you need to look at cutting your living expenses and look into getting stuff like food stamps and whatever else you can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread