Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

Rookersh posted:

It was my first tip based job, and I didn't know I had to sign off on tips. He knew how much I was making as he asked me several times how the money was at my store tipwise ( since I personally managed it. ) At no point did he inform me I had to fill out tip slips, he never gave me any TO fill out, and the when I asked about tipped wage when I got my first W-2, he told me he took care of it/it was already properly set up in the W-2.

I was always terrified of W-2s, so I didn't take a close look at the tip income section until a few days ago. Before that I just sent it to a tax form company, they told me how much I'd get back, I said that'd be great, and went on my merry way.

I plan to fix this with the IRS as soon as I get back on my feet. I'm just wondering if there is any sort of "Hey you weren't given the basic rundown of how this poo poo works, and your boss threw you under the bus because of it. Since you didn't know/the gain is so small we will just let this slide for now." clause for people who are naive enough to believe their first boss when they get told everything taxwise is under control.
I would call or go into your local IRS office once you have prepared the amended forms. Setup a payment plan. Shouldn't be a big deal. Also call and speak to the unemployment people, you likely can get it adjusted and get a large back payment lump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread