Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Mackson
i bought an air rifle and i cant even hit a pumpkin at 70 meters. what ammo should i use? its a crosman nitro venom .177.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salmiakki

was this moved over from the othe forums i cant even tell anymore

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Salmiakki posted:

Big Mackson

Salmiakki posted:

no i need help

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

You need to adjust your sights, op, and use bullets

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Michael Jackson posted:

no i need help

oh ok in that case kill you are self, become a bone bud, and im gay

Big Mackson

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

You need to adjust your sights, op, and use bullets

i tried today but it was a lot of wind and its dark now. i cannot use bullets because this is norway.

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

get a bigger gun that shoots bigger bullets and it will be easier to hit the target. I suggest

LastGoodBoy

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Use pumpkin shot.

vapoursquid

none other
get closer or be a better shot :shrug:

Slot

correct your sight picture, make sure you have a great cheek weld and dont hesitate from the shot. I have faith you'll be a great shooter on day

vapoursquid

none other
this is where i confess that i've shot cute little animals with a rifle before

Captain No-mates

i dont need help im fine

tao of lmao

Michael Jackson posted:

i bought an air rifle and i cant even hit a pumpkin at 70 meters. what ammo should i use? its a crosman nitro venom .177.

get a bigger pumpkin

Big Mackson
Okay i ordered some different types of ammo and i also used a laser to correct my sights (not my eyes lol). It shows what i knew, that it shoots down and to the left. Test shooting today.

deep dish peat moss

El Spider

michael jelqson

Looke

the only solution is suicide

a ritard

by XyloJW
keep at it op, don't be discouraged by your failures - this is practice, after all.

Freakbox

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."
I've never shot an air rifle- is that some sort of non-harmful weird bb gun thing? I own a colt .380 and a small shotgun, but that's not much of a comparison. Sorry I'm not much help. :downsgun:

Just practice practice practice. You'll get better. :rory:

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Oct 4, 2014

Freakbox

Ok No I'm curious now, what the gently caress is an 'Air Rifle'? I...had a pellet gun that I shot birds down with when I was little? Is it like that?

Having been raised by crazy drunk irish people and injuns in Oklahoma, I have seriously never been around a gun that wasn't something that fired painful metal objects at targets or fleshy objects. :psyduck:

Harime Nui

The New Insincerity
I don't know anything about guns, let alone airsoft guns! Sorry I can't help you at all, op. Maybe look into buying real guns with real bullets so sensible people can give you a sensible estimate on price range for ammo so you can figure out how to train yourself sensibly I don't know.

Freakbox

It's a pellet gun isn't it. OP, you can do this. I was knocking pigeons out of my backyard fruit trees when I was 11 with those things.<:mad:>

Try taping the face of someone you hate to the pumpkin.

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Oct 4, 2014

a ritard

by XyloJW

Freakbox posted:

Ok No I'm curious now, what the gently caress is an 'Air Rifle'? I...had a pellet gun that I shot birds down with when I was little? Is it like that?

Having been raised by crazy drunk irish people and injuns in Oklahoma, I have seriously never been around a gun that wasn't something that fired painful metal objects at targets or fleshy objects. :psyduck:

well there is airsoft which is more of a combat-practice where you're trying to get into firing position at close range to hit your target.

or

there is pellet guns, which is more of a marksman scenario where you are trying to hit a target at range.

my guess is that the op is using the latter. 70 meters is pretty long without any kind of rifling op i wish you luck.

Freakbox

Aaaah. Thank you! I had one of those old fashioned pump pellet rifles- I got jealous that my Brother and my Dad had rifles and so my dad got me one for my 10th birthday, and painted a unicorn on it for me. It was hilarious unwrapping it and setting it with the small sea of girly presents.

:unsmith: It's a good memory- my dad was hella awesome.

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Oct 4, 2014

ron color

Freakbox posted:

yeah I think it's a lot like that...powderless larger gauge ammo with a decent velocity leaving the barrel ie the op is not really pushing it shooting at 70 meters. I've never got to shoot one but I think they're used for small game. I just remember checking them out on amazon one time, I say let's find the one in the op

Harime Nui

The New Insincerity
Check this out though

the Girandoni Air Rifle

Yes these things were used in war and evidently KILLED people, IRL, so

Freakbox

You can do a lot of amazing things with wood, metal, gunpowder, and physics.

Big Mackson
putting up pictures soon

ron color
ya it's rifled after all + c02 powered
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004V9598E?pc_redir=1411847737&robot_redir=1#productDescription_secondary_view_pageState_1412424857860
I'd rather look at an actual gun if I'm spending $150 but I think it's pretty cool afterall

Freakbox

God, that's probably a lot easier than pumping a loving handle a billion times. :argh:

Though, the KA-chink, KA-chink, KA-chink noise was really centering, somehow.

a ritard

by XyloJW

Harime Nui posted:

Check this out though

the Girandoni Air Rifle

Yes these things were used in war and evidently KILLED people, IRL, so

air rifles were used as late as the 1980's for stealth operations as far as i know. they lack the power of a good powder charge but man are they quiet; range comparable to a pistol. wouldn't surprise me if they are still used today - easy to clean and not much wear compared to a conventional firearm, but that is some serious talk.

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

you think you have problems op? i left my car window open last night & my car is now a mobile swimming pool!!

Freakbox

a ritard posted:

air rifles were used as late as the 1980's for stealth operations as far as i know. they lack the power of a good powder charge but man are they quiet; range comparable to a pistol. wouldn't surprise me if they are still used today - easy to clean and not much wear compared to a conventional firearm, but that is some serious talk.

You want some serioustalk- my late father left my brother and I most of his firearms after he passed away, and I have a bunch of damned hydrashok rounds that I'm too nervous to use because I don't remember if they're legal in oklahoma. :gonk:

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Oct 4, 2014

ron color

Freakbox posted:

God, that's probably a lot easier than pumping a loving handle a billion times. :argh:

Though, the KA-chink, KA-chink, KA-chink noise was really centering, somehow.

actually I was wrong about cO2 I think this one is a pump action afterall

a ritard

by XyloJW

Freakbox posted:

You want some serioustalk- my late father left my brother and I most of his firearms after he passed away, and I have a bunch of damned hydrashok rounds that I'm too nervous to use because I'm pretty sure they're illegal, now. :gonk:

hydrashok is for stopping unarmored mans and is now obsolete. i would consult the local firearms authority on such a thing.

Freakbox

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Aaaah. I thought I hadn't seen any in a long time- he's been gone almost 10 years now. I figure I could just take them in somewhere; they're for a gun I don't even own anymore. I only kept what didn't knock me around too badly when I was learning to fire them properly ((I am a very tiny lady)).

((Goons- seriously. Go get a permit and learn to shoot a gun you buy or obtain. Don't be a tardbucket. Back to air rifle//pellet talk!))

EDIT: I like you, Zebra-Dude. :3: You seem pretty cool.

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Oct 4, 2014

a ritard

by XyloJW

Freakbox posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Aaaah. I thought I hadn't seen any in a long time- he's been gone almost 10 years now. I figure I could just take them in somewhere; they're for a gun I don't even own anymore. I only kept what didn't knock me around too badly when I was learning to fire them properly ((I am a very tiny lady)).

((Goons- seriously. Go get a permit and learn to shoot a gun you buy or obtain. Don't be a tardbucket. Back to air rifle//pellet talk!))

EDIT: I like you, Zebra-Dude. :3: You seem pretty cool.

do your research, and buy the gun that works for you. bigger is not always better - it's better to be fast and accurate and reliable than it is to look cool with bigger bullets. also be sure and train with the thing before you even think of using it irl, and keep it clean.

ALSO: right on freakbox :)

Big Mackson

I reloaded and clamped right through the skin and muscle. Nice mark lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakbox

Michael Jackson posted:

I reloaded and clamped right through the skin and muscle. Nice mark lol.

Okay, seriously, take a break for today, and maybe tomorrow. The fates are not on your side right now. Put some ice on that poo poo pronto and try to keep that hand closed//relaxed for a while; stretching it could exacerbate injuries and that's gonna swell. :ohdear:

Just...how did you even DO that? How?! How old are you? You're like a clumsy little duckie. :kimchi:

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 4, 2014

• Locked thread