Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
on the left
Nov 2, 2013
I Am A Gigantic Piece Of Shit

Literally poo from a diseased human butt

SedanChair posted:

This is the bottom line for me. Conservatives with ugly minds hate being challenged and belittled for their poison beliefs. It's satisfying to do so, but in some cases it makes them either 1) shut up and disengage or 2) question their evil lives. In the worst case, they won't be saved but their children will see them as pariahs. To me, it seems like this kind of progress (the ostracism and concentration of right-wing hate) is more important than any single election. It comes down to everyone's wish to believe that they are fundamentally decent people. If they are not decent at all, don't let them get away with believing it, or at least keep pointing out that there are a whole bunch of people who question their decency.

Let them question our decency, as well; they can't really do it outside of their manufactured echo chambers. Let a hundred schools of thought contend. Because their thought is toy.

Congrats on copy-pasting some strategy right out of the conservative anti-gay cookbook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

on the left
Nov 2, 2013

SedanChair posted:

I already pointed out that your thought is toy. You don't get to flip it around on me; you don't have the chops. Go to free republic, hang out with simpletons and fool yourself into thinking that you have the chops while America moves past you.

How are you able to present your opinions as the society-wide consensus and the only correct opinions? Oh, that's right, you are only able to do it because you are posting in a leftist echo chamber. This is why the "help D&D debate" thread is full of posts like "I am so smart, but I got owned by my illiterate family at the dinner table over the holidays".

on the left
Nov 2, 2013

SedanChair posted:

Who's in my echo chamber? Who is in yours? Who looks more like America? Let's wager it on down because I don't give a poo poo. You keep criticizing phantom leftists for using tactics the right wing uses: so what? They worked for the right when it was in power, and when it was viable. It works to ostracize people. It works to use the prevailing moral tone of the culture against your political enemies. It worked for you when the prevailing moral tone was one of bigotry, but that's changing. Your way of life is dying out, so by all means try to rally one another. See if you can hold on to relevance for another thirty years. See if you can keep your kids from realizing that all they have to do to avoid our hate is drop your poo poo ideology.

When it comes to where the country is heading, the country is going to probably look more like Mexico in the next 30 years, especially in the areas of social/political institutions, income inequality, and racial strife. This will frankly work out pretty great for me.

• Locked thread