Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Cunty

:eng101: WELCOME TO THE BYOB EXPLANATION STATION :eng101:

If you're anything like me, you've been lurking BYOB on and off for 8 years and have only recently lost enough of your dignity to post here regularly.

Or maybe you're like me and you smoke so much weed you can't remember funny things from before last Tuesday.

Or perhaps, like me, any meme or in-joke that you don't get sends you into a spiral of depression and paranoia that eventually results in bankruptcy and divorce.

:toot: Sunny days, my friends! :toot:

No matter which me you are, The BYOB Explanation Station is for you. This is your one-stop-shop for any questions regarding memes, in-jokes and other BYOB sundry from Back In The Day. i am he, among other BYOldbies, has PROMISED to answer any questions we have about things like tane, teh, sid's swirly and more.

No meme is too tiny, no joke too retarded. If your question gets missed or is not answered in a timely manner, I will add it to to the OP and menace i am he via pm, ecard and carrier pigeon until he responds or finds someone who can. If you know the answer to a question that has been asked, don't stand on ceremony dude, we're all friends here...:justpost:

:siren: THIS IS A SAFE SPACE. DON'T BE TOO MEAN TO US NEWBLES FOR ASKING QUESTIONS. WE'RE TRYING TO LEARN HERE JERKIES :siren:

E: I CAN IN NO WAY CONFIRM ANY OF THE LIES ANSWERS IN THIS THREAD, AS IT WAS BEFORE MY TIME. BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ...IF YOU DARE.

Lil Cunty fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Sep 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Cunty

i want to know about

teh

tane

the _______ meme

i miss __________

the 3 drat berries

the unabonger
how could you have been reading byob for the past 8 years if it was deleted for two of them?

the unabonger
were you reading BYOB xp?

soybean

what does byob stand for

Dexters Secret

soybean posted:

what does byob stand for

byob yobery of byob

Lil Cunty

The Fresh Prince posted:

how could you have been reading byob for the past 8 years if it was deleted for two of them?

OFF AND ON

it's right there in the op

the op i worked very very hard on and lost twice and had to rewrite a bunch of times

smoobles

what are

pototo chipes
chikken nuggz

the unabonger
i didnt read the op very carefully

vapoursquid

none other
what is a smoobles

nvm no cake

i am he

WD-40 posted:

i want to know about

teh

tane

the _______ meme

i miss __________

the 3 drat berries

Let's get started:
- teh: This one is pretty self explanatory.
- tane: Really good and funny meme, it was an accidental mispelling of "tame" posted by 8.1 regular Pumpkin Pie when he was talking about beast mastery. Kind of got run into the ground by the fedora mra pua types over in the pink forum but its what used to make BYOB tick back in the 8.1 days.
- the _______ meme: This was a trick meme before BYOB's css actually functioned properly. It didn't properly recognize the underscore character and instead just linked to rznv, needless to say almost every other post contained the meme before Lowtax finally fixed the css.
- i miss __________: This one is related to the _______ meme. After the css was fixed a lot of BYOB regulars missed being able to easily link to rznv and would post "i miss __________" to show it.
- the 3 drat berries: JEsus, it's been a while since I've thought about this one. It still makes me laugh irl, honestly. During BYOB 7.5(or 7.6?) popular user Smoke Monsta posted a thread about how he was smoking weed and eating three types of berries, and he wanted others to guess what the three types were. It was one of the longest threads ever and nobody ever guessed the berries, so people just started posting "the 3 drat berries" as an answer to questions they didn't know the real answer to.

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

:eyepop:

the unabonger

LastGoodBoy

Keep your mind be open window everyday
I want to know what love is. I want you to show me.

Ace of Baes
whats the posting penguin

Dexters Secret

Nacho Destroyer posted:

linux

nvm no cake

Nacho Destroyer posted:

Diqnol

Nacho Destroyer posted:

His name is Pok and you can only find him in FYAD, actually.

i am he

I'm pretty sure Bill Cosby 420 made the original Posting Penguin graphic, in 2010 or so. It appeared next to the edited post disclaimer but a lot of people adblocked the image after a while because some of the more computer literate posters, like Geektron, found you could embed autoplaying audio files in it and would post in every thread and then edit the post so that rznv would autoplay.

alnilam

i know it was during my time but i missed the hosed up tiny wolf thing, what's that about :(

Diqnol

Someone posted the picture of little dog that looked a lot like a wolf. People took that and ran with it.

the unabonger

i am he

Yuck! That's gross.

alnilam

dog... wuz dead? :(

p hosed up and tiny tho

i am he

That was actually former poster Weed Whacker's dog that died when he fed it weed brownies thinking that it would get the dog high and make him chill out a little bit. I think it had some sort of hyperactive disorder, but the brownies were chocolate, and, well.. You can see how that ended up.

LastGoodBoy

i am he posted:

That was actually former poster Weed Whacker's dog that died when he fed it weed brownies thinking that it would get the dog high and make him chill out a little bit. I think it had some sort of hyperactive disorder, but the brownies were chocolate, and, well.. You can see how that ended up.

Maybe he's just sleeping.

the unabonger
nah man, dogs cant handle that much weed and chocolate

alnilam

:rip: dogge :(

alnilam

on this day i truly do <3 my hosed up tiny wolf :cry:

the unabonger
heres a hosed up tiny dog that is still alive:

a ritard

by XyloJW
what caused the deletion of the original byob?

right now i'm guessing it had to do with some pretty amoral/criminal stuff that had been going on (pedophilia was mentioned, i'm sure that the whole "tier" thing was cool with everyone as well)

alnilam

The Fresh Prince posted:

heres a hosed up tiny dog that is still alive:

lmbo it lookks like it's melding into the ground

Matoi Ryuko

anime gently caress pillow posted:

His name is Pok and you can only find him in FYAD, actually.

He lurks here.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

lol no loving way

i am he

a ritard posted:

right now i'm guessing it had to do with some pretty amoral/criminal stuff that had been going on (pedophilia was mentioned, i'm sure that the whole "tier" thing was cool with everyone as well)

Hoo boy. The big question on everyone's mind I'm sure. It had nothing to do with "pedophilia" or tier lists or anything illegal. Basically Da Reggae Mon (the maker of rznv) made a thread titled "Let's Settle This: Is RZNV Good?" It was meant to be a containment thread to keep discussion of rznv out of every single loving thread posted. During that time pretty much any thread, no matter how well intentioned, would break down into people arguing about the song.

Da Reggae Mon's thread was meant to stop all that and force the two camps (1. Thought rznv was really good and a BYOB anthem of sorts, 2. Thought that it was bad and representative of what was wrong with BYOB at the time) to sort it out there instead of all over the forum. One poster, I think it was the tickle monster or pound TOWN, began to spam the thread with as many inline FART gently caress HELL pictures as possible. The thread got so bloated that it began to cause slowdowns sitewide. Lowtax deleted the thread and made mentioning rznv a bannable offense, traffic slowed down to like 10-20 posters per day after a few weeks so they deleted the forum.

i am he

Similar stuff happened when a user's ignore list grew so large that it started to cause the entire site to slow down, and when a FYAD IK merged every thread in FYAD, effectively crippling the forums for a few days.

LastGoodBoy

a ritard posted:

It disappeared as part of the Philadelphia Experiment.

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill
i took a posting break and came back and talking about "one single oat" was hilarious for some reason what reason was that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

JackBadass posted:

It disappeared as part of the Philadelphia Experiment.

oh god it's true i will never forget that day

• Locked thread