Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Cyra posted:

Uhh proteus fucken owns its like hey guy lets chill out on the intro level of knuckles chaotix

Ah, the exploration game without actually having anything to explore but your own navel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

The Protagonist posted:

oh yeah thats right, kinda got a pathologic vibe from it

worth playing?

Don't know sorry, all i know is there's some monster that will kill you or something

eidolon is another proteus-like game i think

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
Sir, You Are Being Hunted has pretty solid exploration, as well as actual gameplay, which seems to be something some of these games (namely Proteus) lack

e: not to poo poo on Proteus. I actually enjoyed it pretty well, it just sorta lacks replayability/any exploration of consequence

Schnedwob fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 18, 2014

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Proteus is great for the price of free/cheap.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Discount Viscount posted:

Proteus is great for the price of free/cheap.

It's basically an interactive wallpaper, so pay as much as you would for one of those

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

zen death robot posted:

What the gently caress is this 6 posts in a row poo poo

idk i think the anti punchline makes it kinda funny, wikipedia says this is called a "Shaggy Dog Story". the more u know

Dec 26, 2012

all the suggestions he gave were good ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
did someone say star control 2 yet

• Locked thread