Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Brother None posted:

Please do contact support directly for any weirdness/issues in the backer system. We are significantly backed up now but we'll be working around the clock to try to get to everyone.

I wish, but no, factors outside of our control mean the physical goods won't ship until some time after release. Sorry :(

Well dang, I'm still playing it tomorrow but that really sucks for people who're waiting on physical copies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

TerminalSaint posted:

I'm gonna' make a submachine gunner named Ian who only fires at enemies behind party members.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I just verified my shipping address a week after I got the email (I didn't see it due to Microsoft putting it in junk) I hope this doesn't pose problems :ohdear:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Brother None posted:

I wish, but no, factors outside of our control mean the physical goods won't ship until some time after release. Sorry :(

We had to wait for NOTHING?!?!?!?!

:argh:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Are we getting the final patch at midnight PST or some other time? I'm wondering if I'll get to play before I go to sleep or not. I know some games unlock at midnight and some at arbitrary times during the day. Not sure how a release patch would work.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Brother None posted:

Please do contact support directly for any weirdness/issues in the backer system. We are significantly backed up now but we'll be working around the clock to try to get to everyone.

But but map... I've already cleared shelf space, it would've rested between Fallout 2 and Arcanum :negative:

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety

chiefnewo posted:

Have you contacted support? If you don't let them know there is an issue it probably won't get fixed.
Yeah I used the website support and sent an email, here's hoping I can get this worked out before launch. Worst case I might have to see if anyone is up for trading a copy of WL2 for a copy of Torment, since I know I have enough to get at least two copies of it on the account.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

So loading the beta now will help ease the load when the full release is launched? Hmm should probably start on that then if the game is really 33 GB...

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

HondaCivet posted:

So loading the beta now will help ease the load when the full release is launched? Hmm should probably start on that then if the game is really 33 GB...

The game's not actually 33GB, that's just the required disk space for both the install files and the... installed files. It's Steam's way of making sure you have enough HD space to install the game before deleting the uncompressed files it downloaded and it always seems to estimate a little high in my experience. You're probably looking at a ~12gb download an a ~16gb install.

e: The current Beta requires 22gb of disk space but it's a 5.6gb download and 12.2gb when installed.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 19, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

HondaCivet posted:

He's said it's not. Should be half that.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I've been trying not to pay to much attention to this, and I was going to wait for my box copy to play it, but that plan went out the window about 15 seconds after I saw my key in Ranger Center. I'm so hyped right now it's ridiculous.

I managed to avoid most of the spoilers for the game, except for the fact that the game opens with Ace's funeral (bummer), and I read All Bad Things a few nights ago which was a pretty decent little story. If All Bad Things is anything to go by, California is going to be incredibly hosed.

girth brooks part 2 fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Sep 19, 2014

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Am I the only one who doesn't intend to open the box at all?

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Kharmakazy posted:

The thought had crossed my mind, but I know as soon as I get it I'm going to want to lay out the map and thumb through the manual.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I backed this way back when but haven't touched the beta. Anything I should know going in? Any stat/skill particularly good/bad? Maybe you could put a section in the OP?

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

Haha welp, just got an inXile support email and it looks like they only do the manual pledge verifications for Torment weekly so it probably won't happen till monday or later.

If anyone wants to trade a WL2 code for a Torment code (when it comes out, in the far distant future) or is just an incredibly kind, generous person and would be up for giving me a spare code, I'd be super grateful.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Everdraed posted:

Haha welp, just got an inXile support email and it looks like they only do the manual pledge verifications for Torment weekly so it probably won't happen till monday or later.

If anyone wants to trade a WL2 code for a Torment code (when it comes out, in the far distant future) or is just an incredibly kind, generous person and would be up for giving me a spare code, I'd be super grateful.

I have an extra key I haven't specified yet. Do you want Steam or GOG?

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

I would love a steam key, do you want Torment in exchange?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kharmakazy posted:

I might to check out the map and such but having it closed and with my other collected stuff is likely how it'll go.

e: Oh poo poo, I forgot the $100 tier was a boxed CE and two digital copies. I kept thinking it was two copies total. I need to see if my brother got a copy of WL2 when he backed Torment or not, I guess.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Sep 18, 2014

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Everdraed posted:

I would love a steam key, do you want Torment in exchange?

I already backed Torment, so it'd be redundant. Consider it a reward for making cool things on the internet.

Check your PMs.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
This thread is heartwarming

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

Mr. Lobe posted:

I already backed Torment, so it'd be redundant. Consider it a reward for making cool things on the internet.

Check your PMs.
Thanks again, you're a real lifesaver!

Well, I guess since I'll be playing WL2 pretty hard tomorrow and into the weekend you're more a life destroyer, but I still greatly appreciate it!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

MrQwerty posted:

This thread is heartwarming

Just like autofire mode on an energy weapon.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Everdraed posted:

Thanks again, you're a real lifesaver!

Well, I guess since I'll be playing WL2 pretty hard tomorrow and into the weekend you're more a life destroyer, but I still greatly appreciate it!

Destroy your weekend? Ha, I'm taking tomorrow off to have a defacto 3 DAY WEEKEND to waste mucking around in the Wastelands.

Anyways you're welcome. Oburger video is great, by the way.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
So this is for real coming out tomorrow no foolin?

Or midnight tonight?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

So this is for real coming out tomorrow no foolin?

Or midnight tonight?

Midnight tonight. Prepare your socks.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
Finally, after years, the first KS project I backed will actually be for realsies released.

:feelsgood:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Funnypost Collabo posted:

Timezone?

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION

Agent355 posted:

Timezone?

PDT

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Odd they didn't launch at midnight GMT. Seems like 5PM PDT would be a lot easier on inXile's staff.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
5PM is a really odd time though, at least this way, they can have a night shift handling all the immediate problems, and anyone that have regular hours can at least get a proper dinner before going back into the trenches.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I thought this stuff would have been all automated by Steam anyway? Like the final build is on the Steam servers, it's just up to the timer now.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
So WL2 is out at 3AM Eastern tonight?

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Funnypost Collabo posted:

:ohdear:

Tomorrow at work is going to be a looooong day . . . Either because I went to bed at a decent time like a good worker bee or stayed up all night playing.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Pope Guilty posted:

Yes.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Woo!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I love it when a game sneaks up on me like this. Any time I get into a game's development and get excited it's always a huge let-down. Now I get to wait for the reviews and buy it like a normal person!

Brother None
Feb 25, 2013

On the line for InXile

HondaCivet posted:

- Installing beta now does improve load for release as it'll be applied as a patch
- 30 GB is a "steam estimate", which means compressed size + install size. The compressed size (download) was about 9-10 GB last I grabbed it, the install size about 21-22 GB (these numbers may be slightly off for release).

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Pope Guilty posted:

If I'm not bad at conversion it comes out at 5pm Australian Eastern time for me... It's going to be a good weekend.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
It is already the 19th in Australia.

Clock is currently at 11:00am.

I have work to be done.

I have post work drinks to be drunk.

I have front row seats to the footy tonight; ball up at 7:50pm.

I have social drinks to attend post footy, in which I will either drown my sorrows or celebrate in booking my plane ticket and hotel in Melbourne for the Holy Grail next week.

I’m hoping that by the time I get home, it should be released.

Then I will make tea or ten and wait as my potato internet updates to the release version.

After that, goodbye weekend hello Wasteland!

EDIT:

VodeAndreas posted:

If I'm not bad at conversion it comes out at 5pm Australian Eastern time for me... It's going to be a good weekend.
Oh FFS don't tell me that - I paid $120 for my goddamn ticket tonight.

NEW PLAN!

Screw work drinks, go home, load game, go to footy, go home play wasteland.

Rougey fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Ugh, I just bought this. thanks for selling it so hard.

• Locked thread