Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Great show, a few really good matches, a massive historic moment, absolutely terrific stream.

This was a wonderful experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I am legit teared up.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the crying ladies must be his family yeah

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
:qq:

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
ATSUSHI ONITA!?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He looks like a Mexican Tony Atlas

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

this is a special moment. Ultimo Guerrero main evented the first lucha show i ever went to

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
should have kept the mask on

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

I am legit teared up.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

This is one ugly, ugly man

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is pretty awesome

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

ITS ME AUSTIN

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Now bait and switch in 2015 to pay for Wagner Jr vs. LA Park!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I love my understanding of spanish

Atalantis posted:

ULTIMO GUERRERO.... MASK.... .... MASK......... MASK......... WRESTLING..... GUERRERO..... MASK..........

Gusano
Dec 15, 2013
The girls crying are Ultimo Guerrero's duaghters. There's also his wife and his father there.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

This was a A+ main event plus unmasking

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
All I got from Atlantis was him telling UG that he will treasure his mask above all others in his career I think.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

LordPants posted:

I love my understanding of spanish

He talked about how it was a very special and important mask and it was now his, but in a respectful manner and not an :owned: manner

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
That was a really cool match and definitely felt like a big goddamn deal. The unmasking was really great too, so much American wrestling made me think a swerve was coming but nope, just friendly respect and a straightforward delivery of the stips.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

This music makes it feel like the end of a movie

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

RaceyBucket posted:

This music makes it feel like the end of a movie

this is the end of an era

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ultimo's crying daughter is killing me

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

CVagts posted:

That was a really cool match and definitely felt like a big goddamn deal. The unmasking was really great too, so much American wrestling made me think a swerve was coming but nope, just friendly respect and a straightforward delivery of the stips.

is it too late to dip Atlantis' dad's head in nair that mysteriously just gives him a buzzcut and doesn't burn his eyes out

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
See you in a few years for Cavernario vs Atlantis.

Gusano
Dec 15, 2013
Their promos basically translate to this:

Ultimo Guerrero: I accept my loss and this is a business where you either win or lose. Thanks to all the people who supported me, I'm sorry I failed you but I still retain my honor.

Atlantis: I like seeing a man lose with honor. I will keep this mask in a very special place, since it costed me blood, sweat and tears. Thanks to the crowd for always supporting Atlantis.

Pretty emotional stuff there.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This feels like it did when the streak ended

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
yeah I kind of... can't believe it's over :smith: and I wasn't even following this whole thing as it unfolded

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

But with more crying instead of silent :stare:ing

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

That was more shocking and kind of sad, to me this is expected, satisfying but bittersweet ending.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I thought the crowd had emptied out quick then I realized a lot of the people had just come down closer to the ring.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ultimo Guerrero is only 42? What in the gently caress?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Paco Alonso is kind of a poo poo but I hope CMLL gets their TV situation sorted out by the time Atlantis decides to lose his mask so they can maybe build off the last real thing they have.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Dave Meltzer posted:

Atlantis won with the torture rack in the third fall. This wasn't the best match of the year, but for tension it was at a different level. It was the "event" match of the year. It was like you turned back time 20 years because the heat was at a different level. They are showing women in he crowd crying, okay, they are UG's family but they are crying hysterically. The pop for the submission was gigantic. This was probably similar to an Undertaker match at Mania, maybe not as good, but the real slow big move and near fall style with super heat. Guerrero is now crying in the middle of the ring after losing. Guerrero kept escaping the rack in the third fall. Atlantis really did a hell of a job for his age and with all the mileage on his body from decades of being a high flyer even though UG really carried it. UG won the first fall with a double revesal into a cradle. Atlantis took the second with a leg and arm and head submission.

The mask is coming off now. UG announced he was Jose Gutierrez Hernandez, from Gomez Palacio, Duragngo, 42 years old. Guerreor got a promo after. Atlantis has a busted mouth. Guerrero was crying as he tooki his mask off, he then removed the mask and handed it to Atlantis. They just showed Ultimo Guerrero's father in the crowd with all the family crying. Now he's embracing his family. The last 30 seconds of this match and the post-match are easily the greatest moments in wrestling of this year.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
By about halfway through I kind of didn't want there to be a loser, but if there was a fudge finish I would have probably gotten violent sooo

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
that was a really special moment and I'm very glad I saw it live.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

Ultimo Guerrero is only 42? What in the gently caress?

they start young in Mexico

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

That was a free show!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

That was a free show!

they probably made a million dollars on the gate though

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren: