Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Geop posted:

You can turn on no-violence mode to make them in to pretty sparkles and stars! :shobon: They aren't dying, they're just going to the Happy Dimension!

Yeah, the first thing I did was turn on no-violence mode. I could not deal with all the bloody stains everywhere in this otherwise super friendly and colorful game. I think No Violence Mode should be on by default, and Violence Mode should be in the options menu instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I didn't even notice that menu, haha. Goatie all years.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

You should be playing on Midas Mode anyway.

Gandor
Apr 22, 2008
This game is yet another reminder that I'm no longer capable of playing challenging video games. But I still love it!

Thanks for making this magical adventure.

Fulla Lizards!
Sep 12, 2004

Wordybird posted:

The connection is that they're all good friends of the developers, mostly. That's the magical secret connection.

Oh great, another example of nepotism in the games industry. :rolleyes: #GamerGate

(Seriously though this game is pretty cool, hats off to everyone involved.)

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

They're friends with Panzer and Bees, simple as that! Everyone in this is just a friend of the developers who volunteered to do things for them. All of the pedestrian audio is just fan-submitted stuff too, mostly by goons who are fans of Panzer's LP's/streaming/general Panzerness.

Also Medibot was born to play Jeffrey and if he doesn't win some kind of award there will be riots

That's pretty cool. I like that a lot of this is just because people were friends and really wanted to do it. It really adds to the overall atmosphere of fun and enjoyment that shows that everyone was just having a good time and loved doing it.

Edit: I honestly prefer a game if it really seems like the people involved were having fun with it. Low budget games that have heart are really endearing even if they're overall terrible (Not implying that this game is one of those). I'm going to pick this up as soon as I can just because I know that it's going to be a lot of fun and very silly and endearing. Plus I love FMVs

Cowman fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 20, 2014

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

They're friends with Panzer and Bees, simple as that! Everyone in this is just a friend of the developers who volunteered to do things for them. All of the pedestrian audio is just fan-submitted stuff too, mostly by goons who are fans of Panzer's LP's/streaming/general Panzerness.

Also Medibot was born to play Jeffrey and if he doesn't win some kind of award there will be riots

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I ran over myself at some point here. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So whose kids are those? They seem to have this odd mix of "amused to be here", "trying really hard!", and confusion. :v:

Yaaaaaaaaaaay~

DeliciousBees
Jul 15, 2001

Gromit posted:

I'm using a 360 pad (well, Horipad EX2) and it seems like this game loses track of it or something. Moving around in-game I find the limo stops and starts a lot for no obvious reason, and I find the user interface to be tough to navigate, almost like it misses key-presses or won't see one unless I move the highlight away and back to what I want to select.
The pad is fine in every other game, so I'm not sure what's up. By the sounds of things, no-one else is getting this?

Apparently this is a bug in the version of Unity we're using at the moment. There's a patch out that I'm looking into - if all goes well we'll push tonight's update with this build. Stay tuned!

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Croccers posted:

:toxx: This game is so amazing I'm willing to gift a copy of the Deluxe edition to someone that makes the coolest Georgio Manos fanart. Post entries here before this poo poo hits zero or something http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/soccer?iso=20140922T00&p0=468&msg=Georgio+Fanos&csz=1 :toxx:

An idea popped up in Medibot's stream chat on launch day so here's my whack at Georgio's Bizzare Adventure!

Jolyne Cujoh fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 21, 2014

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

CptUnderpant posted:

Apparently this is a bug in the version of Unity we're using at the moment. There's a patch out that I'm looking into - if all goes well we'll push tonight's update with this build. Stay tuned!

That's great to hear. As it is I can't really play the game, so I look forward to seeing this in the Steam update queue so I can give it another try.
Thanks for the details.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Hello is this where I report in to support eSports?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I just picked this up and am enjoying it even though I'm terrible at it. I do have a question about the properties though. When I buy them, do I have to physically go to their location to get the money or is it just automatically added to my account?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Cowman posted:

I just picked this up and am enjoying it even though I'm terrible at it. I do have a question about the properties though. When I buy them, do I have to physically go to their location to get the money or is it just automatically added to my account?

You need to go to the location to collect the money, then after a couple minutes you can go back and collect again

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

I'm not a very good artist and I don't have any sort of digital art programs, but an idea popped up in Medibot's stream chat on launch day so here's my whack at Georgio's Bizzare Adventure

Not that this isn't great, but I sort of wish that you made the limo be part of Georgio's hair.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

You should be playing on Midas Mode anyway.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Gold Limo Midas Mode

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Earlier tonight i did a stream of roundabout in which i also tried to give some background on the many goons who are in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlrB_kVGqRg

Also after that i got myself a WR, aw yeahh:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I was having fun with the game but I was occasionally finding myself having trouble navigating from point A to point B, even outside of missions. But the game's just so charming that I had to press on anyways.

Then I learned how to break the rules. :vince: I love this rotational limo-driving game.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

drat, this game is hard.

How does Ctrl to upgrade work? :confused: I press it and the screen goes woozy, but nothing else appears.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
My favourite upgrade is the Traffic Cone one because I'm a jerk and like making a mess.

Cowman posted:

Edit: I honestly prefer a game if it really seems like the people involved were having fun with it. Low budget games that have heart are really endearing even if they're overall terrible (Not implying that this game is one of those). I'm going to pick this up as soon as I can just because I know that it's going to be a lot of fun and very silly and endearing. Plus I love FMVs

Croccers posted:

:toxx: This game is so amazing I'm willing to gift a copy of the Deluxe edition to someone that makes the coolest Georgio Manos fanart. Post entries here before this poo poo hits zero or something http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/soccer?iso=20140922T00&p0=468&msg=Georgio+Fanos&csz=1 :toxx:

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Finished the game yesterday. It's great fun, challenging but not frustrating, and I am looking forward to ESPORTS if I can find the time to compete with these crazy people who must be cyborgs or something.

Avril Lavigne
May 29, 2006

Croccers posted:

drat, I only discovered this thread today. Any chance of an extension?

MGN001
May 12, 2012

Merijn posted:

drat, this game is hard.

How does Ctrl to upgrade work? :confused: I press it and the screen goes woozy, but nothing else appears.

When you hold the upgrade button/key, it slows time down. You can unlock other upgrades later.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Just bought this today, didn't realize how much Sick 70's Bass was in this game. Excellent.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Goddammit the opening music has been stuck in my head for days now

I hope you're happy

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
"gently caress bollocks poo poo" - Jim Sterling

That's a box quote if I ever saw one.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I don't suck as bad anymore as Jim does in that video, but he does do the thing I also do, is laugh uncontrollably when I gently caress up and blow up, because that is still amazing.

Neo-Reaper
Jul 31, 2006
So this game is pretty great.

Any way to restart a mission in the middle of it? Or disabling the videos? Would make replaying the missions for 100% a lot easier...

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Neo-Reaper posted:

So this game is pretty great.

Any way to restart a mission in the middle of it? Or disabling the videos? Would make replaying the missions for 100% a lot easier...

Apparently today's update added the ability to restart in the middle of a ride.

Also I beat the game yesterday! It was great fun. I generally don't 100% things, but it is pretty tempting to at least take a shot at it.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Watched Slowbeef stream this game, bought it immediately, despite having a big chunk of the story spoiled.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
For extra polish, the game really needs to tell you what is going on. Why do I want or need to buy real estate? Why do coins reappear as x2 coins after I've blown up? This sort of thing just seems like an easy pop-up tip the first time you see them that would help beginners.
Or maybe is does all that and I missed it?

Ragny
Feb 29, 2012

I WANT YOU
FOR XCOM ARMY
You buy real estate and after a while when you come back on it, you get money. Money is used to purchase cosmetic elements (hats, paint). You don't need to do this if you don't care about completing the game 100%.

Every pickup becomes a x2 coin because some rides have challenges that require you to reach a certain multiplier and every single pickup counts towards that. It would be unfair to completely remove those items after the first time you pick them up. So instead they become x2 coins to indicate you collected them already.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

GNU Order posted:

You need to go to the location to collect the money, then after a couple minutes you can go back and collect again

That sucks, I hate it when games do that because I always forget what I've bought and where I need to go to pick up the money. Oh well, money seems easy enough to come by that it's not a big deal.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

A location's icon (not on the map, on the actual gameplay) will be bright green if you have enough money to buy it or if it's ready to collect.

Not that it matters; I don't remember buildings being that much of an income compared to multiplier streaks from doing a bunch of missions and just driving around.

EDIT: Oh, and Cash Stacks. Gotta get them Cash Stacks.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 22, 2014

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Top 3 eSports speedruns times (Ragny, Whymog, yellowkarma) are all game testers, right?

I'm getting so close, each run my level of eSports support increases

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Color Printer posted:

A location's icon (not on the map, on the actual gameplay) will be bright green if you have enough money to buy it or if it's ready to collect.

Not that it matters; I don't remember buildings being that much of an income compared to multiplier streaks from doing a bunch of missions and just driving around.

EDIT: Oh, and Cash Stacks. Gotta get them Cash Stacks.

Well, once I stop being terrible and colliding/exploding every checkpoint I ought to start making a ton of money :v:

On another note, excellent job with the checkpointing. Exploding isn't nearly as annoying as it could be since you just restart super close anyways

Neo-Reaper
Jul 31, 2006

PublicOpinion posted:

Apparently today's update added the ability to restart in the middle of a ride.

Huh, so it did. Awesome!

So, I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but I can't figure out how the pickup locator upgrade works. I've even tried using it near a pickup and there seems to be no perceptible difference. Help?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Neo-Reaper posted:

So, I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but I can't figure out how the pickup locator upgrade works. I've even tried using it near a pickup and there seems to be no perceptible difference. Help?

The pitch will get higher the closer you are to something. It'd be way, waaaaay more helpful if it toggled like a switch instead of having to press it constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I finished the story mode, what a charming little game. I'm nowhere near skilled enough at it to ever dream of 100%, but I cannot wait to see the speedrun videos for this. :allears:

• Locked thread