Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Studio
Jan 15, 2008

They're just jerks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Anyways I read what Studio posted about the permashrink glitch and now I've changed my mind and feel like it should be patched out.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
This was a pretty enjoyable game. Simultaneously very cheesy but it felt very sincere and funny

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

By the way, I finally ran a full eSports speedrun with permashrink turned on to actually see how fast it is, and while it wasn't exactly a perfect run, it was quite a bit easier than a normal run and I got a really good time, about 10-20 seconds off my PB.

I don't think the fastest possible run will be able to exploit it in any way but if you're planning to fix it for ILs and everything else you should probably just fix it for speedruns as well, imo

I mean mostly just because it's not going to cause any huge harm to the WR but it could flood the leaderboards with more intermediate times from people who have decent runs with it on, because a decent run is a lot more attainable now at a lower skill level

DeliciousBees
Jul 15, 2001

Heads up we're going to push a build today (bar anything unforseen) that'll patch the powerup glitch out, as well as include some other minor fixes. Since we'd have to patch it for every other mode anyway it seems cleaner this way, plus the general consensus seems to be leaning towards patching. Thanks again for all the thoughts!

Edit: build is up!

Kaubocks posted:

Long story short, Dan Teasdale is a pretentious rear end in a top hat and you shouldn't support his company.

This reminds me that I accidentally baked a filed called "badatvideogames.jpg" into the release version of Roundabout.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DeliciousBees fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 16, 2014

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Look at all those milliseconds :eyepop:

Also a Panzer Skank sounds terrifying.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Is that worse than a Slut Mech.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Yodzilla posted:

Is that worse than a Slut Mech.

Well now I need to change my name thanks a lot

DeliciousBees
Jul 15, 2001

Also, thanks to Studio, we found one weird bug that would lock people at 99.7% if you bought a specific hat in a weird specific order. There's a hotfix up that'll fix this (although you may have to enter and exit a level for it to fully get to 100%).

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

DeliciousBees posted:

This reminds me that I accidentally baked a filed called "badatvideogames.jpg" into the release version of Roundabout.

Yikes!

Ball's in your court. I'm a little worried because of your world-renowned ball-handling ability, though...

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Is there any way to see the non-esports leaderboards outside of the game?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

DeliciousBees posted:

Also, thanks to Studio, we found one weird bug that would lock people at 99.7% if you bought a specific hat in a weird specific order. There's a hotfix up that'll fix this (although you may have to enter and exit a level for it to fully get to 100%).

Alright, now I can focus on the eSports WR.

Edit: Holy poo poo, a Roundabout achievement pushed off one of my TBP achievements from Steam.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Dr. Stab posted:

Steam leaderboards integration, son

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/303430/leaderboards/357599/

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

OH MY GOD DEAFTOISE WAS SO CLOSE TO SUB 11.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Studio posted:

OH MY GOD DEAFTOISE WAS SO CLOSE TO SUB 11.

No kidding. The struggle is real. He said he recorded it so I'm looking forward to the new strats video so I can take it and do better

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

The drop down to switch to another leaderboard only shows one entry for me, the esports speedrun time.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Ah, misread the question, sorry

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

DeliciousBees posted:

Also, thanks to Studio, we found one weird bug that would lock people at 99.7% if you bought a specific hat in a weird specific order.

Video game development.

Just "beat" the game tonight and sitting around 53% I think. I also realized that I've yet to buy any new powerups because I guess I thought like with jump and boating they'd be part of the story. Welp!

Speaking of story, Roundabout is a better tale of lesbian love than Gone Home. :colbert:

e: also the actress who plays Beth is beyond adorable and I couldn't stop smiling whenever she was onscreen

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7YaDcD7xJo

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Finally a game that legitimizes the concept of esports.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I didn't record this run unfortunately

Sorry, Blastoise

DeliciousBees
Jul 15, 2001

Dr. Stab posted:

Not at the moment, but it's not that much work for me to enable it. I'll throw it on the list.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Everything in this game is so funny and charming and great but I'm so, so bad at it. :smith: In the first few missions I was blowing up several times between each checkpoint before I finally inched forward enough to move to the next checkpoint, and now that the first chain of missions you start out with has dried up I can barely get a block or two away from the garage before blowing up and getting sent back there.

I've killed poor Giorgio so many times. :rip:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Rincewind posted:

Everything in this game is so funny and charming and great but I'm so, so bad at it. :smith: In the first few missions I was blowing up several times between each checkpoint before I finally inched forward enough to move to the next checkpoint, and now that the first chain of missions you start out with has dried up I can barely get a block or two away from the garage before blowing up and getting sent back there.

I've killed poor Giorgio so many times. :rip:

The slowmo power-up really helped me when I was starting off, because I too am not the most coordinated revolving limousine chauffeur.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Hey GNU Order, do you go boat for Mountains? If so, when?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Studio posted:

Hey GNU Order, do you go boat for Mountains? If so, when?

I'm assuming mountains = third area

Nope, I use Blastoise's path w/r/t powerup routing.

Only get the inflatiboat after the docks segment, before the Memorial mission. Do the parking garage with no shrink, death warp to the triathalon, then swap back to the shrink afterwards for the rest of the run.

Being able to shrink through the fairground area and through the red car gauntlet, the entire mountain climb and ski lodge area more than makes up the time it takes to jump over the ice floes. Blastoise's video is basically the path I take, there's some small variations but you can pour over my Twitch archive if you really want

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Alright. I'm just above 12 minutes, figured I should get the route itself down before grinding. I'll cut the Ragny by the end of the week hopefully >: ).

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Good, destroy all foreigners

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
More people please get times for the last level. It's a very sorry looking leaderboard.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Dr. Stab posted:

More people please get times for the last level. It's a very sorry looking leaderboard.

Done. I posted a 26~ seconds one. Enough for 4th at the time of posting.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

gently caress that, do the real eSports mode.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Well, sure, if you're fine to leave 15 seconds on the table at the end of your esports run.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Kaubocks posted:

DeliciousBees could probably explain this better but I'll take a stab. An article went out sometime last year about where the name "No Goblin" came from. It came from a colleague of theirs referring to very, very common video game tropes as "goblins". When someone would try to run an idea past him like a cover-based shooter or a retro-styled side-scrolling platformer, he would reply "No. No goblins." They took this as their company name because they want to try to make games that are different and driven by fresh ideas.

Of course, people took this the wrong way. Instead of interpreting it as "There's already a ton of great games coming out with these tried-and-true mechanics so we want to try new things so we don't get lost in the crowd," like a rational person, they took it as an attack on popular games-- probably imagining him saying "Man, those games suck. My game ideas are way better. gently caress, I'm gonna make my company name an insult about how lovely those mainstream games are. That'll show 'em."

Long story short, Dan Teasdale is a pretentious rear end in a top hat and you shouldn't support his company.

Apparently, the article in question was on the PA Report (and hence been nuked from the internet) and made the whole "this is an insult to popular games and Dan Teasdale is a pretentious rear end in a top hat" argument. Reason #453,287 why Ben Kuchera shouldn't have a job in the games press.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Is there any particular reason this game costs about 25% more in Europe vs. the US? €20 is quite a bit more than $20 :/

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Instant Grat posted:

Is there any particular reason this game costs about 25% more in Europe vs. the US? €20 is quite a bit more than $20 :/

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
As part of the Octo-Jam, I made a de-make of Roundabout for Chip-8. Now you can play the game set in 1977 on computers from 1977.

Controls with WASD.

DeliciousBees
Jul 15, 2001

Instant Grat posted:

When we set a price on Steam, we set it in USD and then Valve handles converting it into the dozens of currencies they support. Sometimes it means it's cheaper in some regions (Russia), sometimes - like in your case - it's more.

How does the Humble Store pricing look for Europe?

Dr. Stab posted:

As part of the Octo-Jam, I made a de-make of Roundabout for Chip-8. Now you can play the game set in 1977 on computers from 1977.

Controls with WASD.

This is amazing. I'll get this in the queue for the tumblr/twitter updates because it's super rad!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Dr. Stab posted:

Controls with WASD.

No E-Sports mode? :colbert:

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Galaga Galaxian posted:

No E-Sports mode? :colbert:

There's only one mode, and that's e-sports mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Dr. Stab posted:

There's only one mode, and that's e-sports mode.

It has no timer!

• Locked thread