Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
croc suit
Nov 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
smoking is very good and cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Is there like, a Bayonetta 1 cheat sheet for each stage? Like, one that lists everything relevant in each stage without me having to read a god drat essay on it

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

https://twitter.com/platinumgames/status/533432739874095104

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If it was for Kamiya, shouldn't they have picked Jeanne?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kamiya's actually like one of the few people on the staff who preferred Bayonetta.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

Kamiya's actually like one of the few people on the staff who preferred Bayonetta.

Huh. Could've sworn I read somewhere that he said Jeanne was his favorite.

But if he actually likes Bayonetta more then he has good taste. Not that Jeanne is bad at all, they're both rad as hell and second only to Enzo from the first game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

chumbler posted:

But if he actually likes Bayonetta more then he has good taste.

:yikes:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

that's wrong, he's stated that jeanne is his favorite many times

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
oh wait I'm mistaking Bayonetta being Shimazaki's favorite character and Kamiya just says Bayo is his "Ideal woman"

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So, finally got around to playing and beating this. While I managed to only die a few times (on 2nd Climax So many silvers) I did spend a hell of a lot of time ALMOST dead, where my ability to dodge seemed inversely proportional to how much failing to dodge would kill me.

I dunno how much is "Game is actually easier on normal than the first one" or just muscle memory combined with starting with QOL upgrades like air dodge already unlocked.

Is there any particular trick to using the big hammer effectively? I really love the thing but it's just so slow that the fact I am the worst ever at properly dodge offsetting my combos means I just don't get a lot of mileage out of it.

EDIT: I have horrible depth perception in the flying combats, all the flying combats. Come on just let me chainsaw this thing to death on the ground please I suck less there.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Nov 15, 2014

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Beef Waifu posted:

oh wait I'm mistaking Bayonetta being Shimazaki's favorite character and Kamiya just says Bayo is his "Ideal woman"

Bayonetta is insanely cool

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
are there any good collectibles guides? the only one on gamefaqs is written like this

quote:

What be ups mah piggs in tha mud! I'm back behbeh. That's right. You
thought I was gone for good did you? You thought it wuz but it wuzn't,
now disappear!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
looks like you found a good guide

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1d3VxjzHtI

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

0__o that looks hard as heck

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Swelter Discharge posted:

0__o that looks hard as heck

it was

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
That was pretty legit until you started cheating. I hope that Rodin becomes all but impossible to put in witchtime after he DTs, 'cause otherwise that last half is weak.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Cthulhuchan posted:

That was pretty legit until you started cheating. I hope that Rodin becomes all but impossible to put in witchtime after he DTs, 'cause otherwise that last half is weak.

So like, are there actual HAX involved here? Or are you commenting on the accessories he unlocked and equipped on his way to 99999999999999whatever halos?

EDIT: vvv Sounds about right. As a filthy 'I beat second climax with mostly silvers' who can barely continue a dodge offset combo sort, I think you did more than fine. Which outfit specifically unlocks that sword by the way? I looked around but it only mentioned the katana from the first game (which picks up the mastersword look) is tied to an outfit after you beat 2nd climax. Guess I just need to buy ALL OF THE PRETTY DRESSES, which is proper.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 17, 2014

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Section Z posted:

So like, are there actual HAX involved here? Or are you commenting on the accessories he unlocked and equipped on his way to 99999999999999whatever halos?

he's wahing about the bracelet of time, an in-the-video-gane accessory item that the game does not deem powerful enough to punish you for using, unlike things such as the climax braces and immortal marionette. i don't feel like crafting a response specially for him so instead i will put this excerpt from an explanation of what i did in the video here. feel free to sprinkle in choice phrases such as "you big noob", "idiot fucker" and "homestuck avatar" as you see fit

quote:

i used bracelet of time because rodins second form literally never flinches so he can just do whatever the hell he wants. bracelet gives you actual opportunities to hit him without getting hosed on (and if you arent dodging/timing bracelet use correctly he will still gently caress on you, like when i got grazed by that uppercut at 2:58). it also makes the slowmo last for a longer more predictable time so you dont have to worry about certain dodges only giving you like a second to hit him. rosary was for extra damage during good dodges, it's easy to eat up all your magic and not kill him without it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rodin's a complete piece of poo poo in his second form. He has no tell for his uppercut so unless you are dodging constantly you WILL get hit with it then lose a fourth of your health as Bayo and almost all of it as Rosa. He throws out multiple wicked weave fists to hit you and it's easy while dodging even one to get hit by another and so on. About the only thing Rodin's not a piece of poo poo about in DT is his Raging Demon and that has a million years of warning so it's pretty much your own fault if you get hit by it.

Thankfully it's not Bayo 1 where he is the bastard to end all bastards, but he becomes unfair in DT and playing dirty back against him is fair play.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Section Z posted:

Which outfit specifically unlocks that sword by the way? I looked around but it only mentioned the katana from the first game (which picks up the mastersword look) is tied to an outfit after you beat 2nd climax. Guess I just need to buy ALL OF THE PRETTY DRESSES, which is proper.

yeah it's the link outfit (game calls it something like hero of hyrule). gives you the katana when you buy it and if you use the katana wearing the outfit it turns into the master sword. me using that combination just sorta happened, i like the katana and the link outfit has the moon of mahaa kalaa (parry) built in without using an accessory slot so it's kinda The One To Wear, imo.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
rodin's animations are so sick

why can't i shoot fist bullets at things platinum why

also bracelet of time is whatever. you still need to be good enough to not get hosed up at every opportunity even with it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

rodin's animations are so sick

why can't i shoot fist bullets at things platinum why

also bracelet of time is whatever. you still need to be good enough to not get hosed up at every opportunity even with it

Yeah, even with the Bracelet of Time you can still get hit by him and you need to build the magic for it, so yeah.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I haven't played with it in 2 but I think it's pretty broken in bayo 1. Witch time on demand is powerful.

I do think the link costume is bullshit though. 3 accessories is actually broken.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

absolutely anything posted:

yeah it's the link outfit (game calls it something like hero of hyrule). gives you the katana when you buy it and if you use the katana wearing the outfit it turns into the master sword. me using that combination just sorta happened, i like the katana and the link outfit has the moon of mahaa kalaa (parry) built in without using an accessory slot so it's kinda The One To Wear, imo.

I didn't buy Zelda's outfit but I have shuraba and Scarborough Fair unlocked. I think buying the Bayo 1 outfit is what unlocked them.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

bayo 1 outfit does unlock them and shuraba still has the hold lockon button attack

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

oh, i bought a bunch at once I just figured it was the link outfit that did it

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

that was loving awesome dude

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Its quite possible that buying Zelda's tunic unlocks the sword as well, the description specifically mentions that it comes with the Master Sword.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

notZaar posted:

Its quite possible that buying Zelda's tunic unlocks the sword as well, the description specifically mentions that it comes with the Master Sword.

Brother is busy playing Dragon Age right now, but I don't THINK so since I had the link outfit for a while but no Katana, and I still got a selection of outfits to buy/unlock, and don't recall it on my weapons wheel when poking at some stages once I beat Second climax unless I completely overlooked it. Link outfit does mention it changing that sword into the mastersword though.

Then again, I've also seen it mentioned that the outfit that unlocks the katana shows up after you beat the game on second climax. Not if that includes "Oh, also do those witch trials", or what outfit it is, etc.

I have next to nothing unlocked anyways as it is, I didn't even buy accesories. Though I do like how for probably the first time ever, I didn't feel like I had to go back and grind to make sure to pick up essentials/quality of life improvements/health and special bar increases just so I can loving get by like every DMC i've played and the previous Bayonetta merely playing on normal (Granted, popping in the Wii copy of the first one for a bit 'Oh I really do suck slightly less than before huh').

Bayo 1's got a fever, and the only cure is BOWSER'S FIST AND SILVER RANKINGS WHOO. (Yes I am loving terrible, so far as I fall between 'cant beat game' people and 'can actually dodge offset combo through infinity climax' people).

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 19, 2014

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Man if you don't have the parry accessory you're not playing the game right. I don't understand why that poo poo isn't built into the core mechanics.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

I feel like giving up on my run through Bayonetta 1 and skipping straight to Bayonetta 2 because this camera is infuriating.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dexters Secret posted:

I feel like giving up on my run through Bayonetta 1 and skipping straight to Bayonetta 2 because this camera is infuriating.

What about it is infuriating?

What ever it is Bayo 2 adds an option to zoom out the camera that I don't think is in 1. It makes a big difference.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

What about it is infuriating?

What ever it is Bayo 2 adds an option to zoom out the camera that I don't think is in 1. It makes a big difference.

enemies in normal difficulty dont give a poo poo if the camera is looking at them or not, unlike other platinum games, and the camera is rarely oriented in such a way that i have a clear view of every enemy

idg how i'm supposed to pure platinum this poo poo poo poo like this and it's triggering my autism greatly

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Learn the audio cues then. Enemies are less aggressive off screen but they're not totally passive.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

notZaar posted:

Man if you don't have the parry accessory you're not playing the game right. I don't understand why that poo poo isn't built into the core mechanics.

Because you don't need it, ever.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
The thing to remember with the Link costume is that its party is nerfed; it doesn't give witch time when you use it like the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa does, so its totally legit to use

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

bathroomrage posted:

The thing to remember with the Link costume is that its party is nerfed; it doesn't give witch time when you use it like the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa does, so its totally legit to use

Somebody pure platinum Rodin using no accessories, costumes, and only with the Normal Handguns equipped TIA.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

bathroomrage posted:

nah you can totally get witch time from link parries, i did it like a million times fighting rodin (just not in the video weirdly enough)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Section Z posted:

Somebody pure platinum Rodin using no accessories, costumes, and only with the Normal Handguns equipped TIA.

nah the gaze of despair should be allowed

• Locked thread