Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug
I'm sort of over the concept of football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

wasianchickn posted:

And they don't play each other so that race to the #1 draft pick will be fierce!

Oakland will waste the pick anyway.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Lovie had some lovely talent at times in Chicago but the team always played hard on defense and were disciplined. Bizarre watching a team of his play the way they did.

Also Hester sort of poo poo on Cutler after the game.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

This is the best yet.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

This is a pro click. The second Julio Jones TD is the best

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

wasianchickn posted:

And they don't play each other so that race to the #1 draft pick will be fierce!

Nah, heads-up never matters for draft position, just strength of schedule (worse = higher pick) and (if necessary) conference records.

I haven't looked at any numbers but my gut tells me Tampa will have the lower SOS just due to playing the NFC North, while Oakland will play the NFC West.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
The Falcons are going to be really overrated in the sports media after this game, just like they were somewhat overrated after Week 1 and somewhat underrated after Week 2. Their schedule is looking a bit easier than it did at the start of the season but I still see them ending up with 8-9 wins and just short of the playoffs.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

holy gently caress

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

LEGO Genetics posted:

somehow I feel as if bizzaro Bucs are going to show up this game
I am not a clever man.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Me and Rich Gannon are hi-fiving in my head right now just so you all know. And Al Davis is sitting on a cloud smiling at us like Mufasa.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Beaten like Tampa Bay.

Those new uniforms are awful though.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Sep 19, 2014

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Guess who just bought Bengals tickets to the Broncos game? This fucker right here.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Hahaha that's gotta be a kick in the balls.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Slate Action posted:

The Falcons are going to be really overrated in the sports media after this game, just like they were somewhat overrated after Week 1 and somewhat underrated after Week 2. Their schedule is looking a bit easier than it did at the start of the season but I still see them ending up with 8-9 wins and just short of the playoffs.

I say 10. Julio back is a Big Deal and the Falcons D doesn't seem as horrific as it was last year.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Slate Action posted:

They're a high volume passing offense with great receiving talent and I expect them to outscore their mediocre defense a lot

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Reminder that if you were to try to join the team that just got embarrassed on national television they wouldn't even laugh at you. The Arena football team that has one player who could could make a CFL team who has one player who could make that roster probably wouldn't even laugh at you.

Really puts poo poo into perspective.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Reminder that if you were to try to join the team that just got embarrassed on national television they wouldn't even laugh at you. The Arena football team that has one player who could could make a CFL team who has one player who could make that roster probably wouldn't even laugh at you.

Really puts poo poo into perspective.
Counterpoint: the NFL needs Chris de Sperg, 230lb lineman extraordinaire

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Hope the money was worth it, Vjax.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Niwrad posted:

Lovie had some lovely talent at times in Chicago but the team always played hard on defense and were disciplined. Bizarre watching a team of his play the way they did.

Also Hester sort of poo poo on Cutler after the game.

seriously, what the gently caress happened, was chicago right to ditch him? because to me it seemed like a terrible move at the time and now i don't know what to believe. it can't be entirely TB's talent defecit, or is it?

jesus christ bucs :psyduck:

Eifert Posting posted:

Guess who just bought Bengals tickets to the Broncos game? This fucker right here.

Please Beat Denver.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

wheez the roux posted:

seriously, what the gently caress happened, was chicago right to ditch him? because to me it seemed like a terrible move at the time and now i don't know what to believe. it can't be entirely TB's talent defecit, or is it?

jesus christ bucs :psyduck:

Please Beat Denver.

Well he put McCown in at QB which was a terrible decision, the ST is somehow tremendously bad instead of being amazing like it was in Chicago, and the defense has looked worse and worse every week. I don't even know anymore. The worst thing is he handpicked all of these coaches. HANDPICKED. Goddamn.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

I mean, i've gathered that their cupboard is bare as hell on D; I assume that's true for their ST too. atlanta is looking better every week and the hawks did the same thing (worse, even!) to the cards in 2012 and broncos of course, so it can happen even to good teams. writing him off entirely seems premature, until I remember he's personally choosing to continue starting mccown and I go back to my befuddlement. it's also that the D/ST problem looked like it went beyond lack of talent, they looked absolutely lost and were almost never in any sort of alignment to set them up for success. it looked like straight-up bad coaching

lovie-san, what happened...

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

wheez the roux posted:

I mean, i've gathered that their cupboard is bare as hell on D; I assume that's true for their ST too. atlanta is looking better every week and the hawks did the same thing (worse, even!) to the cards in 2012 and broncos of course, so it can happen even to good teams. writing him off entirely seems premature, until I remember he's personally choosing to continue starting mccown and I go back to my befuddlement. it's also that the D/ST problem looked like it went beyond lack of talent, they looked absolutely lost and were almost never in any sort of alignment to set them up for success. it looked like straight-up bad coaching

lovie-san, what happened...

Schiano has moved on to Phase Two.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Hope the money was worth it, Vjax.
Glennon targeted VJax on just about every throw last year so no one could be happier about a QB change than him right now

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

I'm so glad I stayed up until 4:30 in the morning to watch that awful embarrassing performance by my team. I don't know what to say that wasn't plainly obvious already to people watching that game. The Bucs suck, they SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK out loud. There's really too much blame to go around to name just one thing as the reason for that suckage but Lovie's "philosophy" is certainly top 3, also signing fringe starters (and Josh McCown) to big contracts and expecting them to make an immediate impact while at the same time purging the roster of the mediocre but serviceable players we had last year. Also Josh McCown. gently caress, the one silver lining is I don't have to watch this loving team for another 10 days now.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Glennon targeted VJax on just about every throw last year so no one could be happier about a QB change than him right now

Remember when he said Josh Freeman was a top 5 QB in the league the year after he left San Diego?

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

A Pale Horse posted:

I'm so glad I stayed up until 4:30 in the morning to watch that awful embarrassing performance by my team. I don't know what to say that wasn't plainly obvious already to people watching that game. The Bucs suck, they SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK out loud. There's really too much blame to go around to name just one thing as the reason for that suckage but Lovie's "philosophy" is certainly top 3, also signing fringe starters (and Josh McCown) to big contracts and expecting them to make an immediate impact while at the same time purging the roster of the mediocre but serviceable players we had last year. Also Josh McCown. gently caress, the one silver lining is I don't have to watch this loving team for another 10 days now.

if you or any other bucs fans (or raiders) want to feel better about your bad team and the rebuilding process, join me saturday night and watch oregon curb stomp wazzu in our third year of rebuilding under noted insane person mike leach. it'll be on ESPN they might literally crack 100, other incentive to watch is probable heisman winner and next year's top QB draft pick marcus mariota tearing us a six-pack of new assholes. maybe the bucs get lucky and draft him

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I'm pretty sure that as soon as they hired Lovie I started crowing that the Bucs would be dark horses for the South.:cripes:

Athanatos posted:

I said this in the GDT thread, but Hester happily crying because he broke the TD record and Mike Smith walking over and asking him "What's wrong?" was really weird.

This is wonderful. Hopefully he can get some recognition in the Hall for this.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Tampa Bay 13-3 begins now.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fun fact: Vontaze Burfict already has more tackles, sacks, INTs and FFs than Keith Rivers. He also has more tackles than Adam Jones (8 years), and Robert Gaethers (11 years). LOL.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Sep 19, 2014

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice
Just saw the score. I had no plans whatsoever of seeing this game but after seeing the score, I have to see this trainwreck. Please tell me I will not be disappointed.

I don't know why I thought Lovie was going to bring the Bucs to the playoffs

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It was an absolute disaster. Someone early in the GDT said it looked like Alabama in one of their d2 warmup games, and I laughed because it was a silly comparison. I ate my words. That's the perfect analogy.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It was 56-0 nothing at one point, and TB had like 5 turnovers in the first half or something crazy like that.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Brett Keisel is a defensive end who's been in the league for thirteen years. Burfict has been an UDFA linebacker since 2012. Keisel has 88 more tackles. I am in love.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Eifert Posting posted:

Brett Keisel is a defensive end who's been in the league for thirteen years. Burfict has been an UDFA linebacker since 2012. Keisel has 88 more tackles. I am in love.

The falsest equivalency. DE's never really rack up tackles. Burfict has 40 more career tackles than Rolando McClain.

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

Volkerball posted:

It was an absolute disaster. Someone early in the GDT said it looked like Alabama in one of their d2 warmup games, and I laughed because it was a silly comparison. I ate my words. That's the perfect analogy.

Sounds like a fun game to watch while loving off and not actually doing any work today!

Eifert Posting posted:

I remember I really wanted the Ravens to draft Burfict and now he's a drat Bengal. Lucky bastards.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's not like they didn't have 7 chances to take him. I'm glad Baltimore didn't draft him though. Burfict is an rear end in a top hat cheapshot artist. Still a really good player.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Can someone tell me exactly what the gently caress went on last night? they import 2 college teams and slap nfl uniforms on them?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

AkumaHokoru posted:

Can someone tell me exactly what the gently caress went on last night? they import 2 college teams and slap nfl uniforms on them?

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers played professional NFL football at a level that has to be seen to be believed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

College Slice

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's not like they didn't have 7 chances to take him. I'm glad Baltimore didn't draft him though. Burfict is an rear end in a top hat cheapshot artist. Still a really good player.

I'd rather have an awesome but cheapshotting rear end in a top hat instead of anyone the Ravens actually drafted that year except maybe KO or Pierce.

• Locked thread