Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I want to watch an anime with really great tournaments in it. Tournaments are the best for seeing lots of special attacks in a row.

Here are some great animes with cool tournaments that you can enjoy, and maybe you can help me watch some more tournaments too.

Dragon Ball- a lot of good adventuring before the tournaments, but it always comes back to a great tourny with classic fighting action

Yu Yu Hakusho- a whole arc called The Dark Tournament? sign me up!!

Ping Pong- Good tournaments and a lot of feels as well. A hero appears...

G Gundam- The most tournament oriented Gundam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Unfortunately that was last recommended to me by the recently deceased Twisty and is surely cursed

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Actually, idiot bitch, The Dark Tournament is tight and epi 51 is like the best episode so...

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Fat_Cow posted:

I hope you are watching YYH dubbed. Kuwabara makes it worth it.

I can never pick between The Fighting Headband of Love speech or just the line "A mulberry is a tree, but Kuwabara is a man!" with a backdrop of petals that are clearly not from a mulberry tree

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I wish they would make one more DBZ movie where they do the World Tournament and this time everyone just fights their matches and no one attacks and I just get to see the homies square off

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Kurama's fight against the Toguro Team Vampire Bomb Guy is sweet because the vampire keeps hitting on him and Kurama has to turn into his true furry pride self to finally be powerful enough to taste the embrace of another man

Karasu: You fear my touch... but perhaps you also wish to know it?
Kurama: I can't let him touch me... not until my transformation is complete

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
No, and I almost went to the Jojo thread to say that I thought there should be a tournament arc but actually everything Araki does is good and just

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
in Jojolion atm there are cool bugfighting battles... some of the best ive seen. Makes me wonder is there a bug fighting manga with real detailed information about real bugs and their fighting capabilities?

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
well Kuwabara means mulberry field...

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Budget Cop posted:

Hajime No Ippo has tons of tournaments and shirtless buff men.

Oive finished this one but especially recommend Ippo Vs the meat eating predator guy

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
It turned out for the best. Yusuke didnt really want to be king of demons, he just wanted to fight and make it illegal to eat people. Then Keiko gives him a kiss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I think its good that Yusuke and his pals dont have to battle forever

• Locked thread