Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I can't speak to what type of anime you enjoy for certain, so I'll just use the shotgun approach and rattle off the anime tournaments I know:

Naruto: Chuunin exam arc early on is based around a tournament for the finals, and there is a more open-field type of team-tournament leading up to that. It's also where the series starts to show off a more diverse array of special techniques.

Hunter X Hunter: Another one with early tournaments, with the initial exam using a tournament structure and a "tower of death" type tournament grounds not long after that.

Prince of Tennis: Multiple tournaments throughout the series. Tennis with over-the-top special attacks.

Baby Steps: Tennis anime grounded much more in reality than PoT. May not be up to proper tournaments yet, since the anime is relatively recent.

Eyeshield 21: American Football anime with matches almost exclusively taking place as part of a tournament. Recommended solely based on THE OPTION PASS being a secret technique.

I feel certain that I've seen good tournaments outside of shonen/sport animes, but they just aren't coming to mind right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread