Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brassherald
Feb 3, 2012

Wait, I'm the one who calls people buttheads!
I think I understand the plot now, blonde woman is clearly Michelle Pfeiffer. She's all upset because they retconned Catwoman to not be a white male which she can identify with, so she made this poisoned makeup for Halle Berry to wear to force them to cast her in the role so that average people can play this video game because they cannot connect with protagonists who are not white males.

This game is clearly a thing of beauty bringing up some of the issues of Gamingo Gait a whole decade early. I bet it got bad reviews because the gaming journalists slept with their Playstatsion 2s and their XBoxes so they couldn't give a good review to this revolutionary Gamecube game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Finally, what I came here to see: a good catfight.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This game is really doing a good job showing just how little plot the film had.

also no Benjamin Bratt it seems?

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Pretty sure that 'car horn' noise is the sound of a poor little kitty stuck in a vent :ohdear:

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster

Gaz-L posted:

She... does have one in the comics, though? Her mother killed herself, her dad was a drunk, so she ended up on the street, stealing to make ends meet, and depending on the version you're reading, eventually started turning tricks/working as a dominatrix or tried to and chickened out at the last minute, before doing the usual 'train under a mysterious mentor' bit and becoming the world's greatest burglar. The cat motif was a combo of her mum's love of them and well... hot dude dressed up like a bat in the evening papers, seemed like a good idea at the time.

(Yeah i know it's a late reply i'm doing) They changed her origin so her dad was Carmine Falcone but i don't what her origins in the Nu52 (Nu52 being poo poo i avoid it now)

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Catwoman's got this weird bugeye stare whenever she does the sexy pose. I think it's less she's using her sexiness to befuddle the men, and more some kind of Svengali-ish hypnotism to turn them stupid.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
We will be streaming either the penultimate or the ultimate Catwoman stream in about 3 hours. http://www.twitch.tv/mendrinkincoffee

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe

judge reinhold posted:

We will be streaming either the penultimate or the ultimate Catwoman stream in about 3 hours. http://www.twitch.tv/mendrinkincoffee

That's a big promise, do you have enough hype to backup that claim?

linall
Feb 1, 2007
Gonna be real sad when it turns out there isn't a one on one basketball mini-game.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
https://www.twitch.tv/mendrinkincoffee we are live!!!!!!

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Alas, all good things must come to an end, so let's take a look at the final chapters of Catwoman!

First off, Catwoman has a ticket to the opera, and wackiness is in the cards! But first, she must go down Sniper Alley in the scenic Derelict District. However, after checking Catwoman's coat at the front desk, the opera turns hairy. Can Catwoman find an usher to help her find her seat? Will the opera live up to all the hype of the local press? Watch and find out!

Afterward, it's the last hurrah. Catwoman must fight some sort of villain that maybe has more obvious motives in the movie. Her sexy rivalry with the sexy Detective Man comes to a pinnacle, a sexy pinnacle, as the sexy duo try to corner the sexy main villain. Can Catwoman put a stop to the villain's nefarious, vague plans? Will the girl... get the guy?!?! Watch and find out!

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
This gaaaaame :negative:

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
This game is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!! rear end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

judge reinhold posted:

This game is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!! rear end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dickbutt.
The stream endng was great.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
Judge's Catwoman voice sounds like the Catwoman from the 1970s animated Batman cartoon. I tried searching for an example but it is impossible to find a picture or video of Catwoman from that series.

The cartoon itself is a good way to give yourself a lobotomy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4pXUINCTYA

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Well I certainly feel dominated.

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster

Brutakas posted:

Judge's Catwoman voice sounds like the Catwoman from the 1970s animated Batman cartoon. I tried searching for an example but it is impossible to find a picture or video of Catwoman from that series.

The cartoon itself is a good way to give yourself a lobotomy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4pXUINCTYA

I don't agree with you there, that was refreshingly fun in it's in silliness compared to the Joker is now in the comics:
http://www.comicvine.com/death-of-the-family/4045-56853/

And that was still less worse than the New 52 Joker's Daughter (She's not actually related to him)
Seriously if you want a lobotomy google her comic.

Brassherald
Feb 3, 2012

I am convinced this game put the shooting section to hide some terrible programming or something. I always feel that way with lovely games that force some speed, though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I applauded when the man jumped into the fish.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

I saw Catwoman in front of the Hollywood Highland mall yesterday. I locked eyes with her and she looked excited in a manner I thought meant she was excited to get $5 for a photograph, but then I saw a dumpster nearby and got the gently caress out of there.

I rode the subway with The Heath Ledger Joker on the way home. Hollywood blvd kind of sucks. Free stress tests, though.

Brassherald
Feb 3, 2012

So, evil woman has no problem shooting the detective or her husband, but Catwoman? Can't shoot her! Have to toss the gun.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Brassherald posted:

So, evil woman has no problem shooting the detective or her husband, but Catwoman? Can't shoot her!

She knew catwoman would just dodge the bullet! Or get shot 7 times in the clavicle and then jump around in circles kicking boxes.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Brassherald posted:

So, evil woman has no problem shooting the detective or her husband, but Catwoman? Can't shoot her! Have to toss the gun.

She tosses the gun, which she was holding with her gloveless hand so it had her fingerprints on it, to Catwoman, who again was wearing gloves, thereby giving Catwoman the piece of evidence that would frame her. Thank God Catwoman threw the gun on the ground, otherwise the plan would make no sense instead of making half-sense.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Great LP/ terrible game, guys.

Honk.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'm watching the final episode right now and just cracking up. For real, this game had you guys firing on all cylinders.

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster

Roach Warehouse posted:

Great LP/ terrible game, guys.

Honk.

DocGator
May 6, 2007

So Judge, you guys did end up realizing that the "car honking" sound was just the sound of the cat trapped in the vents throughout the levels right?...guys?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
It's a terrible sound effect. A player would most likely eventually put two and two together and realize that it's related to Midnight being stuck in a vent again like an idiot, but why they went with the sound of an impatient person waiting to pickup you up in their car rather than, say, a regular old cat meow, I don't know.

Oh no, Catwoman!
her sexy posing shames me
thank God, a dumpster

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Was it really? I thought in the last level they found Midnight and still heard the honking.

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Contrary to popular belief, tic-tac-toe isn't purely a game of chance.
The villain's plan is the most incompetent, poorly thought through ever. Was this a Coen brothers movie?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Morholt posted:

The villain's plan is the most incompetent, poorly thought through ever. Was this a Coen brothers movie?
Almost. I think it's considered one of the worst movies of the 21st century.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
It's absolutely one of my favorite bad movies and I highly recommend it to anyone with an appreciation for awful cinema. So much of it is just baffling. Like the overuse of CGI for simple things you do not need CGI for like 'cityscape at night' or 'catwoman walking'. It's just a baffling film.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
I think you guys might be on to something. I went back, collected all the bling, and this cutscene played right before the boss fight! Wow! I never knew!

It's a car, not a cat. Maybe you wrote out "car", mistook the "r" for a "t" and then got confused? https://soundcloud.com/mendrinkincoffee/beep

judge reinhold fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Oct 17, 2014

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

judge reinhold posted:

I think you guys might be on to something. I went back, collected all the bling, and this cutscene played right before the boss fight! Wow! I never knew!

Catwoman does look great with a pompadour. I hope that's an unlockable costume.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Huzzah! posted:

Catwoman does look great with a pompadour. I hope that's an unlockable costume.

Pay-to-download DLC, actually.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Oh, you think the last fight of the Catwoman GAME was bad? Let's just see how that ending was played in the movie. It's a poor quality vid, and in Spanish, but hey - I'm putting in as much effort as the creators of this game did.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Wow, the game had better graphics than the movie.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
I really enjoyed when you discovered the camera controls after beating the game.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

FreeKillB posted:

I really enjoyed when you discovered the camera controls after beating the game.

My favorite moment of the LP. I love you guys, never stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
So did I miss it, or did they totally leave out the whole Sharon Stone having diamond skin thing? My mind kinda glazed over amongst all the honking and anger Judge was having at the amazing platforming job. Still it was amazing all around and I look forward to the next coffee LP.

• Locked thread