Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Well, the crazy lady (Jesus, I had no idea that was supposed to be Sharon Stone, great character model) said something about Beau-line having side effects before beating up the cop. Just what the side effects were, they didn't really say. Because she forced the guy to shoot himself, I sorta assumed it was something about strength enhancement, but clearly the game assumes we've seen the movie and doesn't really need to elaborate. Also, I really hate how they pronounce Beau-line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
If I recall the plot correctly from when I was like eight or something (when'd this movie come out) it makes you look way good for like a year and then rapidly ages you.

I don't know how or why.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Seagull posted:

If I recall the plot correctly from when I was like eight or something (when'd this movie come out) it makes you look way good for like a year and then rapidly ages you.

I don't know how or why.

I didn't know make-up making you look good was only a side effect.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I thought it was some kind of drug.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

It's an anti-aging cream that causes the user's skin to quickly deteriorate if they stop using it. On the up side, though, if you keep applying it for long enough, your skin becomes invulnerable. It's a give and take.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Wasn't experimental anti-aging skin cream what made Clayface, well, Clayface?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Neruz posted:

Wasn't experimental anti-aging skin cream what made Clayface, well, Clayface?

Depends on the version. If you're thinking of the DCAU, though, Matt Hagen turns super thanks to an experimental cream which allows him to rearrange his face and hide the disfiguring scars he got in a car accident. After a while, though, his face would melt when he didn't have the cream and so when he got cut off he broke into the factory, fell into a vat of the stuff, and then turned into Clayface.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Depends on the version. If you're thinking of the DCAU, though, Matt Hagen turns super thanks to an experimental cream which allows him to rearrange his face and hide the disfiguring scars he got in a car accident. After a while, though, his face would melt when he didn't have the cream and so when he got cut off he broke into the factory, fell into a vat of the stuff, and then turned into Clayface.

You really have to wonder how that product got past testing.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Neruz posted:

You really have to wonder how that product got past testing.

Experimental Neruz. He was the clinical trial. It never got past testing due to the melting face thing.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

BioEnchanted posted:

Experimental Neruz. He was the clinical trial. It never got past testing due to the melting face thing.

So they missed the whole 'turns you into a melty clay monster' during animal trials? I mean I expect it would work just as well on a cat and I wouldn't expect Gotham to have much in the way of regulation to stop animal testing...

Then again maybe the standards are so low they skip animal testing altogether and just go straight to humans, hmm never considered that.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Y'know... maybe that car horn WAS supposed to be an indicator that Midnight exists in the level. I'm listening to the ambient sound from the earlier missions before the Midnight Mechanic is introduced, and no horn honking. Maybe the person who did the foley had never seen or heard a cat before, so he had someone describe what a cat looked like and created the sound based off that description. Also, not to take anything away from the developers, but maybe having the cat honk every 8 seconds is a bit excessive.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

judge reinhold posted:

Y'know... maybe that car horn WAS supposed to be an indicator that Midnight exists in the level. I'm listening to the ambient sound from the earlier missions before the Midnight Mechanic is introduced, and no horn honking. Maybe the person who did the foley had never seen or heard a cat before, so he had someone describe what a cat looked like and created the sound based off that description. Also, not to take anything away from the developers, but maybe having the cat honk every 8 seconds is a bit excessive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS3jlUPPf5U

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
While cats are capable of making some very odd noises, I don't think they can honk.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Neruz posted:

While cats are capable of making some very odd noises, I don't think they can honk.

There's video evidence right there.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

It's an anti-aging cream that causes the user's skin to quickly deteriorate if they stop using it. On the up side, though, if you keep applying it for long enough, your skin becomes invulnerable. It's a give and take.

The weird thing is that the game seems to imply that it kills people... somehow. Which, granted, at least gives it more drama than the film, in which Catwoman was fighting against anti-aging cream making people ugly and/or giving them superpowers, but on the other hand, it's still stupid.

Maybe it was supposed to be killing people in the film but that never really came across. Then again it was a really, really stupid film, so who knows.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Well I'll be darned.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

judge reinhold posted:

only a monster would abandon a kitty judge.

Midnight has a killer hairball problem though and is really stupid so maybe it should die.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 18, 2014

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

muike posted:

There's video evidence right there.

I'm pretty sure that has been edited, I'm not willing to believe that anything short of a Lyrebird can accurately reproduce the sound of an air horn. I would need to witness that cat making that noise in person or have the testimonial from multiple trustworthy people who witnessed it themselves before I'd accept that was real.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Interesting that they had the rights to use Sharon Stone's likeness but not Benjamin Bratt? He was the detective guy in the film, and part of that infamous basketball scene (which sadly is missing from this awful game).

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
'Sadly' missing? I doubt merely adding the likeness of Benjamin Bratt would have had any impact on this game. In fact I think not having his likeness in this game was probably the correct decision.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I like how sometimes after you throw someone down a couple stories they give you a little cutscene to show that they're alright, because Catwoman is the good guy so she can't kill people. So pushing people off ledges is perfectly safe, guys. :downs:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Neruz posted:

'Sadly' missing? I doubt merely adding the likeness of Benjamin Bratt would have had any impact on this game. In fact I think not having his likeness in this game was probably the correct decision.
I was saying that the awful basketball scene was sadly not in this game.

In case you haven't seen it,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNlmRId2FVQ

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Good grief, did the editor get paid per cut?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

judge reinhold posted:

Good grief, did the editor get paid per cut?
It's so terrible it becomes amazing.

But yeah that's by far the worst editing I can think of in any major film release of late.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

FlamingLiberal posted:

This made me nauseous. Like, existentially. Just plain old awful. Just watching this one scene, I can confidently declare that Catwoman: A Movie? - The Game! is much better than the movie that spawned it.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Detective Thompson posted:

This made me nauseous. Like, existentially. Just plain old awful. Just watching this one scene, I can confidently declare that Catwoman: A Movie? - The Game! is much better than the movie that spawned it.

Brassherald
Feb 3, 2012

Wait, I'm the one who calls people buttheads!

FlamingLiberal posted:

So, in the movie, were they confused about the difference between Catwoman and the Joker? Like, she laughs a whole bunch like a maniac, then goes on to kill all the children in the scene because she has lost her mind, right?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Brassherald posted:

So, in the movie, were they confused about the difference between Catwoman and the Joker? Like, she laughs a whole bunch like a maniac, then goes on to kill all the children in the scene because she has lost her mind, right?
No that would have made it amazing, so it doesn't happen

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Well that certainly makes me appreciate this games fixed(?) camera.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

The movie was directed by Pitof. He only has one name. It's pitof. According to imdb his trademark is "Extensive use of CG environments".

The imdb trivia for the movie is pretty cool:

• A rough cut of the trailer was put online a few months before the film's release, and drew such heavy criticism that it was quickly pulled. It was soon replaced with a new trailer which didn't feature any dialogue.
  • After reading the screenplay, director Pitof and Jean Rabasse presented to the producers an alternative version of the story that was refused using the argument that it was too artistic.
  • The monologue delivered by Berry in the preview is taken from the movie The Crow (1994) with minor editing to fit the movie (e.g. "crow" to "cat").

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
Now I really have to watch the movie. Thanks a lot, jackasses.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
Please don't. They are only some good/stupid scenes and the rest is garbage. Especially Halle Berry.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
Even better, I thought I'd sit down and make a double-bill with Daredevil (which I am also yet to endure)...

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

bhlaab posted:

The monologue delivered by Berry in the preview is taken from the movie The Crow (1994) with minor editing to fit the movie (e.g. "crow" to "cat").

I would be over the moon if this was also true of the actual movie.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013

Nelson Mandela posted:

Even better, I thought I'd sit down and make a double-bill with Daredevil (which I am also yet to endure)...

Weirdly, despite Catwoman being absolutely the worst movie, it's easier to sit through than Daredevil because at least stuff is happening. Awful, painful to watch stuff, but you can entertain yourself through mockery. And alcohol.

I watched Daredevil about as long ago as I watched Catwoman and I could not tell you a single thing that happened in that film, except that the entire cast was apparently made of cardboard. Oh, and blind jokes. Tasteless, incomprehensible blind jokes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I would much rather rewatch Daredevil again than Catwoman. If nothing else, Colin Farrell as Bullseye is amazing.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Nelson Mandela posted:

Watch it for the scene where Catwoman propels herself in mid air via pelvic thrust.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Nelson Mandela posted:

Or, you know, don't watch horrible crap.

necroid
May 14, 2009

Great LP, looking forward to the next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

bhlaab posted:

I saw Catwoman in front of the Hollywood Highland mall yesterday. I locked eyes with her and she looked excited in a manner I thought meant she was excited to get $5 for a photograph, but then I saw a dumpster nearby and got the gently caress out of there.

I rode the subway with The Heath Ledger Joker on the way home. Hollywood blvd kind of sucks. Free stress tests, though.

Some poo poo went down with the Catwoman I saw

http://ktla.com/2014/10/22/caught-on-video-character-brawl-erupts-on-hollywood-blvd-chewbacca-freddy-krueger-try-to-break-it-up/

Catwoman was a sweetie pie I'm really sad that Mr Incredible did a suplex to her

• Locked thread