Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

You don't just push a bike with your legs. You push it with your whole body and soul!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

Green Intern posted:

You don't just push a bike with your legs. You push it with your whole body and soul!

but most importantly your ABS!!! and named pecks.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Also pedaling really hard helps.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

ManOfTheYear posted:

Why one of the guys is so ripped? Aren't they cyclists? Why would they need to be chiseled from marble?

Its a cartoon about bike racing and not a televised bike race

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
I don't know what y'all are talking about, competitive cyclists tend to be in pretty good shape.

And visible muscle definition is more about decreasing body fat than building muscle anyway.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Seriously, cyclists are generally pretty swole. Cycling is not just a leg workout. It helps that low body fat is common for cyclists (increases muscle definition).

I'm really happy this ridiculous show is back. Its great motivation to go ride my bike. However, I hate climbing.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
New episode! Oh no Midousuji :ohdear:. I really love his backstory though, as even an old cliche can work when you have a character as weird as him.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
No Yowamushi Pedal, I don't care how hard you try to win a Newberry Book Award this episode, I will not feel sorry for Midosuji when he loses.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Flashback on Midosuji? I mostly just skipped past those parts. The 4 minutes that didn't focus on that were nice.

Day 2 of the race is done!!!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

paragon1 posted:

No Yowamushi Pedal, I don't care how hard you try to win a Newberry Book Award this episode, I will not feel sorry for Midosuji when he loses.

How can you hate this face http://i.imgur.com/MGY7GIC.gif ?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Young Midosuji reminds me of Tomoko from Watamote. It's probably the bags under their eyes and how poor they are at socializing.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

I think what bothers me most about Midosuji is that I can't look at him without imagining his ~beautiful teeth~ shearing his tongue clean off.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
I wasn't a fan of how they animated Midosuji's backstory. It cut too much to his mom complementing his teeth. It was a cooler moment in the manga.

The chaser at the end was great as usual. I am... STRONG!

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Yeeeeeaaahhh, I'm with paragon1 here. They can try to pull on our heartstrings all they like, but Midosuji doesn't get absolved of being a gross rear end in a top hat because his mom died and some kids were mean to him one time. I keep going back to that one part of Guardians of the Galaxy where Drax goes "Oh, my wife and child :qq:" and Rocket goes "Shut up, everyone has dead people." So sorry, I guess.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I was moved...

The other two aces seemed to really respect him, that's enough.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Midosouji is determined to win the interhigh and has tactically utilized his athletically second rate team to meet this goal and I respect him.

Who REALLY believes their mom died in the middle of a road race?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Midosuji did nothing wrong.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
I go to a school where the campus is 55km away from my house. In the spirit of Yowapeda I've decided to bike there and back tomorrow.

Hime hime~

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
You have to ride a mommy bike.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Devil Tesla posted:

:agreed:

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012

paragon1 posted:

I will not feel sorry for Midosuji when he loses.

What about, that cracked tooth though? Ouch! :(

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

You have to ride a mommy bike.

I actually am! It has a basket on front and everything. It's balls out or nothing and I'm gonna do this right.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Good luck, I'd like to give you a spirited slap on your back

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

zerosix posted:

What about, that cracked tooth though? Ouch! :(

That I do sympathize with. Nobody deserves that, especially not someone with such great teeth!

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

The Devil Tesla posted:

Assholes rarely do anything wrong; they merely fit their obnoxiousness, meanness and cruelty into what is legal, even acceptable, by society. That's what makes them assholes; it's like one long game of Not Touching You.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
At the very least, it makes sense. Midosuji internalized the loss of his mother and morphed the into a desire to win at any cost in order to make his now deceased mother proud of him since no one else supported him.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I can't remember a bad thing Midosouji did except talk poo poo during sports and try his hardest to win.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013

ManOfTheYear posted:

I go to a school where the campus is 55km away from my house. In the spirit of Yowapeda I've decided to bike there and back tomorrow.

Hime hime~

I did this and it sure was something.

I was also way too accurate about it, I did ride a mommy bike and I realized my saddle was too low. Going up even the tiniest hill like that is hell of a lot of work. The fact that Onoda supposedly does it with such an ease it starting to feel a tad unrealistic.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I can't remember a bad thing Midosouji did except talk poo poo during sports and try his hardest to win.

IIRC the worst thing he did was telling Imaizumi that his mom was hurt? Dick move but not the end of the world.

It's funny to see people out there act like he has done an unforgivable crime, as this ANN review shows...

quote:

Midousuji is so ruthless, so completely out of line, that no backstory could possibly excuse him, but that is exactly what the latest episode, “Akira,” attempts to do, by giving us a glimpse into Midousuji's vulnerable childhood. Honestly, I felt only schadenfreude as I watched the other kids bully Midousuji. It's hard to feel bad for somebody who grew up to become a much bigger bully himself.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think crossing out someone's dream and writing "to be a poop" is worse than anything Midousuji did, even though one is more adorable.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

He didn't really do anything that bad, he's just an obnoxious, unlikeable shithead.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Please don't collapse on the way to the pharmacy, Onoda :ohdear:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Knowing the logic of this show, everyone's gonna be ok with it too.

One of our athletes needs supplies from the pharmacy? Sure, why don't we let one of our other racers bike out and fetch them for us? It's not like he needs to recuperate and prepare for tomorrow's final stage. He's probably not massively exhausted and super vulnerable to injury right now. Aftercare? Physical therapy? Rest? He's fine! Look at him limping around!

We only have a team of knowledgable support people- including at least two adults with access to a van- whose job it is to do exactly that.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

God, guys, he's just having a nice cool-off ride. Surely the power of anime will protect him.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Yeah, he'll probably just end up having another impossibly gay moment with Manami or something.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
All of the bicycle boys have sex with each other on this show.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
By the conventions of this show, Both heaven and earth will shift so to handicap Onada for every race to lest his true road racing power be unleashed and destroy any and all illusion competitive balance.

My money is he gets lost and has to start from the opposite side of the lake or some such nonesence

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
It's actually pretty hosed up that Kinjou's team had to overcome insane odds to get back into the race and then his rival was like... "You fought a good fight..." that guy is actually a prick imo. He is actually way worse than Midosouji for pulling Kinjou of his bike... Midosouji doesn't cheat...

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

It's actually pretty hosed up that Kinjou's team had to overcome insane odds to get back into the race and then his rival was like... "You fought a good fight..." that guy is actually a prick imo. He is actually way worse than Midosouji for pulling Kinjou of his bike... Midosouji doesn't cheat...

I felt that way too, it's such a Japanese thing.

He did offer to throw the race for him earlier though, so he really can't complain about losing, but what a selfish dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

This episode's extra was all I could ever want from yowapeda.

• Locked thread