Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I seem to have broken the tables, though in the face of my great Yowamushi Posting I have no shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
MANGA SPOILERS

I knew, logically, that he would do it. But still... when he reach the goal... i get chill

Big Anime Fan Here fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 14, 2015

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Oh man now I really want to skip ahead of the anime and read the manga.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
MANGA SPOILERS

RIP brave hero

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
MANGA SPOILERS

AHAHAHAHAHHAHA At the end Onoda takes them all anime shopping and it makes everyone very uncomfortable

genki
Nov 12, 2003
Can we clearly mark manga spoilers? I'm actually not sure if there are any, but if there are, please mark them! I'd rather not be spoiled... :v:

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I put them under spoiler text, so you can assume they are spoilers pal.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Generally in anime threads when you talk about the manga you put an extra mark before them like this

Manga spoilers: Naruko kisses Onoda

Because people use the spoiler tags both for things from the latest episodes and for manga stuff and people who are just watching the anime don't want to see manga stuff necessarily. Otherwise carry on, thank u for the Yowaposting.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Ok Ping Pong Guy my friend I'm going to do that

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
tyvm

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

Was I the only one that was disappoint that after he scared off the girls and looked at this figure he didn't shout I AM STRONG!

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

NARUKO NOOOOO :cry:

Sooo we gonna finish the interhigh this season?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm pretty sure it will, yes.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
RIP Naruko, road so hard he fried his brain.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

The Devil Tesla posted:

RIP Naruko, road so hard he fried his brain.

road so hard he went blind

is Imaizumi gonna die?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom posted:

I'm waiting for the episode which shows every character's perspective on covering the ten feet before the last 5 feet before the finish line.

When I made this post, I thought i was exagerating for a joke. Then this show has one episode which ends with them 20 km away from the goal, and the next episodes ends with them still 20 km away from the goal.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Tunnel vision from o2 deprivation is such a common thing too.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Episode Recap: Ishigaki reveals what fuels him (it's Stockholm syndrome) and Midousuji gets up close and personal with Manami's special kind of autism. Also Midousuji may/may not have shorn his pubes in sacrifice upon the altar of burning spirit.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012

Find me a statue of Unit-2 doing the same pose and I'm sold.

dranxis
Jul 12, 2013

Delicious tears of disappointment
But wait, there's more!

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Me after watching this episode.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Manami is just so into this poo poo. It's great.

It's cool to see Imaizumi finally owning the gently caress out of everyone.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Onoda Status : Threat

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
Put on my gravestone that I died of Midousuji eating powerbars.

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
ETA: whoops

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
It's bad how the manga isn't getting translated right now and I don't get to see Midosouji's special insect biking attack yet

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

In this week's episode: a lot of amazing yelling and also "IT'S TIME TO SHOW YOU MY TRUE FORM"

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
New episode! Rip Midousuji, ride so hard became slenderman. Also Onoda's mom owns, cool mom.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
WHen are they going to translate the manga again

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Everything about this show is great and continues to be great

i'll miss the interhigh when it's finally done in like two months

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

WHen are they going to translate the manga again

The current translator doesn't have a fixed schedule and releases several chapters at once so no one can know for sure.

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

The Devil Tesla posted:

New episode! Rip Midousuji, ride so hard became slenderman. Also Onoda's mom owns, cool mom.

This was a really good episode. I'm so glad to see that Midousuji is out of the race. gently caress that guy. Onoda's mom annoys me though. How can you be so ignorant of what your kid does? Listen to the little poo poo when he's telling you what he's into.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Valsu posted:

This was a really good episode. I'm so glad to see that Midousuji is out of the race. gently caress that guy. Onoda's mom annoys me though. How can you be so ignorant of what your kid does? Listen to the little poo poo when he's telling you what he's into.

Seriously, that convo between Class Rep and Onoda's mom piled on the "Japan's institutionalized misogyny problem" pretty hard. Just like how Kanzaki is OBSESSED WITH BIKES and KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM and has a rich family tradition of cycling sports and owns a bike shop and yet we've never seen her so much as TOUCH a bike. Her sole purpose on the team is swoon breathlessly at all of the manful shounen spirit and explain cycling to 'token bitchface friendTM'.

I get that it's as much of a trope as Onoda's constant, nonsensical embarrassment and lack of understanding- even after the entirety of the show so far- but it still grates me.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Valsu posted:

Onoda's mom annoys me though. How can you be so ignorant of what your kid does? Listen to the little poo poo when he's telling you what he's into.

They're very obviously building up a moment where Onoda rides past and Onoda mom is like WOAH and that's going to be awesome. Also, not everyone parents the same way, you can still care about your kid and not know where they are 24/7.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Seriously, that convo between Class Rep and Onoda's mom piled on the "Japan's institutionalized misogyny problem" pretty hard. Just like how Kanzaki is OBSESSED WITH BIKES and KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM and has a rich family tradition of cycling sports and owns a bike shop and yet we've never seen her so much as TOUCH a bike. Her sole purpose on the team is swoon breathlessly at all of the manful shounen spirit and explain cycling to 'token bitchface friendTM'.

I get that it's as much of a trope as Onoda's constant, nonsensical embarrassment and lack of understanding- even after the entirety of the show so far- but it still grates me.

I love how you make this big long feminist media criticism 101 post about Yowamushi Pedal and somehow neglect to mention that every episode ends with teenage rear end in your face.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

The Devil Tesla posted:

big long feminist media criticism 101 post

Shut up, dude.

I just said that it was annoying me and that the Ms. Onoda/Class Rep talk was, like, extra annoying even for the genre.

I guess the Kanzaki thing does veer into "you're really talking about this now?" territory but I figured that the post-credits little girl fanservice went without saying. Whatever, :japan: I guess.

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

The Devil Tesla posted:

They're very obviously building up a moment where Onoda rides past and Onoda mom is like WOAH and that's going to be awesome. Also, not everyone parents the same way, you can still care about your kid and not know where they are 24/7.

Yea, I understand what they're trying to build up to. I feel like that is laid on pretty thick. That scene will be cool when it comes around in the next few episodes. As for your second point, I agree. It's unreasonable for a parent to know where their kid is 24/7, but the kid has been gone for three days. I'm not a parent, but I'd like to think that I'd notice if a kid that was otherwise around was suddenly not.

In my first post, I was referring more to the fact that Onoda's mom doesn't seem to know that he races bicycles. Maybe he still rides his mommy bike to and from school or something, but I'd think that the racing conversation with his parent(s) would've been had at some point by now.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Valsu posted:

Yea, I understand what they're trying to build up to. I feel like that is laid on pretty thick. That scene will be cool when it comes around in the next few episodes. As for your second point, I agree. It's unreasonable for a parent to know where their kid is 24/7, but the kid has been gone for three days. I'm not a parent, but I'd like to think that I'd notice if a kid that was otherwise around was suddenly not.

In my first post, I was referring more to the fact that Onoda's mom doesn't seem to know that he races bicycles. Maybe he still rides his mommy bike to and from school or something, but I'd think that the racing conversation with his parent(s) would've been had at some point by now.

They did have that conversation, his mom thought he was talking in metaphors or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Electric Bugaloo posted:

The funny thing is how women are such a large portion of the audience when it comes to these "boys competing earnestly against each other" shonen sports manga in spite of that

I wonder if there's a male counterpart of the "mostly superfluous vaguely romantic highly expository" girl in shoujo sports manga?

• Locked thread