Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

ManOfTheYear posted:

Why one of the guys is so ripped? Aren't they cyclists? Why would they need to be chiseled from marble?

Its a cartoon about bike racing and not a televised bike race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Midosouji is determined to win the interhigh and has tactically utilized his athletically second rate team to meet this goal and I respect him.

Who REALLY believes their mom died in the middle of a road race?

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
You have to ride a mommy bike.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Good luck, I'd like to give you a spirited slap on your back

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I can't remember a bad thing Midosouji did except talk poo poo during sports and try his hardest to win.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
All of the bicycle boys have sex with each other on this show.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
It's actually pretty hosed up that Kinjou's team had to overcome insane odds to get back into the race and then his rival was like... "You fought a good fight..." that guy is actually a prick imo. He is actually way worse than Midosouji for pulling Kinjou of his bike... Midosouji doesn't cheat...

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Midosouji is a hero to me.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
People have speculated that it is actually a reference to the EVA Unit O2. The robot model is red and EVA spoiler The EVA contains the soul of its pilots dead mom

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I liked to interpret the scene as Onoda complimenting Midosouji by comparing him to a Gundam and Midosouji realizing that he's a hosed up guy and more akin to EVA

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Also also, if Onoda doesn't get the whole pack Hime'ing along with him in a push for the front, I'm gonna be sad. Although if they just have him make Arakita sing that'd be cool too.

Onoda is in the fight of his life

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Gnossiennes posted:

Also, glad more cyclists are keeping the tradition of ditching girls for bikes. BURNING SHOUNEN SPIRIT ONLY ZONE

They're gay. All the boys in the bike club are gay and have sex with each other. Not trying to troll, because I love the bike boys manga, but they are homos for each other and for bikes as well.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I could probably give you a pretty detailed rundown of who has sex with who in and between the various bike clubs and how.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

paragon1 posted:

Yeah well gently caress you too buddy. Good story telling can tell us more about Arakita as a character without giving us his life story(that we've already heard). The five minutes spent out of flashback were better than the 15 minutes spent in flashback, and the episode would have been better overall if it hadn't happened.

You're wrong.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Mods?

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Here's a real question: how can you be more interested in the race itself which only serves as a framing device with which to tell the stories of the characters?

Here is what happens in the interhigh race: The character's who have gotten the most screentime in the anime continue to get the most screentime and compete against each other, in a close race, to the finish, and the winner is just whoever the mangaka decided will win this round. The only excitement in the race itself is determining whether Onoda and his friends will win THIS ACTUAL RACE or if it's just a buildup for them to win a different race later. It's much less interesting than almost everything else that's going on

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
The captain of Hakkone could ride even faster than the prized scooter which was the symbol of his freedom

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
my friend is working for a clothing company and trying to roll out a line of shirts with the fake anime brands like Bepsi and WcDonald's

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Have any more issues of the manga been translated? I haven't been keeping up. Is it on a fairly regular release schedule?

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Sick, thank you

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Try and tell me he doesn't look JUST like an EVA unit here

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
lmao and then right after that he chomps on a powerbar like when 01 goes berserk and eats the other Eva

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
OMG a whole new volume of translations just came out today

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I love that when Onoda's mom finally got stoked for him he started illustrating her in a non superdeformed style

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

In the wake of the first Akira disaster, a bunch of beautiful gay boys raced bikes

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I seem to have broken the tables, though in the face of my great Yowamushi Posting I have no shame

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
MANGA SPOILERS

I knew, logically, that he would do it. But still... when he reach the goal... i get chill

Big Anime Fan Here fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 14, 2015

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
MANGA SPOILERS

RIP brave hero

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
MANGA SPOILERS

AHAHAHAHAHHAHA At the end Onoda takes them all anime shopping and it makes everyone very uncomfortable

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I put them under spoiler text, so you can assume they are spoilers pal.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Ok Ping Pong Guy my friend I'm going to do that

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
It's bad how the manga isn't getting translated right now and I don't get to see Midosouji's special insect biking attack yet

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
WHen are they going to translate the manga again

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Valsu posted:

This was a really good episode. I'm so glad to see that Midousuji is out of the race. gently caress that guy. Onoda's mom annoys me though. How can you be so ignorant of what your kid does? Listen to the little poo poo when he's telling you what he's into.

Midousuji is the man. He truly deserved to win.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

OnimaruXLR posted:

I wonder if there's a male counterpart of the "mostly superfluous vaguely romantic highly expository" girl in shoujo sports manga?

Yeah that guy is called Speedwagon and he's in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Different characters turn into the expository dialogue man based on the power level of the guys around them. In Stardust Crusaders, they take turns being the expository dialogue man except for Jotaro, who is strong and silent.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Electric Bugaloo posted:

That's actually what I was thinking too. They certainly get the "vaguely romantic" part down.

The least homoerotic Jojo's arcs are the 6th one in the women's prison and the 8th one where the main character looks like a caricature of a gay man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Electric Bugaloo posted:

No lie, I would unironically love to live in a world where any of the Jojo fashions were the norm. Especially Vento Aureo. The worst thing that the Club Kid scene did was die.[/spoiler]

Well, you can buy Araki's Gucci clothing line for several thousand dollars or something

• Locked thread