Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Mr. Pierre kinda freaks me right the hell out for some reason. Does anyone else react that way or is it just me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Imaizumi is gettin' tough. :black101:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
No Yowamushi Pedal, I don't care how hard you try to win a Newberry Book Award this episode, I will not feel sorry for Midosuji when he loses.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

zerosix posted:

What about, that cracked tooth though? Ouch! :(

That I do sympathize with. Nobody deserves that, especially not someone with such great teeth!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Onoda is terrifying.

Good episode. Whoever designed these characters knows how to draw some hosed up looking dudes.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah it's a Gundam reference.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Haha Hiroshima team is an even bigger bunch of weirdos than I thought.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Why back when I took shop class we had to share the one rusty lathe between the ten of us!

And we liked it! *slaps table* We loved it!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
That sinking feeling when you realize most of the episode is going to be someone's backstory flashback.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
:qq: BUT I AM INTERESTED IN WHAT IS GOING ON NOW:qq:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah well gently caress you too buddy. Good story telling can tell us more about Arakita as a character without giving us his life story(that we've already heard). The five minutes spent out of flashback were better than the 15 minutes spent in flashback, and the episode would have been better overall if it hadn't happened.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

I'm right.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Because the race is a more interesting way to reveal stuff about Arakita's character than learning literally nothing about him because we already knew he was a disaffected loser who joined the team at ol' Stoneface's insistence, and that they became loyal friends and biking made him a better person.

We knew all of that. I am also not a fan of flashbacks as a story device at all. If this was our first time learning about the guy in this way I wouldn't complain. But we have, so I am.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I like Arakita because he was the first anime i've ever seen who got mad at getting poke instead of bepsi.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I have a feeling this consequences of this strategy will come back to haunt Hakone!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Oh man that post-credits bit :roflolmao:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Oh man now I really want to skip ahead of the anime and read the manga.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm pretty sure it will, yes.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Manami is just so into this poo poo. It's great.

It's cool to see Imaizumi finally owning the gently caress out of everyone.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

boom boom boom posted:

Dude what the gently caress are you talking about? The characters in question are Miki Kanzaki and the girl with pig tails. Y'know, the ones who only show up to explain what's going on, marvel at how cool the main characters are, and imply that the main characters aren't gay. You can do that in a show about girl's sports. If you swapped the genders of all the characters in Yowamushi Pedal, it wouldn't suddenly turn into a harem manga centered around guy-miki.

It probably would actually. Patriarchy yo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Midousuji is just gross all the time. It's his natural state. It's amazing. :allears:

• Locked thread