Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Chihayafuru and Ping Pong are both pro recommendations for great sports anime.

For something more in the vein of Yowamushi Pedal I highly recommend Hajime no Ippo. There are a lot of parallels between the two shows despite focusing on separate sports!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Devil Tesla posted:

Midosuji did nothing wrong.

:agreed:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

I can't remember a bad thing Midosouji did except talk poo poo during sports and try his hardest to win.

IIRC the worst thing he did was telling Imaizumi that his mom was hurt? Dick move but not the end of the world.

It's funny to see people out there act like he has done an unforgivable crime, as this ANN review shows...

quote:

Midousuji is so ruthless, so completely out of line, that no backstory could possibly excuse him, but that is exactly what the latest episode, “Akira,” attempts to do, by giving us a glimpse into Midousuji's vulnerable childhood. Honestly, I felt only schadenfreude as I watched the other kids bully Midousuji. It's hard to feel bad for somebody who grew up to become a much bigger bully himself.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Try and tell me he doesn't look JUST like an EVA unit here

Holy poo poo.

• Locked thread