Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
About time.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
Bah get hosed Mark Milligan

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MiniSune posted:

About time.

A FOOTBALL MATCH HAS BROKEN OUT

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Cirio you star

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

gently caress

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
YAY GET hosed EVERYONR ELSE YEEEAAAAAA

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Imagine how good this game would have been if wed started with our good players and intent instead the 85 minutes of grab arse and fall down we did instead

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Oh i loving love Wiz Khalfallah but the brox should never have been dropped. Bad omen that is

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

Oh i loving love Wiz Khalfallah but the brox should never have been dropped. Bad omen that is

This. Bad juju to drop the Entertainer®

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Oh god please tell me someone lip read whatever was said in that pationate embrace

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

*Jason culina voice* both teams will have wanted to win that, but in the end neither could

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Was expecting a nil all draw after 80 minutes. At least we got some goals.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Khalfallah looks like he's much better on the right, same with Georgievski. We have literally one naturally left sided player

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Was expecting a nil all draw after 80 minutes. At least we got some goals.

Agreed :agreed:

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Mark is so grumpy, you be nice to Lucy.

Own your slip you bastard!

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Ahahaha Please please someone gif Gombau running on the pitch - he runs like how I imagine an egg would run.

Humpty dumptyesque

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Wellington. :unsmith:

First goal is one for the blooper reel though.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

West is just Geography, Sydney is a state of mind.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Robo Captain posted:

Wellington. :unsmith:

First goal is one for the blooper reel though.

3 games in 7 days and squad rotation meant welly were specials at $5

Deserved win, but boy Ben Williams and co need to be drug tested. There were a few howlers there again tonight.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Stadium is filling up nicely, decent turnout at the Allianz

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
I quite like Janjetovic but you know sometimes it's hard to remember why, what the gently caress was that

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
That's another one for the blooper reel I guess.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

The blooper reel grows ever longer

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Arquebus posted:

I quite like Janjetovic but you know sometimes it's hard to remember why, what the gently caress was that

the whole team completely went to sleep at that corner

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
Christ, there was always going to be a red card coming for someone but I didn't expect Saba to just try to kill Antonis.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Love me a good pitch invasion mmmm

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
A wanderers fan just got thrown out near me for ripping up a seat lol

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

From a thousand kilometres away:

gently caress off back to Parramatta, traitors.

Wish I was still living there so I could head out and pay out the returning fans.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Sash Ognanovski no quarter loving given, what a champion.

Get that up yas... and Santalab looked badly injured too.. Brilliant.

Adnar fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Oct 18, 2014

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007

Alex_R posted:

A wanderers fan just got thrown out near me for ripping up a seat lol

Should have seen the WSW fan deep in the north SFC side that got thrown out for fighting with his crutches heh

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Sydnesider posted:

Should have seen the WSW fan deep in the north SFC side that got thrown out for fighting with his crutches heh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmtaRBHKH_E

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I'm late as gently caress, but how the gently caress can Ogs goal possibly be allowed? Ibini is directly in the way of the keeper when the ball goes pissing past.

Looked like a top game, hopefully the Melbourne derby can measure up as well.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

I laughed way harder than I should have at this, solely because it looked like some random grabbed the crutch and was using it rather than the original crippled guy. Does anyone also have video of the pitch invasion? They usually edit that out of the highlights

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Tongues posted:

I laughed way harder than I should have at this, solely because it looked like some random grabbed the crutch and was using it rather than the original crippled guy. Does anyone also have video of the pitch invasion? They usually edit that out of the highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A69JNsk6itY

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Get hosed Western Sydney. Popovic is a fraud and the sooner the media shut the gently caress up about how wonderful he is the better.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
After not showing the first week of play because of the euro qualifying and showing the games on a channel that want you to shell out 15 dollars for it the Hyundai A-League is back on the air on Fox Sports 2 with the Brisbane Roar taking on Perth Glory starting at 2am est, 1am cst, 11pm pst.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

:tipshat:

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

After not showing the first week of play because of the euro qualifying and showing the games on a channel that want you to shell out 15 dollars for it the Hyundai A-League is back on the air on Fox Sports 2 with the Brisbane Roar taking on Perth Glory starting at 2am est, 1am cst, 11pm pst.

You poor motherfuckers. Usually the free to air game we get here is one of the better ones of the round (Friday night's shitshow notwithstanding), but a years worth of Glory matches is a fate I'd wish on nobody. I'm fairly sure there is a way to stream the Friday night game on theworldgame.sbs.com.au for free, but you might need to be in Australia to make it work. I've had a lot of success in using the Hola Better Internet extension from https://hola.org/ - that is a free proxy service that's fairly easy to use. The matches are aired on 7:30 Australian Eastern Standard Time, so adjust accordingly.

Byolante posted:

Get hosed Western Sydney. Popovic is a fraud and the sooner the media shut the gently caress up about how wonderful he is the better.

I do like Western Sydney because I think they're a fun team, but gently caress me the football media can't line up fast enough to fellate everything they do. I don't know if I think Popa is a fraud, but maybe closer to Muscat (or even early Postacogleu) in that they're still very slow to react meaningfully when plan A isn't working. I don't know how intuitive coaching tactics are meant to be as a former player - I've literally played my entire life with admittedly zero interest in coaching and my local coach who is the same age can spot and come up with counter tactics pretty much on the fly. Maybe its a :sperg: thing.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sydnesider posted:

Ah nice! I was above and to the right from that, we saw something happening and stood up to look but couldn't make it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Tongues posted:

I do like Western Sydney because I think they're a fun team, but gently caress me the football media can't line up fast enough to fellate everything they do. I don't know if I think Popa is a fraud, but maybe closer to Muscat (or even early Postacogleu) in that they're still very slow to react meaningfully when plan A isn't working. I don't know how intuitive coaching tactics are meant to be as a former player - I've literally played my entire life with admittedly zero interest in coaching and my local coach who is the same age can spot and come up with counter tactics pretty much on the fly. Maybe its a :sperg: thing.

I think he is out of his depth and having had 2 seasons where he isn't constrained by the rules governing every other team has helped paper ove that fact. Also having the media line up to tell him its not his fault when his team loses and that he is still the best manager in the competition has to play on his decisions too.Muscat for me is a far better manager purely because he is able to maske a team play decent football inside the constraints of the salary cap and visa player rules and still usually find a win. Same with Gombau but with him it is less of a shock because he actually has had some pretty major coaching appointments comparitively for a A league coach.

• Locked thread