Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Choo Choo real fan coming through oval office

Just like there is only one God and Allah is his prophet there is only one football and Brisbane roar is his team. Some teams are great, some teams have greatness thrust upon them and some teams have a albanian up front kicking people in the face and trying to lure defenders into fighting him in the carpark. Brisbane roar fall into the 3rd group. Having won 3 of the last 4 grand finals they are the obvious plastic's choice which is a shock considering they have never had big names like Sdney or a trash collection agency as a sponsor like Adelaide (that sponsor is very useful to round up people to go to the games to increase the gate). If you want to plastic though support Melbourne like everyone else.

Our current coach is Mike Mulvey, a football genius and all around great guy who I was described as 'If Vidosic was that poo poo what hope does that idiot from the Gold Coast have'. Turns out he is actually the best coach in the league and took us to being 10 points clear of second place at the end of the season. Quality dude with a philosophy of triangles that would make El Hefe break down in awe at the beauty.

Our best player is Thomas Broich. He is a low rent Cesc Fabregas at the heart of our midfield. Spraying passes left, spraying passes right, don't ask him to shoot unlees you want to give row z a fright.

Our worst player is Liam Miller. He is god awful and needs to be put down like old yeller.

Our dirtiest player is now at melbourne victory, how sad.

And just remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Bogan Krkic posted:

I now know where Byolante sits so I'm going to go to Brisbane and start a fight with him and his hosed up thumb. I renewed my membership really late so it's almost certainly going to have not been posted by Round 1 ftl

I will stab you in the eye with my midget thumb

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Tongues posted:

This is truth, the game in Australia lost an amazing part when Johnny died. He had always hoped that the game would find mainstream appeal and acceptance in Australia, and respect as a competitor on the world stage.

I'm phone posting, but if you Google image search "i told you so" + Johnny Warren you can find pictures of people wearing t shirts saying words to that effect when Australia finally qualified for the World Cup in 2005 for the first time in decades. Johnny Warren had passed away the previous year.

Australia being in the poo poo since the 70s football wise is all Johnny Warren's fault and if it wasn't for John Safran going to fix up his idiotic mistakes we still would be in the poo poo. I love you tho Johnny!

Also my box of roar goodies are MIA too. Clubs need to get their poo poo together.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Just as a heads up the comedy bit John Safran did was the year before Australia beat uruguay to qualify for the 2006 world cup, the first world cup we went to since the witch doctor cursed us!

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

flyingkiwi posted:

The Wellington Phoenix are garbage and I don't like them, also nothing good has ever come out of the North Island. And I still can't believe our only professional club's captain is an Australian and we naturalized him for the All Whites, what is wrong with us?

Whats worse for purposes of CL qualification the Phoenix are an Australian team and under the auspices of the FFA.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Tongues posted:

You are good people dsrigg! Cheers.

Also, the broadcast game will be the Sydney derby between Sydney Croatia United 58 and newcomers Sydney Football Club 05. The match will be live on Fox Sports with options to view the other games (highlights of round the ground goals etc).

Not on free to air though, wiziwig.tv appears to have the game available however

Yet more south of the tweed conspiracy bullshit. How am I meant to watch the roar?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Adelaide won but I can't find any info of how bad we were because the south of the tweed media conspiracy didn't cover it

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I just don't want to hear another round of how flare tossing, fan bashing thugs are the best fans in the a league and how everyone should be proud of them.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I think you are pretty well correct for the most part but I would imagine you would want to avoid putting a new team at a ground with a running track or an AFL ground because an initially small crowd being that far away from the pitch would probably cause disengagement and a loss of interest.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Out of curiosity are you Craig Gower irl?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I will be quite happy if WSW get merked after a week of wall to wall popovic knob gobbling

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Tongues posted:

Noooo oones quick like broxham no ones slick like broxham NO ONES DICK IS INCREDIBLY THICK LIKE BROXHAM

DJ Broxie is dropping some phat beats

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Official theme song of the WSW 2014/15 season

http://www.sadtrombone.com/?play=true

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Anyone who is going to the brisbane game tomorrow want to grab a pint before the game?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The power of the sauce bottle compells you

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
This davey villar guy seems like he is good at football

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Walking to the ground I can taste the football

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Roar will win

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Not sure if the ref was from Adelaide or merely being paid by them but that was a shocking performance

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Fouls: 17-16 ADL - BRI
Yellow Cards: 4-1 ADL - BRI
Red Cards: 0-1 ADL - BRI

Williams has some howlers every game (not sure where he's from) and I think there were no real gamechangers from the ref.

Is there a way to see where the fouls happened on the pitch because from what I saw there was a consistent lack of calls when Brisbane were fouled while attacking as opposed to Adelaide

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Fox Sports probably has a heat map or something similar. McKay's should've been a free but I don't think the ref missed any penalty offences.

I didn't see anything that could have been called a penalty for the roar but there were quite a few things the ref decided to ignore around the edge of the box that locked pretty obvious to me

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Tongues posted:

This is wisdom. I was actually about to look him up to see if he was eligible. I like Petratos as well, but I don't know if that's because I think his name sounds like a transformer sneezing

Its actually a spell from harry potter iirc

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Get hosed Western Sydney. Popovic is a fraud and the sooner the media shut the gently caress up about how wonderful he is the better.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Tongues posted:

I do like Western Sydney because I think they're a fun team, but gently caress me the football media can't line up fast enough to fellate everything they do. I don't know if I think Popa is a fraud, but maybe closer to Muscat (or even early Postacogleu) in that they're still very slow to react meaningfully when plan A isn't working. I don't know how intuitive coaching tactics are meant to be as a former player - I've literally played my entire life with admittedly zero interest in coaching and my local coach who is the same age can spot and come up with counter tactics pretty much on the fly. Maybe its a :sperg: thing.

I think he is out of his depth and having had 2 seasons where he isn't constrained by the rules governing every other team has helped paper ove that fact. Also having the media line up to tell him its not his fault when his team loses and that he is still the best manager in the competition has to play on his decisions too.Muscat for me is a far better manager purely because he is able to maske a team play decent football inside the constraints of the salary cap and visa player rules and still usually find a win. Same with Gombau but with him it is less of a shock because he actually has had some pretty major coaching appointments comparitively for a A league coach.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I am hoping this kurtishi fellow will be berisha without the mental tendencies

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Donarchie has scored two own goals and been at fault for another. Fire him into the sun

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Anything less than a 'I just shat in schlossy's shoe' moment is too little. We deserve better.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
nice pass by carrusca

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Adnar posted:

Villa is leaving Heart in a week haha

Well that was fun while it lasted. I was quite excited to see him play in person too :(

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Sitting in the home end has given me a great view of exactly how poo poo young is. He kept sending of short goal kicks to players under pressure then when he got a real scare he fired one 'long'which barely made it out of the box and beat him back to the line. Fire him into the sun

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Adnar posted:

we look brilliant :smug:

Anybody would look brilliant against this shower

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Does the wooden spoon count as a trophy

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Well at least our era of dominance is dying with the sound of horns.aiff rather than a gradual decline. Its always better to rip the plaster off instead of inching it off.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Tongues posted:

This is the team that will represent us in Asia.

At least Owen Goal didn't get on the sheet again with an assist from donachie

Young didn't want donarchie to be worst on ground a 3rd week running so he stepped up and made the big plays to be worse.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

We got a popped shoulder here. Santalab ain't playing for the rest of the night.

EDIT: He's back on! That right arm don't look good though. Next bump will be a big issue.

Its ok he will get himself sent off and that will solve the problem

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
As sad as I am about the roar going to poo poo I am glad its the old crew taking over and not wsw

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Miller had a strop and walked out of the Roar to pursue a career in gently caress knows what.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

Being a Jest supporter is depressing

Join me at the brisbane roar pity party, there is room for everyone!

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
You might have reached that point in your life where you were drunker than mark gasnier. Incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

MiniSune posted:

It got cut short due to "promotional commitments".

He was a poo poo fat pie eating oval office who couldn't hack it in a real league and pissed off to the mls.

• Locked thread