Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
It finally that time of the year where I post in this thread and be the only american supporter of this league, anyway am from Chicago which is located about right of the middle of the good ol USA. I also don't sleep much so am up late at night which for you guys the middle of the day so I started watching the A-League I want to say 3-4 years back and been hook ever since.

On why I like it, well it mainly because the A-League reminds me so much of my own league the MLS. First it's a league that started recently compared to the other more famous leagues, the term "football" is overtaken by the country own version of football, regarded by many as a retirement league by most around the world and while the fanbases are growing it's popularly is tied to it's success by it's national team (at least here in the states). I don't really have a team to support since they only show one or two games on TV here but if I had to pick I guess it might be one of the Melbourne teams since one of my friends whom I grew up with lives there now but other than that I just support the league.

So what will you expect from me in this thread? I am going to be doing what I been doing for the last 3-4 years and post the start times of the games when they air in the US. I might post more stuff than that but it will be mainly that, also for those who are wondering the A-League airs on Fox Sports 2 here in the states. It might show up on Fox Sports 1 but it mainly on the dos. Hope this season will be a good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
After not showing the first week of play because of the euro qualifying and showing the games on a channel that want you to shell out 15 dollars for it the Hyundai A-League is back on the air on Fox Sports 2 with the Brisbane Roar taking on Perth Glory starting at 2am est, 1am cst, 11pm pst.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Because of UFC and the World Series there's no A-League this week on Fox Sports 2 but next week is the end of day light savings time here in the US so all the games from now on will be a hour earlier in the US which means I get another hour of sleep.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

After not airing for two weeks the Hyundai A-League returns to Fox Sports 2 tomorrow morning with Melbourne City taking on Brisbane Roar at middle of the night time in the US of 4:30 AM est/ 3:30 AM cst/ 1:30 AM pst. I really hope this won't be the new normal time and date but since there's another UFC event tomorrow am guessing this is the only time they can air it despite the normal time starting at 2am est 1 am my time and doesn't interrupt any post game show for UFC.

Giovanni_Sinclair fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 7, 2014

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Once again the Hyundai A-League is on late night friday/early saturday morning on Fox Sports 2 with Melbourne Victory taking on Sydney FC starting at 3:30am est/2:30am cst/12:30am pst. Don't know to blame UFC or the Euros or even the start of college basketball this time around.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

This weeks Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sports 2 is Sydney FC taking on Melbourne City at it's new normal time of 3:30AM est/2:30AM cst/12:30AM pst. Really would wish they would go back to it's old time of showing the sunday morning US time sunday afternoon aussie time, those were watchable for me.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Hello everyone and this week Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sports 2 is finally back on Saturday and by Saturday I don't mean late at night and on Sunday morning but on Saturday night with Melbourne City taking on Wellington Phoenix starting at 11pm est/10pm cst and 8pm pst .

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Since this is the first game I am fully able to watch fully alert in awhile am guessing Wellington getting goals isn't a common thing? Also that was one hell of a miss which was luckily redeemed with the goal.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Tongues posted:

Wellington are bizarre, they had a couple games in a row last season where they won 5-0 a couple times on the trot only to immediately lose by the same margin or something like that. In the offseason they've sold or retired their most useful players (Huysegems and Hernandez imo) whereas City/Heart have been useless forever. I make a point to watch Nix games soley because you never know if they're going to be at their retarded worst or their spastic best.

That kinda sounds like what my Fire been going thru expect replace the winning with draws and getting enough to breaking the MLS season record which they use to share with New York Red Bulls by getting 18 draws 6 wins and 8 loses. They are currently in the process of getting rid of all their useful players right now and hopefully might spent money on getting a real DP player which you guys call Marquee player but I doubt it since our owner is very cheap man who don't cares about the team and lives in LA and never go to any of games.

Tongues posted:

They also have the only commentators less informative than the man who said this last week:

“Just admit it: you love vineyards, don’t you? Don’t you? You love rainbows and ponds and things like that… the morning mist!”
Ned Zelic's bizarre reaction to commentary partner Brenton Speed saying “lovely looking night” during Melbourne City-Sydney FC.

This was not the strangest thing he said that night.

That sounds amazing and hearing it in a aussie accent would sound more amazing, too bad we get the Fox Sports feed here.

EDIT:Also while I was putting that post up there was another goal, I wonder if the New York City FC will be as bad as their Melbourne counterparts.

EDIT2: Another goal.

Giovanni_Sinclair fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Nov 30, 2014

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Tongues posted:

I try and follow the MLS when I can but it's only accessible via streams over here as far as I know, but the best one-to-one connection would be Chivas USA and Melbourne City. Except hopefully city might one day maybe improve slightly now that they've entered their youth team in the State League to get senior football all year round. At the very least they can't get much worse than they are now.

You should try to follow the MLS for it's faults is still a great league and starts and ends around you guys start and finish up since we both like to play in our summers. Also some sad news to report, Chivas USA is dead now and going to be replace by a new 2nd LA team in 3-4 years. In the meantime I guess if you want a new MLS team to bandwagon/support I guess NYFC since they are also own by Man City.

Giovanni_Sinclair fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Nov 30, 2014

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Tongues posted:

Oh no, no no nono. No sir. Not NYCFC. I'm a Victory man, I watch City here only because having poo poo teams in the league is good for no one.

I think I like the poo poo teams all over like a red headed step child, for some reason I like Detroit because it seems economically hosed like my hometown here.

Oh, well there is a Detroit team but they are like in the 4th division or something. So I guess you could do what I do and support the whole league. There also going to be a Orlando team next year that got "promoted" from the 3rd division but just watch the whole league until you find a team that strikes your fancy.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Oh a hat trick, neat.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Tongues posted:

Sold. I tried watching the NASL highlights recently but they are rare as hens teeth apparently

Also, what the gently caress is even happening in Wellington.

NASL is cool too, they do a spring/fall season like they do in Latin America which is kinda cool. Always fun to play them in the Open Cup. Also Wellington is treating city like they do sheep's.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Well that was a fun one sided game to watch to end the day in this neck of the woods, hopefully will air more games at this timeslot or at least around this time. It will make my viewing much more easier to watch.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

This week Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sports 2 has Brisbane Roar taking on Melbourne City starting at 1am est/12am cst/10pm pst. How many goals will city will give up this week?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Hello everyone, there's no A-League game on Fox Sports 2 this weekend but there will be a A-League team playing in the channel as the AFC Champions League champs Western Sydney is taking on the Blue Cross aka Cruz Azul from Mexicos Liga MX and defending CONCACAF Champions League winners in the FIFA Club World Cup in Morocco starting at 2:20pm est/1:20pm cst/11:20am pst.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

This week Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sports 2 has Central Coast Mariners taking on Perth Glory and it airs later tonight/early tomorrow morning at 5:30am est/4:30am cst/2:30am pst .

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

After weeks of UFC and Asian Cup delay the Hyundai A-League Game of the Week on Fox Sport 2 is back with Newcastle Jets taking on Adelaide United starting at 1am est/12am cst/10pm pst.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Watching the game, since I haven't been able to watch most of the games so far since Fox loves UFC can someone why newcastle sucks so much right now?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

MiniSune posted:

Ownership turmoil, a broke ex-billionaire owner, a nothing coach and some average recruitment.
That sucks.

Byolante posted:

They are from south of the tweed

Am a American so I don't understand but am guessing that a big reason why they suck.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

MiniSune posted:

Think Mason-Dixon where the north is racist redneck and the south are city slicker Yankees and everything is a Yankee conspiracy to keep the honest north down.

Everything is reverse down here.

Wow that makes alot sense.

Byolante posted:

This is a hilarious lie because south of the tweed you have corrupt cops, war criminals being hidden by their communities and religious/ethnic riots at football games. Also Tom Waterhouse and the shire.

Aussie are really the Americans in the southern hemisphere, I mean you guys have your own version of football, Love sports as much we do and New Zealand is your guys version of Canada.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Maybe they are feeling pity for newcastle and want them to avoid a shutout? Also almost a 6th goal.

EDIT: Now there's a 6 goal, off a PK.

Giovanni_Sinclair fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jan 24, 2015

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Do they have to add 3mins to the game? I know they want to make up for some time but in this game I think they could just skip it

EDIT: Well now we know why, the refs wanted to see another goal.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Well that was a fun one sided game to watch, hopefully next week game if the week will be somewhat as fun as this one.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Well it's been awhile but congrats on winning the Asian cup Australia and hopefully the US will see you guys in Confederations cup in Russia on 2017 once we win the gold cup again this summer or beat whoever wins it in a one game playoff. Anyway for this week Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sport 2 is the Melbourne Derby with Melbourne City taking on Melbourne Victory starting at 3:30am est/2:30am cst/12:30am pst.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Hello everyone

This Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sports 2 is Perth Glory taking on Adelaide United starting at 1am est/12am cst/10pm pst tonight and while you guys enjoy the warmth of summer I'll be freezing as it will be 1F with windchill making it feels like -24F which for you guys will be -17C and windchill making it feels like -31C. But at least am in the midwest and not in New England which is getting another blizzard for another week. You guys ever get cold and snow like us?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Shmoses posted:

We have ski mountains and the like but it never snows in the cities really. And if it does it's not cold enough for it to settle. Generally it rarely gets below zero.

MiniSune posted:

No, only in a small mountainous area on the east coast and really its not very comparable. Around winter in Sydney the average low is 48.7F and the all time record low is 35.8F. It gets colder a few hundred miles south mainly due to altitude where we have a short snow season, but away from the mountains it's only a little bit cooler, with Melbourne having an average low of 43F and a record low of 27F.

Pretty well much everywhere else north or west of the Sydney/Melbourne axis is hotter.

Those sound interesting, it sorta like that in the southern end here.

Anyway it seems the game really picked up in the 2nd half. I only watched bits and piece of the 1st since I was watching other stuff but it looks like the guys on both sides really want to win now.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

So did Adelaide just get screwed by the refs?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Blargh. We should've capitalised in the first half better. While the foul against Djite was worth a look we should've been 2-0 at half time at least.

That's sucks, 2nd half was fun to watch at least. Anyway time for sleep for me, see you guys next week.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

This weeks Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sports 2 is on early this week with Central Coast Mariners taking on Sydney FC starting at 1am est/12am cst/10pm pst tonight.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

This week Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sports 2 is the Sydney Derby with Sydney FC taking on Western Sydney Wanderers FC starting at 3:30am est, 2:30am cst, 12:30am pst.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Hello everyone this weeks Hyundai A-League game of the week is on early this week with Adelaide United taking on Wellington Phoenix starting at 11pm est, 10pm cst, 8pm pst. I will most likely won't be watching the first half as my local team the Chicago Fire will be taking on the defending MLS Cup champs La Galaxy in the first game of 2015 MLS season tonight a hour before the Adelaide Wellington game. But I should be watching the 2nd half at least.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Sorry to double post but I just check in the game and I see some strips on the pitch, is this a cricket ground they are playing at? Am sure they don't have those at a Rugby grounds and since it's New Zealand they don't play Aussie Rules.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

MiniSune posted:

Hutt stadium does do cricket but those are covered up advertising logos, most likely from another codes game. Cricket pitches tend to be much larger more to the centre of the field.

Oh ok thanks, speaking of soccer being played on a place that plays a bat and ball spot one of the newest MLS team NYC FC (Melbourne City FC sister team) is going to be playing at Yankee Stadium. Also gently caress you Villarreal.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

MiniSune posted:

I wouldn't think a baseball stadium would be a particularly good place to watch soccer at, suffering from a large distance from the pitch (much like cricket grounds here)? Or do they bias the pitch to one end?

When they had a soccer game with Roma and Warsaw at my local ball park Wrigley Field they had the pitch from home plate to left field (up and down the baseball diamond) and brought in bleachers on the field which they used to do when the Bears played American football there years ago. When they last had a soccer game at Yankee Stadium they set up the pitch from 3rd base to 1st base (left to right on the diamond) and brought in no bleachers to be place in the outfield. It didn't look good on TV but it might be ok in person, they suppose to be playing there until they built a place of their own somewhere in New York City.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Welcome to this weeks Hyundai A-League gameS of the week on Fox Sports 2, that right folks we have two games airing this week within a 24 hour period with the first one being Wellington Phoenix taking on Perth Glory starting later tonight/early tomorrow at 6:30am est/5:30am cst/3:30am pst and the next one being Brisbane Roar taking on Sydney FC starting at 2am est/1am cst/11pm pst. First game is on the 14th and the 2nd game is on the 15th for the east coast and midwest while the west coast get both games on the 14th. Also it's the start of Daylight saving time here in the states and most of the country "springs" ahead on hour so games now start a hour later since you guys haven't started yet and some of your states hates your farmers and don't do DST.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

This weeks Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sports 2 is Wellington Phoenix taking on Brisbane Roar starting at 2am est/1am cst/11pm pst.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Just because the rest of the world leagues are on breaks doesn't mean our two league have to take a break so this weeks Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sports 2 is Adelaide United taking on Newcastle Jets staring at 2am est/1am cst/11pm pst.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

The Easter Sunday edition of the Hyundai A-League game of the Week on Fox Sports 2 is Melbourne Victory taking on Wellington Phoenix starting at 3am est/2am cst/12am pst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

This weeks Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sports 2 is Brisbane Roar vs Adelaide United starting at 3am est/2am cst/12am pst. Also I recently sign up for a new internet TV service which has some channels I wanted for the french, italian, spanish and the upcoming Copa America. One of the channels called ONE sport world has A-League games on it which is cool because now I can watch more than one game a week now.

• Locked thread