Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bambus
May 10, 2009
Since there don't appear to be any City fans willing to come forward, here's my quick rundown on the team this season.

After a pretty uninspiring preseason, but it'll be interesting to see what we can manage with the new lineup and influence of the new owners. Koren, Duff and Villa are new international additions, and there's talk that Josh Kennedy will take the domestic marquee spot when he finishes in Japan in January.

Coach JVT returned to replace Aloisi last season, and remains. Like Aloisi before him, he seems to be getting steadily more orange. Could be something in the water at La Trobe.

Best player will have to be David Villa, obviously, for the ten games (at most) we have him. Mooy looked decent in the preseason and I have a soft spot for Kisnorbo, who's captaining. Eric Paartalu will be a good addition too.

Most entertaining player is Mate Dugandzic, bless him. No one knows where he'll kick the ball, especially not Mate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fu2QrHGMj8
Inexplicably, he's still playing every game (and will probably keep his spot while Williams makes way for Villa).

Worst player is Iain Ramsay. Way overrated. Also sprays the ball all over the shop, but somehow not as endearingly as our Mate.

The Guardian has pretty good A-League coverage, and predict City will finish sixth, which I think is a reasonable bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread