Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

Shmoses posted:

Yep mine finally came today as well. North end for me.

Also :lol:: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6YB98TLqh8

Yessss looks like I better buy an extra large hoody so I can cover my power gut.

Also, if anyone can find a highlight of the goals from the NPL granny yesterday I'll name my firstborn after you. Had a loving wedding and disgraced myself on the bar tab. Bride yelling at me and everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

That 200 is the minimum, and is $500. My card showed up too, just ga though because I'm not hardcore

If I buy enough I'm signing myself as a marquee

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Shmoses posted:

I want to know more about this

Nothing to amazing really, got retarded on free piss destroyed the wedding cake gatecrashed the family photos and bled everywhere when I somehow gave myself a bloodnose. Moral of the story is don't invite excitable types just because you're friends of friends.

Also maybe don't invite dickheads like me if you're from a respectable religious family and you don't want someone stealing all the resort's stubby holders

All was forgiven in the morning because I'm a charming motherfucker and really I was on my best behaviour

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Honestly the worst bit is always that look of judgement from the missus in the morning right before they get into that whole "and then you said this, and then you did this" thing and by god you'll be hearing about it for some time

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Byolante posted:

Out of curiosity are you Craig Gower irl?

I'm trans-Gower and all my pronouns are "smash"

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

bowmore posted:

Somebody do the Jest

I'm not sure anyone in the universethread is actually a Newcastle fan, we might get some confused rugby fans or the occasional lost Geordie shore enthusiast but that's it. If I get time tomorrow I'll see if I can effortpost before I get arrested throwing chairs in Burke street

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

bowmore posted:

I am obligated to be a Jets fan
:ohdear:

A fate worse then death.

...are you a lost Geordie shore enthusiast? There is no shame in the A-league thread, bowmore

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Alright I been drinking for some time now and thank gently caress the season opener is nearly here.

I think most of the usual shitposters will be at the game so you lot will have to do the heavy lifting tonight

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Shmoses posted:

Where you drinkin? I'm nearly in there too. A-League farken!

At home like god intended!

Catching the train up from Geelong soon, and then getting on whatever piss I can find. I think the members are headed to the Sherlock Holmes but that could just be scuttlebutt

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Noooo oones quick like broxham no ones slick like broxham NO ONES DICK IS INCREDIBLY THICK LIKE BROXHAM

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
How the gently caress someone gets retarded off midstrength I'll never know

Someonw just said that wanderers should use those coins to buy a defenedet

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Fingolfin posted:

I wouldn't classify myself as a jets fan, I have seen them play a few times and didn't even get bashed. All I know is some rich fat oval office bought them and every one was like 'wooo' then everyone realised he was a rich fat oval office who didn't pay anyone so now everyone's like 'oh I wanna bash im'

Also this one time we had Heskey, that was fun.

This perfectly sums us up, I think this guy was our captain last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d29OUqow-ug

Also the sex broadcasting system is streaming games this year, noice. I hate (i.e. can't afford) fox sports.-

This is going straight to the pool room/OP

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Why the gently caress don't trains have tea ladies like in harry potter - some enterprising bastard could have my power of attorney for some nuggets right now

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Just in case any poor saps missed the game of the season already, here are them highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=328WtHVuzD8

Crowd 30k, BAC similar, new hungry jacks hashbrown cheeseburger a fucken revelation, great having the NT back in force.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Mustafa posted:

Can't wait to see MV revert to type or implode, I bet this will be their best performance this season. Can't wait til they come up to Suncorp though, it'll be an absolute cracker.

It's an emotional rollercoaster being a victory fan, last season the thread for the ACL loss against Guangzhou is perfect in that regard. It's a feeling halfway between an orgasm and a pantshit fart

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I'd provide a running stream of consciousness commentary on today's matches but I'm computerless and foxtelless

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Nonsense, this is the a league. We're here for the spectacle - results aren't as important as making GBS threads on Sydney whenever you can

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Mustafa posted:

Yes, I can't wait until Sydney and MV inevitably implode and Brisbane Roar is the only one left standing yet again :smuggo:

The only team I really want to implode is the wanderers, and even then it's more of a necessary evil thing - leagues better with them but gently caress me I enjoy beating them. City I just really actually wanna see play because I want like good derbys

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Mustafa posted:

Yes, I can't wait until Sydney and MV inevitably implode and Brisbane Roar is the only one left standing yet again :smuggo:

You just keep training up them strikers and we'll keep buying

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

anyone got a stream for the melbourne city game?

Wiziwig.tv has you covered

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Byolante posted:

I didn't see anything that could have been called a penalty for the roar but there were quite a few things the ref decided to ignore around the edge of the box that locked pretty obvious to me

Maybe there's been a secret directive down from FIFA that lately there's been too goddamn many penalties lately - wanderers had a good case ignored in the first half only to immediately concede a handball in the box.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MiniSune posted:

Problem is FIFA. What you suggest there could only work with a formal video review like the other codes, and that's a total anathema to FIFA. The FFA would love to have a proper review system and to try things like you suggest, but FIFA won't allow squat.

If a player Muscatted someone and put a player out for six months, and the ref gave a yellow card, that's all that can happen. No further sanction as the ref "dealt with it".

If the Ref gives a red then a further penalty can be applied, if the Ref missed it, it may be dealt with after as well. Nobody knows for sure what would happen if the Ref saw it and waived play on.

It's all about "Protecting the integrity of the referee". Which is a horseshit excuse from FIFA.

There was a heap of discussion about this during the world cup - to someone outside of the game the apparent unimpeachable nature of the referee is indefensible, and there's good reasons for and against fiddling around with the laws. I for one don't want any kind of in-game video system without serious restrictions because look at how the last year of the afl went - the umpires are terrified of making making mistakes and it takes too long. God help us if the players are ever given the power to request an in-game review.

That said, I think the "ref dealt with it onfield, move on citizen" is backwards as gently caress. No reason at all why reportable offences can't be reexamined and potentially adjusted after the games

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Triple post but who the gently caress cares, I've caught up on the rounds matches and I've compiled my thoughts in chronological order:

1. gently caress me Dugandjzic must have been a storm trooper in a past life, I can't remember many strikers who consistently fail to score in front of goal. He lays off alright, but he's a butcher in front of the net.

2. Gameiro's goal was loving mint.

3. I have zero thoughts about the Nix/Glory game except to lament the loss of Nichols.

4. Adelaide got robbed of a penalty that looked a lot more blatant than Henrique's at the death.

5. Djite is a loving beast.

6. That entire match was ace, but the best bit was McKay cracking the shits and tantying out

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

I've only watched the highlights but I can't say I miss having Dugandzic or Nichols, they're both average players with a terrible touch and enough quality to occasionally look better than they are. Gamiero is a proper good player though, and he's still only young. If he can keep up his for I can see him playing for Australia in the near future.

This is wisdom. I was actually about to look him up to see if he was eligible. I like Petratos as well, but I don't know if that's because I think his name sounds like a transformer sneezing

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
If you find you got yourself a hankering for good old fashioned cup football just like mum used to make, you can catch the Mariners taking on Queensland NPL champs Palm Beach Sharks here: http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=285569&part=sports

Hope you guys like arabic commentary teams!

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Ta, Sune. That might just be the ticket for me if this stream business doesn't pan out right.

This should be pretty good, Palm Beach are probably one of the better NPL teams getting around - I'd actually rate then higher a lot of the old mainstays like your South Melbournes and Sydney Olympics and what have you

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Well timed sir

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
That Cernak fellow seems to know his way around the 18 yard

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I really like the Mariners, if Geelong ever gets a team and they end up being in the same tier I'll be loving loving it. Community model, history of somehow turning pigs ears into silk, polka band at games. Its like watching Mighty Ducks 3 all the time

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

I only just tuned in but I don't like this Cernak scoring goals things, he's rubbish and I won't have it otherwise

Don't stress theres a good chance the game will descend into a cripple fight

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MiniSune posted:

It would seem the old GCU fans are still not Palmer fans.

I laughed.

Also, observe the latest offering from the Advanced Statistics Community:

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
loving keen for this.

Also it appears that Zdrillic and Culina have read my various rants and don't look like they're about to fall asleep while talking their poo poo

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Mark loving Milligan in and Leigh Bloody Broxham out??

YOU'RE KILLING ME MUSCAT

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
FINKLaaarggh

Nope

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Did you Adelaidians grease this pitch up

Sneaky Adelaides

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Lot of talk about the grass length? Put on your screw ins boys.

I think they did - looks like victory are just having a poo poo night. Adelaide look comfy though, tipping Djite to get quite a few this season

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I think if I was David Gallop is be coming down from my football castle and demanding both teams and all officials run laps after the game because this is shithouse so far.

Also maybe the groundstaff, haven't decided if I include them in my paranoid conspiracy or not

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
FEED THE loving BROX

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Oh Brucey you make my arsehole pucker up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Feeding the Brox would work better if anyone, anyone at all could stay onside.

• Locked thread