Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Football goons, I am lined up outside Adelaide Oval waiting for the gates to open, and there are many, many people. Go you reds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

quote:

Adelaide United would like to make the following statement.
After the game last night a number of fans saw fit to express their views as to the team’s performance and the “lack of” investment this season in the Adelaide United playing squad.

Putting aside the totally inappropriate language used and directed to AUFC Board Members and family of our coaching staff, which will be dealt with, the Club believes it is important to correct the falsities in the minds of some fans regarding player spend this season.
The Club has spent 100 per cent of the Hyundai A-League’s salary cap and we have utilised our home-grown player allocation and marquee funds.

Our recruitment and retention decisions have not been made by a sole individual. The Club’s Football Sub-Committee, which includes owners, senior management, and all members of the coaching staff, have been aligned through this process.
We equally share the burden of our successes and failures.

The entire football community in South Australia has benefitted from the investment we have made in Hyundai A-League, Women's Football, and Youth Development. This is without mentioning the infrastructure costs associated with the setting up of the Playford Training Facility and the soon to be opened Northern Football Building at Elizabeth.

In addition to this, our January transfer window recruitment plan, which we are already implementing, has been in place since the start of the season. We are working feverishly to secure the further players we acknowledge are required to return the Club to its rightful position on the ladder.
We anticipate making positive announcements in this regard during the course of the transfer period which closes Saturday, 4 February.

How to make friends and influence people by Greg Griffin

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Henriques is a terrible footballer, and is emblematic of the club's mismanagement.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

MiniSune posted:

The worst two teams in the league playing in an oven. Not the greatest football.

In an oven, on a sponge

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm enjoying watching us take on a team with two Brazilian attacking players each worth more than every squad Adelaide has ever had, kind of us to take them on with our list of free transfers

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Arquebus posted:

Lads, I'm not sure I believe in Ange anymore.

I never did :shrug:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

How many excuses does Robbie want to make for a dive so bad that even a Spanish ref wouldn't buy it

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Bogan Krkic posted:

ive never heard of goian before but he seems to have gotten behind most things tonight for perth, who is he and is he good

Apart from the time Diawara got behind him, so he grabbed him around the arm with both hands and hauled him back, sure.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Pity the ref short-circuited due to water leakage from that burst valve in the last 20 minutes, and yellow carded the whole team out of the Gamba Osaka game next week.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Adelaide's entertaining ACL campaign lives on, equalised 3-3 at the death in Japan with full backs as centrebacks, and wingers as fullbacks, pretty good result

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

rip Les Murray

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I always liked that he tried to pronounce names of teams and players as they were in their native tongue, rather than butchering them with an Australian or English accent like most pundits here and in the UK

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I don't mind losing to Japan away so much, what I do mind is that we were put in the situation of needing points by drawing away to Thailand and Iraq.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Why does Ange still have a job?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Adelaide United vs ex-Adelaide United is going well I see

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Perhaps Mileusnic shouldn't have spent the entire second half channeling his inner Marouane Chamakh

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The fix is in

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

4 games for Marrone, 2 suspended, now ban the ball boy and it'll be fairly sorted

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Shmoses posted:

The ball boy’s a 10 year old mate

Sure, but you can't have ball boys running away with the ball like that, there has to be a punishment. Mate of mine in Switzerland said the incident made the news over there, and he wanted to know why the ball boy hadn't been banned yet as well

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Birdstrike posted:

this is the worst take I have ever read

So you think the ball boy did the right thing?

Do you think it's wrong for the ball boy to be stood down for a month, and have explained to him that what he did was wrong, and a ball kid is there to throw the ball back to the players/ref when demanded, and not to attempt to influence the outcome of the game?

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 29, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm not rewriting history, I'm watching the replay. The kid turned his back, hugged the ball, and moved away, he was trying to stall. Plenty of ball kids try to do it, and they shouldn't.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Birdstrike posted:

let's see if I have this straight: a literal child turns away from a man twice his size running at him from a blind-spot, and it's the child who should be punished?

you would have flinched too. get help.

Marrone did wrong, and was rightly punished. The kid also did wrong, and needs to have explained to him exactly what and why. Ball boys don't get a free pass to do whatever they want because they're 12.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Why even bother having the video ref if it won't overturn such a ridiculously wrong penalty call

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It's entirely possible Adelaide could have won that game, if only the players weren't brokebrain fuckwits who couldn't out think a half in the bag pub side.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

If they'd correctly paid the dive instead of a send off, it might have been different.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

There'll be fines all round after that and the post match presser

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Another shockingly bad red card decision two weeks in a row, are they bulk billing?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

gently caress Sydney.

But, also, gently caress Victory.

Therefore go Newcastle.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The League is prepared to stump up the bonus $3mill special player fund for Iniesta to come down here, presumably to a struggling, hard working club that has consistently had near capacity crowds despite a recent stretch of hard years and bad results, like Sydney FC

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I saw the new national manager saved a small Melbourne boy from vile Iranian kidnappers tonight

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Bogan Krkic posted:

arzani isnt going to play for iran now unless he really looks like he wont make our asian cup squad tho, i reckon we've got him locked in

He's in the world cup squad, I think it's settled

SOCCEROOS’ WORLD CUP SQUAD

Brad Jones, Mat Ryan, Danny Vukovic;
Aziz Behich, Milos Degenek, Matthew Jurman, James Meredith, Josh Risdon, Trent Sainsbury;
Jackson Irvine, Mile Jedinak, Robbie Kruse, Massimo Luongo, Mark Milligan, Aaron Mooy, Tom Rogic;
Daniel Arzani, Tim Cahill, Tomi Juric, Mathew Leckie, Jamie Maclaren, Andrew Nabbout, Dimitri Petratos.

Fran Karacic, Josh Brilliante, James Troisi, and Nikita Rukavytsa were cut from the squad of 27

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 2, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Craig Goodwin playing so well he could be playing for City next season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches