Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
I need to stop loving lurking and actually post.

I've only recently gotten back into the A-League, but I've been watching it religiously since SBS started airing matches. I lived in Sydney back when it started and support FC to this day, but moved to Canberra in late 2007, so my opportunity to actually see matches live has been pretty limited. Still, I'm pumped as gently caress for the new season.

I'm actually thinking we might look decent this year now that our hopes and dreams don't rest on a usually crocked thirty-eight year old. That's probably just me being naive, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013

Bogan Krkic posted:

Did you get to go to the FFA Cup game Victory played against Tuggeranong in Canberra? Top top performance that was.
I meant to, but plans to go with a couple friends fell apart. Should probably still have gone, but... well, that's how it goes sometimes.

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
Jesus christ that match. What the gently caress do you even say about that.

I mean if you're David Basheer/Clint Bolton you mention that it's the biggest defeat in WSW history about seven hundred times, but

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
gently caress the run of play, that was a brilliant goal from Gameiro, and suddenly we're not playing like poo poo anymore.

edit: poo poo

Arquebus fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Oct 11, 2014

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
I quite like Janjetovic but you know sometimes it's hard to remember why, what the gently caress was that

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
Christ, there was always going to be a red card coming for someone but I didn't expect Saba to just try to kill Antonis.

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
Christ, missed the first ten minutes trying and failing to get the SBS stream to work and I only barely caught the second goal. What have Brisbane been doing out there?

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
holy loving poo poo, zadkovich.

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
Zadkovich comes on as a substitute, immediately flattens some guy (... I can't even remember who it was, Bonevacia maybe), late challenge, two-footed, studs high up. Everyone floods the referee, shouting clearly audible to the stream, he gets sent off.

Commentary team said the tackle was within 17 seconds of him coming on. Didn't even get the ball except with his groin as it bounced away. Beautiful stuff imo

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013

Tongues posted:

I recommend you YouTube search Zadkovich - FOOTBALL GOD
Are those the jayfc tribute videos? I've seen them but weirdly the first one isn't accessible in my country. Which is Australia. So idk

proper quality videos though

Also Wellington scored a penalty I guess but tbh they don't even really look like they have a man advantage, can't see them getting an equaliser in the last 5 minutes

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
I'm trying to make a long and decent post about the game but it all just comes down to 'wellington were kind of poo poo' tbh

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
Referee evidently feeling guilty about the disallowed goal, that penalty was a loving gift.

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
I've never seen Kevin Muscat smile before and it's kind of unnerving tbh

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
Storm's broken the SBS commentary team for whatever reason, so now the match is playing and Zdrilic and Foster are just trying to fill the void and it's clear they have no material.

Direct quote: "And Matt Simon... has... definitely scored many goals... for the Mariners..."

ahh now it's back, kind of a shame - was wondering how they'd get on after about five minutes of stretching for material.

Melbourne coming close a couple of times already - this could be pretty rough for the Mariners.

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
SBS has found a camera. It looks like someone's just filming it along the technical area from their phone.

... It's kind of refreshing, actually.

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
The SBS team has given up on making up analysis and is just commentating on the camera angle, jesus christ

literally talking about depth of field

"It's like on Playstation, isn't it?" - professional commentary

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
loving hell. That from a defender.

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
I love how there's a smattering of internationally-capped players in the A-League now, but that includes Georgievski who returned home because of ... whatever happened (a fight or something, wasn't it?) and Berisha who asked not to be picked for Albania because he can't be hosed to fly the distance.

And as I type this Melbourne score and Pain's haircut is loving awful.

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
Got to have big Sasa Ognenovski in that, the moment when he stopped Janjetovic stretching that guy's cramp out solidified him as my favourite player in the history of the club tbh

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
jesus christ

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013

Tongues posted:

Why are you guys garbage dicks
It's the new Stupid Newbie avatar

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
I'm still kind of in disbelief over the red card tbh

Sort of getting the feeling that WSW might scratch an undeserved goal against the run of play but like hell are they getting a win from this

The question is when will pundits stop insisting they're one match away from Real Madrid? It isn't loving happening on any of this evidence.

... such a stupid loving handball, christ

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
Great goal, game even more over than it already was.

Still have a weird gut feeling the Wanderers will snatch a goal, but by now of course it won't matter.

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
Utterly fantastic attacking play from Adelaide there, blooper reel finishing.

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
i've seen about eighty ways to spell the name 'kieran' but 'kearyn' is probably the loving worst

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
oh mabil :allears:

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
Jeggo's going to make up half the blooper reel by season's end at this rate.

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
god loving drat it

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
Why didn't he loving shoot, I'm getting flashbacks to Oar trying to pass to Leckie against Holland ffs

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
This stream's working alright for me.

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013

Tongues posted:

Goddamit I'm missing this because I capped my internet, no joke, from streaming a fireplace for like 5 hours last night on Netflix.

What I'm saying is I need you goons, let me live vicariously through you
Well it's just hit half-time and Adelaide are dominating, but neither team's been able to put chances away - Mabil just smashed it over the bar under not a whole lot of pressure, and earlier ran right over a cross that went basically right to him, while Garcia ran into Galekovic on the break. Also Perth committed 12 fouls in the first 33 minutes (haven't seen a more recent count) and they seem to be keeping that ratio up pretty solidly.

Been a couple of small fights but nothing too tasty so far - people shoving others over, looked like Boogarde was refusing to shake hands with Keogh at half-time, etc.

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
gently caress yes a contested drop ball, with both guys wildly kicking at each other's ankles, I think that's the first time I've ever actually seen that in a professional match

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
Christ, Mabil's infuriating to watch even as a neutral

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
Surely he must have literally loving forgotten he was already on a yellow, what the gently caress

I love this Final

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
C'mon Adelaide, pump them for four or five, don't be shy, it's what the people want-

and then that happens, maybe there really is a match here after all kind of

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
"We're having trouble finishing our chances, it's time to bring on Awer Mabil"

it'll still probably pay off tbh but until then i'm looking forward for more sitters hit over the bar

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
oh what the gently caress.

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
yessssssssssssssssss

(of course it was tim cahill. of course.)

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
gently caress YES

Cahill having to point at Luongo to clarify, yes, someone other than him did in fact score, and gently caress I'm relieved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
loving hell, that header

There's probably another goal in this.

• Locked thread