Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

None of you east coast bastards are talking about Adelaide. I'm here to fix that.

The Mighty Reds represent Adelaide, the city of KINGS Churches. We won the inaugural A-League season and while we haven't won it since, we've been in the Asian Cup 4 times, more than any other A-League team.

Josep Gombau is our current coach, he of the freaky eyebrows. He's had his run-ins with the Adelaide media last season so his popularity here in SA comes and goes. Personally I'm enjoying his style of coaching thus far and look forward to what he can do this season.

Bruce Djite is our current best player (that we've managed to hang onto, and even then he's played for other teams and then come back). A solid striker, lately he's been paired up with whatever guest signing we have up forward.

Off the top of my head Cam Watson is our worst player. Not that he's exceedingly terrible, just consistently mediocre.

Adelaide United play out of Hindmarsh Stadium, the best loving ground in Australia since I can catch a train + tram to get there super easy.

E: Disclaimer: I'm probably not as hardcore as the rest of the posters in this thread so I may be full of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Byolante posted:

Adelaide won but I can't find any info of how bad we were because the south of the tweed media conspiracy didn't cover it

Two Adelaide teams still in the FFA Cup :woop:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Gooooooooo you Reds Blacks!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

United all over 'em early. I could live with this style of play every week but it'll definitely test their fitness.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

1-1, now we're talking. Love ya Bruce!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Probably. Broish is looking very threatening.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I always wish I knew what players said to get themselves red carded. Are there official FFA rules about what you can and can't call refs?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I think I prefer other sports' system, like Cricket, where the umpire reports it and then the player may get a fine. That way other people look at it and it prevents the ref from being a bit too precious on a given day.

Then again, they probably review the cards given in each game and Williams would say "he called me a cuntsicle" or what have you.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Byolante posted:

Roar will win

Sorry mate

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Byolante posted:

Not sure if the ref was from Adelaide or merely being paid by them but that was a shocking performance

Fouls: 17-16 ADL - BRI
Yellow Cards: 4-1 ADL - BRI
Red Cards: 0-1 ADL - BRI

Williams has some howlers every game (not sure where he's from) and I think there were no real gamechangers from the ref.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MiniSune posted:

It's all about "Protecting the integrity of the referee". Which is a horseshit excuse from FIFA.

Ah yes, like all things it comes down to "gently caress FIFA".

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Byolante posted:

Is there a way to see where the fouls happened on the pitch because from what I saw there was a consistent lack of calls when Brisbane were fouled while attacking as opposed to Adelaide

Fox Sports probably has a heat map or something similar. McKay's should've been a free but I don't think the ref missed any penalty offences.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

dsriggs posted:

Still hoping for the Adelaide Derby final!

I'd be there with bells on!

Hopefully tonight's match is a cracker as well, I'd love to see more games at Adelaide Oval, it's great for atmosphere and great for the club. Nothing against Hindmarsh, but it will hopefully give it a big match feel.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lot of talk about the grass length? Put on your screw ins boys.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Harden up Isiais

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Tongues posted:

I think they did - looks like victory are just having a poo poo night. Adelaide look comfy though, tipping Djite to get quite a few this season

I like your thinking

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Feeding the Brox would work better if he could stay onside.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Noice

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ref's looking more fired up than the players

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLL

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Cirio you star

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

gently caress

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Was expecting a nil all draw after 80 minutes. At least we got some goals.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I wish Ramsay was still at Adelaide.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Top header that

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Not sure if I can hit the turps as hard as yourself Tongues but I'll give it a RHG.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

11 shots to 5, what are you doing City

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'm calling this finishing either 1-0 or 2-0. City ain't winning this.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I'm calling this finishing either 1-0 or 2-0. City ain't winning this.

Well shut my mouth.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sorry. I'm neutral, not trying to jinx anyone.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

If I weren't a dyed in the wool United supporter I'd go for Glory. Dat purple kit :3:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hopefully Perth play like this against us next week :-)

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Oooooh 1 all

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lovely strike from 20 yards out! This is the exciting kind of game I've been waiting for all weekend.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Oof. Near handball/deflection sees it go 2 - 2

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Keogh header to make it 3-2 Glory. Great to watch :)

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

That's gotta help the confidence heading into the Asia Cup final.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Tongues posted:

I knew I was right to believe in you

:hfive:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Good to see the Adelaide United boys getting into that FIFA15 thing. Last team I saw looked bored with the whole affair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

If Graham Arnold is whinging about the short turn around he should at least be happy they're playing yet another home game in the FFA cup - it's high 30's in Adelaide and very humid at the moment.

• Locked thread