Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBoots
Oct 11, 2013
So a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, a little boy nicknamed Boots built his very own computer, and he was so proud of the Frankenstein's monster he'd created that he never thought about what would happen when it came time to upgrade. now I'm up AMDs' poo poo creek, but luckily my birthday is coming up, so the family is coming running with paddles from all over the province. But before I use those paddles as shovels, I have a question for someone who's more knowledgable about motherboards then I can ever hope to be in my entire life. Is DDR4 worth the price point, and is the ASUS Rampage V extreme worth anything more than a quick drool over before buying something likely infinitely more reasonable(I saw most of the stuff about avoiding msi, and other friends have matched this recommendation with evidence). The computer it's going into is going to be used for gaming, with some work stuff (word processing and the like) as well as my new-founded households' entertainment center, so I do understand that this is excessive, if not completely sperglordy. I'd just like to know if it's "geeze bill, you didn't really need 400 horsepower" sperglordy or "mommy why does that man have four ferraris welded to those two Bugatti veyrons?" spergy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread