Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

evobatman posted:

Sheldon does now not even resemble a human being. If someone acted like that in real life both when they had their stuff stolen and when they were supposed to have a professor/teaching job they would be institutionalized. And his friends keep enabling him.

It would have been better if he had been institutionalized for 90 days then called Leonard to get him out when they found out he was really a professor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Penny's a little bright compared to some sales reps I know.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

You've never met a true autistic sperg in real life? I find the Sheldon character to be an incredibly accurate representation of a real life sperg. The realism is one of the best part of the show in my opinion. I've known many Sheldons in real life. They work all over Silicon Valley.

Hasn't there been a lot of ink spilled about how Sheldon is one of the best representation s of a functioning autistic person on TV.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wow, if thats what autistic people are like in real life I'm glad I don't have interactions with many. I'm a pretty laid back guy, now, but I would deck someone that randomly spoke to me like that.

The likelihood of meeting someone that really has autism is fairly low. Lots of kids diagnosted with it are too young to tell and grow out of it. The rest are self described internet weirdos.

For the families of people with real autism, Sheldon emotional growth and social skills is the goal.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The real problem with the aruging about money is he's an astronaut who is active in the system, plus the time he's spent as an engineer. He makes 6 figures what do you want Bernadette.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I have to give the show props for having Amy get mad at Bernadette not because she was jealous she wasn't asked, but because she felt it damaged the standing of female scientists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

pentyne posted:

I think the idea is the guys blow tons of money on comics and collectibles. Howard's last "why would you spend this money" was on a 3-D printer, but given that between the 4 of them they pull down close to $400k and none of them have a mortgage, expensive car payments, children etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they do a plot line where it turns out Sheldon has nearly a million just sitting in a checking account and can't understand why he should go through the trouble of investing it.

The joke will probably be that he buys an antique locomotive with all the money and would then point out its value would increase over time and he can't sit inside a mutual fund and pretend to be a conductor.

The only other sitcom I can remember that did "large savings account" was Friends, when it turned out Chandler had saved up a ton of money during his career and when Monica found out she wanted to use it on her "dream" wedding dress. The fact that he came around and acquiesced to her blew my mind even at a young age that someone would put that kind of money towards a single consumer item.

You can blow a ton of money on comics and things, but not really that much.

I would also kill to have an antique locomotive.

• Locked thread