Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

GaussianCopula posted:

Sad news indeed.

I'm very interested to see how they handle it. Given that she was an off-screen character and there are many people who can do excellent impersonations, it would be incredibly easy for them to replace her and most people wouldn't notice. But it might be considered disrespectful to just have someone impersonate her, so I'm not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

I know she wasn't in the latest episode (or two?), but they've missed an opportunity with Raj's girlfriend. One of the disappointing about Amy and Bernadette is that even though they are smart, they aren't really geeks in the same way that the guys are and so there's always this disconnect between the guys and girls' storylines. Given that nerdy girls obsessed with videogames/sci-fi/superheros/whatever aren't particularly uncommon (especially in the subset of women who would be willing to date the BBT guys), it would be neat to have one of them date someone who, you know, actually shared common interests.

The show seems to make a point of mentioning how Penny and Leonard have nothing in common. But really, none of the characters and their partners (or ANYONE they have ever dated) have ever had much in common in terms of common interests, and it's kind of weird.

Even though Bernadette and Amy are portrayed as smart, it's like the showrunners think only guys can be "real geeks" or something.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

spronk posted:

Rest in Peace, Carol Ann Susi aka Mrs. Wolowitz

I was pretty shocked that they didn't have a "in memory of..." at the end. What show doesn't acknowledge that one of its actors died?

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Fair enough, managed to miss that.

RE:latest episode. Escape rooms are super fun, and you should try it if you're looking for a pretty unique activity.

• Locked thread