Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
God drat that was a great episode through and through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
Goddamn, that's an evil cliffhanger.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Still Fluxing posted:

Goddamn, that's an evil cliffhanger.

Boyle's marrow custard line had me in stitches

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

You're under arrest! This is a work event!

Great episode, great season, great show

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Krowley posted:

You're under arrest! This is a work event!

Great episode, great season, great show

That whole exchange was hilarious.

Amy: NYPD, freeze! We are police colleagues!
Jake: You're under arrest! This is a work event!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I hope they replace Andre with Lance Reddick, because a few years ago my racist rear end got them confused frequently.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Medullah posted:

I hope they replace Andre with Lance Reddick, because a few years ago my racist rear end got them confused frequently.

It's funny how Reddick has become the go to guy for "high ranking official who doesn't take any crap". He's showed up in Fringe, Bosch and most recently an episode of Castle playing essentially the same role each time. He'd be great in B99 though, as he can play dumb comedy with a straight face just like Braugher can. His "Toys R Me" thing on Funny or Die is hilarious.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

They could get another super serious Captain, or I'd imagine they go in a different direction and have a goofy Captain who lets Jake do stupendously irresponsible things, like rappel down the side of a building to catch the Pontiac bandit. He still gets the job done, but there's a reporter with a vendetta against Peralta that makes life difficult for Holt.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
I hope Holt getting promoted is part of an elaborate set-up for Holt's revenge prank on Halloween.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

If they get Agent Broyles to replace Captain Holt for a couple episodes, I will just be the happiest person.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

lifts cats over head posted:

I hope Holt getting promoted is part of an elaborate set-up for Holt's revenge prank on Halloween.

I will be disappointed when this isn't the case.

e: gently caress, 'will be' not 'will not be' loving type right goddamn me

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 23:48 on May 18, 2015

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Also, Jake and Amy rule. I generally do not give two craps about tv romance but I'm not ashamed to admit that their whole story has me wrapped up like a 13 year old. I felt like giving Jake a high 5 after the backroom scene last night.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Rosa's fake reaction will haunt my dreams

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Also, Jake and Amy rule. I generally do not give two craps about tv romance but I'm not ashamed to admit that their whole story has me wrapped up like a 13 year old. I felt like giving Jake a high 5 after the backroom scene last night.

It's good, but I'm not getting quite the same investment as I did with relationships in P&R. Oh well, it's still the second season.

TheScott2K posted:

Stephanie Beatriz is a hell of an actor.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

inthesto posted:

She's already shown more range than Aubrey Plaza, at least.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

TheScott2K posted:

"Haunt." Yes. That is a verb.

It's not the right verb though.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

inthesto posted:

It's good, but I'm not getting quite the same investment as I did with relationships in P&R. Oh well, it's still the second season.

Wasn't her reaction just her actual voice though? Still scary as hell coming out of Rosa though.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

seaborgium posted:

Wasn't her reaction just her actual voice though? Still scary as hell coming out of Rosa though.

I'm not certain what you're trying to say, so maybe we are in agreement, but if an actress' actual voice sounds terrifying coming from the character, she is doin a good job.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah, that was interview Beatriz coming through, which is quite the reminder how much work goes into Rosa.

Impressively emotive ending, they really built up some investment in these characters - Holt feebly giving his "beep borp" was actually sad, not that anyone doubted Braugher would nail the Captain showing just a few cracks. It's funny how much Gina putting her phone on airplane mode worked and then her sincere "I'm coming with you!" at the end.

I also like the Jake and Amy relationship and it's good they're doing something with it rather than just twisting in the wind forever. It might feel a little textbook sitcom-y but it doesn't make either of them any less funny.

Overall, season two didn't feel quite so much like must-watch tv as season one (although I saw season 1 all at once via a summertime Netflix binge so maybe that's colouring perception) but the show's still great and is doing good work developing its characters and trying new things. I'll definitely be tuning in for the premiere of season 3!

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
The captains robot noise was the most emotional i got watching tv last night.

Not bad going against a mad men series finale and GoT.

I watched Veep too but that show is just laughs really

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!
Season 2 got added to Netflix already (at least in Canada? Though a lot/all of the titles and descriptions are mixed up the episodes are in the right order I think). Lemme just say that Braugher nailed it. Season 2 was v good.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Yeah, I agree. I've been worried all season but they handled it well. I just hope it they don't backtrack when the next season starts.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
The season two finale was amazing. Captain deserves an Emmy.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Skychrono posted:

The season two finale was amazing. Captain deserves an Emmy.

he has two

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

agreed, he should not receive any more

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Fetus Tree posted:

agreed, he should not receive any more

Don't be like the cast of Modern Family, give someone else a chance Mr. Brauer.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Just watched the Larry King interview with Terry Crews and it's worth watching if you like the dude. He's an incredibly intelligent versatile guy.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

swickles posted:

I really hope the new Captain is Holt's identical twin brother.

I hope it's Detective Pembroke

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yes. This works.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/05/brooklyn-nine-nine-bill-hader-new-captain

quote:

There’s a new boss in Brooklyn, and he’ll be played by Bill Hader.

EW has learned that Brooklyn Nine-Nine has cast the Trainwreck star and SNL vet as the new captain in the precinct, filling the position vacated by Captain Holt (Andre Braugher), who took a PR post with the NYPD in the Fox comedy’s season 2 finale. This captain is described as “efficient.”

Hader — who also stars in IFC’s upcoming mockumentary Documentary Now! — will guest-star in Brooklyn’s season 3 premiere, which airs Sept. 27. Fox is not revealing how many episodes in which he will appear.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
This will be better than when Ed Helms took over for Steve Carrell on The Office.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Irish Joe posted:

This will be better than when Ed Helms took over for Steve Carrell on The Office.

Well, it's temporary, for one. Holt will be back, as opposed to Carrell (outside of a cameo). And Hader is much funnier than Helms, so...

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I'm down with Hader, him and Sandberg were great in Hot Rod.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

By the way if you haven't, check out the HBO special "7 Days In Hell", it's a mockumentary about a 7-day long tennis match starring Andy Samberg and Kit Harrington, it's loving hysterical.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Democratic Pirate posted:

I'm down with Hader, him and Sandberg were great in Hot Rod.

That's because he likes to party.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

YES

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Pumped about Lindsey Buckingham being the new Captain.

adrenaline_junket
May 29, 2005
gotta get a rush!
If he channels any of his officer Slater characteristics from Super Bad, then I will be extremely satisfied.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

mojo1701a posted:

That's because he likes to party.

No! I'm the only one who parties.

Best film.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

EL BROMANCE posted:

No! I'm the only one who parties.

Best film.

I'm still holding out that Jorma shows up for an episode to play Jake's little brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

inthesto posted:

I'm still holding out that Jorma shows up for an episode to play Jake's little brother

God that would be cool beans

• Locked thread