Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
Got caught up on this show. It's very good, but the weird thing is, Peralta is my least favorite character. I think the reason is that the rest of the cast is hilarious.

smackfu posted:

Looks like they are running double episodes of Last Man on Earth for the next three weeks, which means that Family Guy has to be moved into Brooklyn 99's slot.

Does that mean they've lost faith in Last Man on Earth? There is only like 4 more episodes for the season, so is Fox burning them off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

PassTheRemote posted:

Got caught up on this show. It's very good, but the weird thing is, Peralta is my least favorite character. I think the reason is that the rest of the cast is hilarious.

Does that mean they've lost faith in Last Man on Earth? There is only like 4 more episodes for the season, so is Fox burning them off?

Yeah, I think he does well anchoring the cast, but one of the strengths of the show is it doesn't require him to be in the spotlight, everyone else gets a good share of the attention because they all do so well. I think if it were entirely Peralta-centric, the show would be an absolute train wreck after a half dozen episodes.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

PassTheRemote posted:

Not sure if this was planned already or a change. The ratings seem to be on par with the other Fox Sunday shows.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Peralta owns but this show really is an ensemble cast and are best viewed when playing off of each other. Not unreasonable to find the others more entertaining imo. I think my favorite might be boyle

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

smackfu posted:

Looks like they are running double episodes of Last Man on Earth for the next three weeks, which means that Family Guy has to be moved into Brooklyn 99's slot.

They aren't running new Family Guy though, reruns there too.

Fox is simply arranging their core schedule so their ratings heavy hitters are all going to have new episodes for the entirety of sweeps.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Wait, so the B99 finale is getting delayed in favor of reruns of goddamn family guy?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Breaks happen all the time, especially now. Also, lots of networks don't want to go up against March Madness.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Vintersorg posted:

Shes gorgeous as gently caress held up by the fact that shes insanely funny both on the show and off it.

Her special on Netflix (One of The Greats) is a great comedy special and should be watched by everyone who enjoys this show (and everyone in general really)

Steve112sms
Mar 20, 2002

Paregoric babies of the world unite.
Well, this season has 22 episodes like last season and they've already shown 19. I guess they wanted to have the last episodes in May like a lot of shows rather than end it in March like they did last year.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Chelsea Perretti's twitter feed is great because it is basically Gina. Complete with wolf shirt selfies.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

She's very Italian, like Lady Gaga.

It's not a bad look by any means. Some people aren't into it I guess, and that's okay.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Krowley posted:

Wait, so the B99 finale is getting delayed in favor of reruns of goddamn family guy?

No, it's being delayed so it can be shown when it has the best chance of boosting Fox ad revenue.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I too think Chelsea is gorgeous and I loved her standup special on Netflix.

Watching a random episode of Parks and Recreation today I noticed that she was credited as a "story editor". I had no idea she was involved with that show!

Count me in as someone that's not exactly enamored with Samberg on B99. For me, it's something about his delivery and just the sound of his voice. His lines are written well, I just don't like the way he says them.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I think Peralta is at his best when they're showing how much of a trainwreck his non-work life is. He's like an 80s Bill Murray character, except in reverse.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

inthesto posted:

It's kind of funny to see people think of Peralta as "exaggerate Samberg" because back in the day, he would play the preppy jock

Hell, watch old skits from The State. Joe Lo Truglio was playing the preppy jock characters with Ken Marino.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Do you even know what satin is, you dumb bitch?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Vintersorg posted:

Shes gorgeous as gently caress held up by the fact that shes insanely funny both on the show and off it.

She's occasionally funny, but c'mon man, girl's got a schnoz a toucan would envy.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Eltoasto posted:

Do you even know what satin is, you dumb bitch?

Slap they faces!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

inthesto posted:

It's kind of funny to see people think of Peralta as "exaggerate Samberg" because back in the day, he would play the preppy jock

I dunno I think his breakout role was as that oval office hole, Steve.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Spoeank posted:

I dunno I think his breakout role was as that oval office hole, Steve.

Wasn't Steve actually played by Chester Tam?

drat, now I want to listen to the director's commentary of Hot Rod again, but I can't find my DVD. :negative: Samberg had a great anecdote about how, when they were roommates, Chester would regularly embarrass Samberg by walking around the apartment in his underwear anytime there was company over.

Chester getting a cameo on B99 would make my year, though.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
And he should be like Doug July's master accomplice

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

inthesto posted:

drat, now I want to listen to the director's commentary of Hot Rod again, but I can't find my DVD. :negative: Samberg had a great anecdote about how, when they were roommates, Chester would regularly embarrass Samberg by walking around the apartment in his underwear anytime there was company over.

So does this mean Sandberg is channeling his roommate and not his inner self?!? my immersion..

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

inthesto posted:

Chester getting a cameo on B99 would make my year, though.

The original Steve, from Just 2 Guys & We Like Sports

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
In case you forgot, B99 is back this Sunday. So sad we only get a few more episodes for this season, but better than nothing I guess.

Here's the promo for the episode.

EDIT: Reworded to avoid confusion. Yes, there is a third season on the way.

pnumoman fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 23, 2015

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I'm just glad Fox is airing the last few episodes.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

You guys are phrasing that weird as hell (I'm assuming you were joking about it was originally posted weird, Joe), but you freaked me out and so I had to check, and it did get a third season. Jerks.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

thrawn527 posted:

You guys are phrasing that weird as hell (I'm assuming you were joking about it was originally posted weird, Joe), but you freaked me out and so I had to check, and it did get a third season. Jerks.

Oh, my bad. I was just saying that I was sad there's only a few more episodes left in this season.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

thrawn527 posted:

I did exactly the same thing, because I dont remember hearing it was renewed.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
http://www.break.com/video/terry-crews-destroys-on-lip-sync-battle-2850349

I am in literal tears from this, Terry is loving hilarious.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Irish Joe posted:

She's occasionally funny, but c'mon man, girl's got a schnoz a toucan would envy.

To be honest, her nose is one of the things that turn me on (also, she is very funny, her stand up special was pretty good)

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Fetus Tree posted:

http://www.break.com/video/terry-crews-destroys-on-lip-sync-battle-2850349

I am in literal tears from this, Terry is loving hilarious.

I am now hooked on Lip Sync Battle

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh poo poo that would hurt so much.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

OH MY GOOOOOOOOD

Rosa might be pregnant

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That was the best reaction ever.

I'm glad the Venture Bros commentary's explained what Bodegas are. Also Chelsea Peretti in that dress :swoon:

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 27, 2015

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oh my Goooooooooood!

Rosa's not pregnant!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dolash posted:

OH MY GOOOOOOOOD

Rosa might be pregnant

Are your bosoms tender?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Are your bosoms tender?

Are your senses heightened?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Colon

Hyphen

Close Parenthesis

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

The doctor said all my bleeding was internal.

That's where the blood's supposed to be!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ernie. posted:

The doctor said all my bleeding was internal.

That's where the blood's supposed to be!

Totally going to steal that line when working trauma next.

• Locked thread