Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
dean ambrose?
he rules
oh my he's so good
I love him
want to kiss him
View Results

• Locked thread
Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
SHOULD YOU WATCH THIS SHOW?

I don't know! Maybe? The matches could be solid, but the build hasn't been very ood for many of them and a good match was taken off the show due to surgery yesterday.

Night of Champions! There's some champions on this show and also some not champions. There's seven matches on the card. It'll start at 7:00EST. All good.

:siren: THE PRESHOW STARTS AT 7:00 EST THIS TIME :siren:

Christian returns after not being on the show for quite some time and also attempts to not get injured in a talk show segment.

In this fun feud rehash from only three months ago, Sheamus and Cesaro feud over the Untied States Title. Won't that be fun? Cesaro won't win.

Total Divas only on E! Sundays at 9/8 central. Nikki Bella is one of the stars of this great show. AJ and Paige are not. Go Total Divas!

The Miz and Dolph Ziggler will fight for the Intercontinental Championship. They both have stunt doubles now, and none of the announcers can tell Dolph Ziggler and R-Truth apart.

Jack Swagger Mark Henry is here to defend the sanctity of America from Rusev! Can Zeb Colter and Jack Mark finally bring glory back to the heartland? We the people! That's what he does!

Two brother tag teams face off in the tag team championship match. The weirdos with facepaint defend their titles from the weirdos with facepaint.

This feud started when Randy Orton attacked Chris Jericho because it's the season premiere! Jericho was fighting Bray Wyatt but he lost to him in a cage match and moved on to fighting Orton. This will be a good match, I think.

After being suplexed 16 times at Summerslam last month, John Cena had some serious doubts going into a rematch with Brock Lesnar. Luckily, he erased all these doubts with a strong month beating up anything and everything that moved into his path. He's going to win and become the 16-time world champion! Congrats, John Cena!

----

Remember to make your picks in the WH2KPSP Prediction Game, and also on Fourdown!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
What an absolutely terrible card

Roshi
Sep 25, 2002

Somebody from CC wasted $10 on a guy who does not give a shit what they think, so I'm re-purposing it because I'm too lazy to come up with another one.
I got a parakeet, and the parakeet loves watching wrestling, it literally perks up when wrestling is on. I'll leave NOC on for it to watch while I go do something else. I honestly don't give a poo poo about it especially since NXT Takeover II was a solid NXT special as we've come to expect. Some of the matches will probably be solid to good, but I just don't care.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I only watch this cause of Brock/Cena and will laugh like an idiot when Cena gets his win back. Only way to save this would be to have Rollins cash in.

AJ and Paige are good wrestlers and might be fun to watch, but I don't care about any of the other matches on the card, even though I adore Mark Henry.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

this is a really good card with a bad, and in a few cases nonexistent, build

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

also it's hilarious how much larger your picture of Paige is than the other two divas in that OP

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The matches will be fine/good but they've given us 0 reason to care about any of them

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

The matches will be fine/good but they've given us 0 reason to care about any of them

then its a good thing nobody is paying $60 for it!

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
On holiday tomorrow, so could stay up and watch this, but WWE has given me almost no reasons to do so.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i think even the divas match will be fine but if the dolphins didnt play at 4:30 today i would prob watch it tomorrow or something

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Roshi posted:

I got a parakeet, and the parakeet loves watching wrestling, it literally perks up when wrestling is on. I'll leave NOC on for it to watch while I go do something else. I honestly don't give a poo poo about it especially since NXT Takeover II was a solid NXT special as we've come to expect. Some of the matches will probably be solid to good, but I just don't care.
is your parakeet gonna riot if john cena wins

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Roshi posted:

i know the show is for the birds but come on

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I mean there is nothing interesting going on unless you enjoy watching a working class, lunch pail, football team for the common man lose embarrassingly to Carolina. This PPV will probably be good.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
John Cena will win, right?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Beef Waifu posted:

John Cena will win, right?

Probably not.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think he will.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

oatgan posted:

also it's hilarious how much larger your picture of Paige is than the other two divas in that OP

And also how she manages to look somehow even paler than usual.

Total divas will probably be a better show tonight but I am gonna watch the PPV (for only 9.99)

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I completely forgot that this was tonight. I don't know if I can even be arsed to watch it.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Beef Waifu posted:

I think he will.

There is only one 16 time champion and that's Ric Flair

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
This will be a good night of matches that no one here will watch because people prefer making GBS threads on anything that isn't PWG or NJPW.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Xenoletum posted:

This will be a good night of matches that no one here will watch because people prefer making GBS threads on anything that isn't PWG or NJPW.

don't be ridiculous everyone is going to watch it

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
i will watch it and maybe poo poo on it if it isn't as good as PWG or NJPW or be chill if it is??

have a nice laugh at tears/bad posts if cesaro/brock/whoever loses

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Feel obligated to watch this since it's the last PPV before my subscription runs out and I have nothing better to do today!

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Xenoletum posted:

If you haven't noticed everyone in this subforum will bitch the poo poo out of everything but they still watch the shows and/or PPVs and still post in the GDTs soooo.

Also the number of people participating in the Prediction game has only dropped a little bit, mostly by people at the very bottom giving up.

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 21, 2014

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i will watch this, but i will be very angry online if cena wins

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'll put it on in the background while I work on some project stuff tomorrow, and I will drat well let you know what I think about it

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I believe in Brock Lesnar.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

this is going to be a good show

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

this is going to be a good show

I agree.

Also Go The Following Things:

-Brock Lesnar
-A quick, full recovery for Roman Reigns
-Surprise Dean Ambrose return to god pop
-DustBros
-Lots of cool action with no further injuries

Let's do thIIIs?! :toot:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If Ambrose doesn't show up, especially now, I will riot. Maybe kick over my trash bin or something. At least we all got to learn about Reign's injury, including an official annoucement that he can't make NoC, before NoC. It's less disappointing somehow.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Xenoletum posted:

I can't get into NJPW because I don't understand what anyone is saying.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Smoking Crow posted:

I can't get into NJPW because I don't understand what anyone is saying.

That's part of the charm since the commentary is better than anything in the English speaking world this way!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Did they really slide Jericho in to replace Reigns?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

No, Jericho was already booked to face Orton. Reigns was going to have a match with Seth Rollins.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

This is the first time the US title has been defended on PPV since Hell in a Cell last year. What a worthless belt

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

21 Hoot Salute posted:

This is the first time the US title has been defended on PPV since Hell in a Cell last year. What a worthless belt

Defended at Payback 2014

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

21 Hoot Salute posted:

It was defended at Payback this year.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

No, Jericho was already booked to face Orton. Reigns was going to have a match with Seth Rollins.

Oh right thanks, I guess I just got confused during the amazing build for this PPV. Did they give any update on replacing Rollins/Reigns or will we just have to wait for the surprise?

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Defended at Payback 2014

poo poo

Still worthless :(

Remember that great WWE US title feud in the past few years when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

21 Hoot Salute posted:

poo poo

Still worthless :(

Remember that great WWE US title feud in the past few years when

Ryder and Ziggler did have a good feud, yes.

• Locked thread