Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
dean ambrose?
he rules
oh my he's so good
I love him
want to kiss him
View Results

• Locked thread
ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
I hate to be "that guy," but I missed the PPV entirely. Could I get a summary of the results? Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yep! We'll see who's right. If I end up being dumb, I will own up to it. I should clarify. I think Cena/Rollins is going to happen tomorrow night and be a back and forth match that ends in a schmozz thanks to Ambrose and/or Rusev, and Rollins doesn't get squashed.

Cena Rollin will happen tomorrow and even if it ends in a gently caress finish it won't be until after Cena has AA'd the credibility right out of Rollins body about 3 times.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

I would like to note that after Lesnar spent a good majority of the match working Cena's arm with the Kimura, a submission that "broke" HHH's arm two years ago it was fine and dandy by the match end and didn't hamper him with AA's or STF's.

Come on Cena even Rusev sold a hurt ankle during his submission, it ain't hard.

Seriously, this poo poo is infuriating to watch as a fan. I'd tolerate Cena so much more if it weren't for crap like this.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Carver Crisis posted:

the finish wasn't the worst thing that could've happened (Cena could have won clean)

but I hate the fact that it was Cena who stopped the cash-in and not Ambrose

Rollins is smart enough to not try and cash in without knowing 100% that Ambrose is securely handcuffed to a chair backstage.

E: Agree that Cena's selling could be better but this is a forever issue and the finish didn't really involve him needing to sell to help put it across.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

pressedbunny posted:

If Lesnar had popped up to demolish Rollins and then Cena had jumped back in and whatever, it would have been a really nice ending. As it was it felt like Lesnar was the afterthought on the Cena Show; the classic problem of Cena taking a beating and being A-OK 40 seconds later.

Lesnar took an AA and a Curb Stomp and was up being A-OK 40 seconds later, hit his finishing move on Cena.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ShadowedFlames posted:

I hate to be "that guy," but I missed the PPV entirely. Could I get a summary of the results? Thanks in advance.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/96-wwe-news/39054-wwe-night-of-champions-live-coverage-from-nashville-

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yep! We'll see who's right. If I end up being dumb, I will own up to it. I should clarify. I think Cena/Rollins is going to happen tomorrow night and be a back and forth match that ends in a schmozz thanks to Ambrose and/or Rusev, and Rollins doesn't get squashed.

If Cena gets a visual pinfall on Rollins before interference from Rusev/Brock/whoever I...will be very smug, I guess.

:toxx:?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
That ending put a real damper on a mostly ok show. Dust Bros aside, it looks like next month is gonna be another 4 weeks of filler.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

ShadowedFlames posted:

Rhodes are the tag champs, Sheamus won, Miz won the IC title, Aj won the divas, Orton beat Jericho, some stupid bullshit happened in the main event

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
holy poo poo Vince is losing this.

He literally has nothing worth buying.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

oatgan posted:

Cena/Lesnar HIAC

Elimination Chamber with them, Seth Rollins and a cardboard cut out of Daniel Bryan.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Pariah Rex posted:

Yeah after he had visibly been pinned and only saved by Seth Rollins.

They commentary closed out the show debating whether Cena really had Lesnar beaten. Pretty sure there wasn't any agreement.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

WadeBartender posted:

Cena just got screwed out of a clear victory by DQ and you think he's just gonna go "Gosh guess im gonna represent america now"

No, but Meltzer reported a Cena/Rusev feud was likely upcoming and it makes sense on a number of levels, so I'm not sure how they'll get there, but I think they'll get there somewhere and I doubt Brock is working HIAC.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Sir Jebus posted:

Rhodes are the tag champs, Sheamus won, Miz won the IC title, Aj won the divas, Orton beat Jericho, some stupid bullshit happened in the main event

Works for me. Thanks!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

ShadowedFlames posted:

Stardust over Usos, new champs
Sheamus over Cesaro in a really good match
AJ over Paige, new champ
Rusev over Henry, JBL now yelling about Henry letting down Murrica
Rollins over Reigns via Forfeit Stomp, gets rear end kicked by Ambrose
Cena Wins Lol over Lesnar

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

Blasmeister posted:

Rollins is smart enough to not try and cash in without knowing 100% that Ambrose is securely handcuffed to a chair backstage.
that's so cute that you think handcuffs can stop Dean Ambrose

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
It's kind of funny that a PPV where WWE was planning on pulling out the stops due for network sub renewals ends in a gently caress finish.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

They commentary closed out the show debating whether Cena really had Lesnar beaten. Pretty sure there wasn't any agreement.

Yeah but there really was though. The commentary is bullshit.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Kawalimus posted:

Seriously, this poo poo is infuriating to watch as a fan. I'd tolerate Cena so much more if it weren't for crap like this.
Its also like he isn't forced to no sell moves; unless he just does what Vince tells him

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

oatgan posted:

Cena/Lesnar HIAC

I can't take another of this match up. First of all if it happens again it's a given Cena will win. Second this match was just a lovely version of the first match, do people really want to see how much worse it can suck.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Luigi Thirty posted:

me: "wow, that ending was stupid"

dad: "you're watching wrestling, what the gently caress did you expect?"

My dad told this to me and my brother after Starrcade '97.

I still haven't learned.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Someone put Thank you based God in this please.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

But seriously, I enjoyed myself in this pay per view, and I basically saw everything coming except for that Jezebel AJ Lee stealing the title from the greatest human, Paige.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Ragnarok the Red posted:

It's kind of funny that a PPV where WWE was planning on pulling out the stops due for network sub renewals ends in a gently caress finish.

Battleground was at a more crucial point and might have been the worst WWE show in years

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Enjoy the network while it lasts I guess

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I am glad for new Tag Champs

also that Star Dust Poster

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Pariah Rex posted:

I can't take another of this match up. First of all if it happens again it's a given Cena will win. Second this match was just a lovely version of the first match, do people really want to see how much worse it can suck.

Neither guy can do those kinds of spots well that are in a HIAC match, a Rollins/Ambrose HIAC is going to be loving epic. But Cena/Lesnar excel at either having a third guy that will do all the "holy poo poo" spots while they do other stuff that suits their style. Watching Cena catch air is extremely terrifying, and Lesnar? loving forget it.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No, but Meltzer reported a Cena/Rusev feud was likely upcoming and it makes sense on a number of levels, so I'm not sure how they'll get there, but I think they'll get there somewhere and I doubt Brock is working HIAC.

why wouldn't Lesnar be working HIAC when I believe they just signed him to that one new contract thingy and his match ended in a gently caress finish?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Enjoy the network while it lasts I guess

Man I wonder where they will go if the network crashes and burns for good. Nobody who bought that is gonna be too wild about paying 60 bucks for PPVs again.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

DeathChicken posted:

Rusev over Henry, JBL now yelling about Henry letting down Murrica

This is easily the worst news of the night. Can't wait for JBL to harp on this every RAW until the next PPV.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Today is my birthday. 11 years ago Goldberg won the WWE championship by beating HHH in a match where if Goldberg lost, he would end his career.

This was a much better birthday present than 11 years ago.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Brock working HIAC against Cena is a great way to spend a ton of money making someone less special.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Tokelau All Star posted:

My dad told this to me and my brother after Starrcade '97.

I still haven't learned.

Looks like a lot of people still have lessons to learn. gently caress finishes happen at ppv's to draw out feuds, it'll all be okay. The network isn't going anywhere and everyone will be back again tomorrow night and next month.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012

Carver Crisis posted:

that's so cute that you think handcuffs can stop Dean Ambrose

Just give us a picture-in-picture of Dean Ambrose attempting to gnaw his own arms off in order to escape, WWE. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

See you guys tomorrow for Raw!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The silver lining to Cena stealing Rollins away is it allows Ambrose/Lesnar to feud. It may not make sense now, but give Ambrose and Heyman 10 minutes, they'll make it work.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Jiro posted:

Neither guy can do those kinds of spots well that are in a HIAC match, a Rollins/Ambrose HIAC is going to be loving epic. But Cena/Lesnar excel at either having a third guy that will do all the "holy poo poo" spots while they do other stuff that suits their style. Watching Cena catch air is extremely terrifying, and Lesnar? loving forget it.

The last time Brock worked a cell match, it turned out decent enough awesome and violent as gently caress. That match was also precluded by one with an insanely stupid gently caress finish the month before.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Looks like a lot of people still have lessons to learn. gently caress finishes happen at ppv's to draw out feuds, it'll all be okay. The network isn't going anywhere and everyone will be back again tomorrow night and next month.

Not me my thing expires and no way am I paying even 10 dollars for this. I wouldn't even pay 10 cents. They need to seriously up their game if they want me to subscribe to their stuff. I'll follow the product but I don't feel a pressing need to watch the PPVs.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

If you establish that Brock will break a loving arm with the kimura, maybe don't do it 4 times in a match and then not have it sold at all by the end, IDGAF if he's wrestling Superman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Fauxhawk Express posted:

The last time Brock worked a cell match, it turned out decent enough awesome and violent as gently caress.

Yeah, Cena/Brock in a cell could be amazing if it was booked right. Logical feud ender for a change, too.

• Locked thread