Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
This isn't for the new consoles? What the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Remulak posted:

Is this made by the same company or was it outsourced? Nothing wrong with outsourcing, there's been some great DLC from third parties (Tiny Tina!) but I'm just getting no vibe from this.

If it bombs it will turn out to have been outsourced. Which won't be gearboxes fault, somehow.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Doodles posted:

They wanted to make development easier on themselves. It may eventually be ported over, but the install base of the new models isn't yet as big as the old ones. Same thing happens every new console generation. There's usually one last round of games to appeal to the folks who aren't early adopters (the majority of console players.) When BL3 is developed (and since it's the #1 game in all of 2K's history, Pitchford can make all the declarations he wants but there's no way it won't happen), it will undoubtedly be focused on the newer systems. Also, Gearbox is presently deep into final stages of development of their new game Battleborn, which is going to the new machines, so right now Borderlands will be kicking back for a bit while they get the new game launched.

Meanwhile: "Donuts. Cowboys. Homophobia."

Thanks for the thorough answer. I looked up Battleborn and I still don't understand what I saw. It looked kinda...bleh? I guess I'll keep the PS3 set up for this pre-sequel.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I gotta say I didn't expect Destiny to have such limp writing. Borderlands 2 even with its meme dropping is a far better story and handsome jack is a great villain. So hateable that I kinda love him.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
You can almost buy Jacks assertion that really he's making Pandora better and you're just as bad as his biggest crimes. I would totally live in Jacks dystopia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Hang on the ending, preludes to the fact that this is still a BL2 game and it basically going to have to be like destiny for the next one comes as a surprise to you? This is like a last game gen of course they are going to have to copy destiny always multiplayer.

PS: never played destiny.

The gently caress you just say

• Locked thread