Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I had been planning to wait for a complete version but a kind friend gifted me a copy and it unlocked about an hour ago. I'm not really gravitating towards any one particular character strongly so I've started a game with both Nisha and Athena so far to get a taste. Any recommendations or things to watch out for? I ended up mostly using Gaige in BL2 with a focus on anarchy. Also, I notice the vault hunters are a bit more vocal, at least in the intro. Does that keep up or do they go mute again?

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
anyone willing to play through UVHM in the presequel on PC? got a level 50 claptrap here

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Morter posted:

Are you willing to get me through that "Let the turrets kill scavs" mission in TVHM? It sort of made me stop playing (Because I'm Aurelia with a bunch of defensive counter attacks and I can't be arsed to changing my skills)

i can certainly try and hope that i won't accidentally murder them all. steam account name is protowizard

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

General advice for Anarchy with Mechromancer? (I'm level 20 something. Changing trees because Deathtrap kept stealing my partner's Krieg FFYL kills)

- it should go without saying but put all 5 points into close enough to compensate for the accuracy loss
- invest in preshrunk cyberpunk all the way too
- blood soaked shields is a wickedly good skill and should be invested in, you can use cooking up trouble to regenerate health with a full clip, and if your gun reloads every shot (like jakobs shotguns do) you will always regenerate health
- robot rampage is one of deathtraps better skills and is worth the point imo
- annoyed android can be ignored, deathtrap moves fast enough as it is and there's better skills to spend points on
- typecast iconoclast is also pretty good but it doesn't need to be maxed out, the points can go elsewhere if you can't spare them
- rational anarchist helps get the ball rolling but it's not essential
- discord is essential, so that you don't lose stacks if you accidentally reload and also to help with bosses that are hard to hit. it can also be used to reduce stacks if the anarchy is too much
- jacobs shotguns will build stacks incredibly quickly and the high pellet count will mean you always hit something, it should be your main weapon unless you find a legendary that does the job better (hydra, conference call etc.). a torgue shotgun is an acceptable substitute
- there is a specific variant of the fibber (final reward for mal's quests in the eridium blight) that is incredibly broken with anarchy. it has the effect of splintering when it shoots at walls. close enough makes those bullet fragments ricochet towards enemies, and the calculation is glitched so that it does the full 100% damage instead of 50%. it's arguably the most overpowered combo in the game at maximum anarchy
- don't bother with death from above or with claws, death from above is glitched and doesn't do much damage anyway and gaige isn't built for melee
- because of how mathematics works, you should only put one point into nth degree because it has diminishing returns
- a side effect of smaller, lighter, faster is that the gun infinity is reduced to a clip of 0 size and can't be used, so if you have your heart set on it i'm sorry for your loss

purely in terms of anarchy, this would be where i would distribute the points. generally though, feel free to ignore me and experiment to see what works for you. respecs are cheap enough to do so. i find a good way to think about anarchy is that it basically turns the game into doom

vvv looking it up you need a neutral necromancer class mod to offset it but even then you've got ask if it's worth going to all that trouble

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 24, 2015

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

WarLocke posted:

I've been skimming the thread but haven't seen any advice on Claptrap builds. So far (I'm only level 12 or so), I've been going down the left-hand skill tree, so killing dudes heals me for 35% of my health, I have a chance to get bonus explosive damage on every shot, I have a built-in explosive nova shield thing, and next level I think I can grab the skill that makes me continuously emit novas while in FFYL.

I mainly chose the tree because of the goddamned pirate ship capstone, and because I'm playing solo so the middle tree seems like it would be at least half wasted. And the right tree has too man skills with totally random stuff tied to them.

Teach me how to be annoyingly optimistic!

it's been a while but getting down that left hand tree is good for solo and will get you through your first playthrough. by the time you have the pirate ship you'll be near the end of the game or on your second playthrough, and i recommend doing co-op at this point because otherwise it becomes a grind

i strongly recommend co-op for claptrap, as half the fun with him is using his skills to be either crazily op or a dead weight for your friends, as well as their characters reactions to him (they all hate his guts apart from athena who barely tolerates him). plus there's a bunch of vaulthunter.exe modes that only trigger in co-op

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i cannot imagine doing UVHM solo with any character and expecting to keep my sanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
my dream bl3 class is a luchadora that does insane grapples and wrestling moves for her action skill. you can unlock the ability to pick up and throw enemies, and they explode when they impact

• Locked thread