Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

As one of the broken people who actually likes Tiny Tina, TVHM is absolutely hilarious with the extra commentary thrown in courtesy of her and Brick. Sorry 360 goons, I've been solo'ing just to hear all of the dialog with my character :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

So last night I found level 30ish versions of the Celestial Gladiator and Lawbringer mods in vending machines :stare:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I gave up on Nisha cause I really wanted to try Athena and boy am I glad I did. I haven't figured out how to use the melee tree in TVHM yet though :( I just keep losing all my shields and life and end up in FFYL :saddowns:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I've hit some kind of wall :( My level 34 Athena is at the Drakensburg (TVHM) and I'm being taken down in a few shots at most :smith:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Fauxtool posted:

TVHM is where you gotta start picking the guns and shields that compliment your class, not just what you like to use. You may need to start checking vending machines for a better shield upgrade.

Hmm. Any guidance on what guns and shields would compliment a Captain America build then? I tend to choose Anshin resistance shields, and my guns are a hodgepodge.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I don't know if I even finished Hammerlock's bullshit, but Bunkers and Badasses was so good.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Mind spoiling it for me? I havent seen it

The photo frame with the picture of his daughter (Angel) is now face down.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Hamburger Test posted:

While I was farming Red Belly I would get 400-500 stacks up before they split. If I then killed a minion as I was waiting for them to become damageable again I could destroy them both with a slam and 3 seconds of supercharged TMP fire.

Athena is super fun.

Wait you can farm Red Belly? I thought all the non raid bosses were one and done?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Why do people farm Redbelly? I went back at level 35 and he (they) only dropped level 31 and 32 items. Am I missing something?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Ooooh. Thanks, that makes more sense.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

NuttO posted:

When you clear TVHM, everything scales to 50, plus Belly drops the Striker, a legendary weapon. It's not a great shotgun, but having a bunch of them means more blood for the grinder god. They also drop moonstones and there's a few chests in the area you can farm as well.

Oh, what if I'm not 50 when I clear TVHM?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

Also, did you know that you can get Moxxi's toy chest to respawn when you enter through Moxxi's Back Door (tee hee), and again whenever you start up a game that has you spawning at the back door entrance? Did you also know that you can grind her Laser to make purple lasers or sell it for a nice chunk of change?

Because I think grinding her Vibro-Pulses has replaced the slot machine as my new ingame passtime.

Please tell me how this sounds awesome.

Also sorry I haven't been on to play, I got Boned.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

So I think I hosed up. I tried to leave as many side-quests as I could for post TVHM ending, and now I'm level 45 at the last part of the game. I don't think I stand much of a chance against the last boss. I already cleared the quests on the Lunar Launching area just to level up enough to not get destroyed by the area just before Eleseer.

Any advice?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

UVHM and the Arena DLC are out today. I haven't finished TVHM yet (level 47 and at the final boss), but I'm looking forward to trying out the new stuff. More Tiny Tina :D

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

evenworse username posted:

Thanks, but alas I am playing on a console.

I do enjoy the game for the most part, although there must have been a better way to set things up than crisscrossing Triton Flats over and over.

What platform? I need a UVHM buddy on 360 :D

Also I definitely feel like a minority, but I really enjoyed TPS. There's definitely way less variety than 2, but I still had fun with it. I like cryo over slag, and the characters seem more fun overall. But then I liked Tiny Tina so my opinions are kind of bad :saddowns:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

There's a quick reference to her in the Holodome DLC, so assume she's coming next before the story DLC.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Guys, UVHM Holodome is hard. Or, more likely, I'm bad at video games (TM).

I found out that the infinitely respawning Moxxi chest levels up with you in UVHM, unlike in TVHM or normal.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Saves can be ported over as long as its within the same console manufacturer (so PS3 -> PS4 but not 360 -> PS4). I will probably get this, and give Gearbox and Randy Pitchford even more of my money :negative:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

PAX news for TPS: Aurelia out on Tuesday, campaign DLC will take us into the mind of Claptrap :psyduck:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

smashpro1 posted:

I wonder which corporation will be the big bad this time. Atlas, Hyperion, and Dahl have been done. Maybe Maliwan?

My elemental damage :ohdear:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

hup posted:

Did anyone notice you can moon grind purples now for guaranteed legendary weapons (but they can't be purples from keys because the world is injust)

It's guaranteed now? I haven't tried since the patch (mostly cause of the crash bug), but before this patch it only ever gave me purples :(

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

There is a top-hat head for Aurelia and it's amazing.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

We're not getting any campaign DLC. The Claptrap stuff is the the fourth piece of DLC, unless they have more beyond the initial announcement :smith:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

smashpro1 posted:

Well, the Claptrap stuff IS a campaign.

Oh okay. I saw the arena part earlier and thought it was that, not a campaign plus arena.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Zarpedon is kicking my rear end if anyone is around on 360 to help in TVHM :smith:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I find I enjoy the gameplay in TPS a bit more when it comes to Cryo versus Slag. In BL2 it felt like at higher levels you couldn't do anything but slag something and then swap over. TPS seems like Cryo is definitely a bonus, but it's not absolutely required, except against Badasses.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

HAmbONE posted:

What is your xbox handle? Mine is "Hambonius 0mega" (the "0" in 0mega is a zero)

nudejedi posted:

I'm on 360 as well as 'nudejedi'.

Mr SuCu. Sent you both an invite.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

HAmbONE posted:

Sorry had a busy weekend. I have accepted

Beat her after realizing that oh, a sniper rifle spec is useless against bosses. Also went and got Fridgia :getin:

But now I'm too low for anything past that so hey I'll do some co op :v:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

AirRaid posted:

Are you talking about Auriela? Because her Sniper Rifle spec is awesome against everything. The Frigia is more useless against bosses because most of them are immune to being frozen.

I was too low level. Couldn't line up shots on Zarpedon because I was too busy dodging. Also I'm not good at aiming - so of course I chose a sniper build :downs:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Awesome. My characters transferred over, but my Badass Ranks did not. :sigh:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

wdarkk posted:

Those are stored in a separate file or something. I think it's profile.bin.

Console :/

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

It's nice to know that even with the power of next-gen consoles, UE3 still has texture loading issues :)

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Not sure about PS4, but Gearbox said Bone BAR not transferring, or any of the other rewards like the bonus golden keys, was a known bug they're now working to solve.

:smith:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Forgot how tough UVHM Deadlift is :/ The quest reward electric sniper rifle is about 4k damage, and it does close to nothing to his shields.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Devorum posted:

Mine transferred fine on the PS4. Seems to be an XBone issue, from what I've read on their forums. Now I'm just waiting for my bonus keys and BAR.

Yeah, Gearbox support confirmed. They manually granted me a bunch of Golden Keys in the interim.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I did get a nifty pinkish glitch sniper rifle from the new Claptrap DLC. Every so often it makes a weird noise and 'glitches', which adds a big damage multiplier. Can't tell how much it is, but it's a big difference. Usable outside of the DLC, too.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

I swear to God there was an Un- there just a second ago. :suicide:

There was not :)

If anyone is up for some UVHM on Bone, I'll be online later tonight.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Claptrap DLC:

:wink:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Jesus that fight is unfun. Can't get the second form down more than half health before I get screwed. It's long and tedious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

That's a new one :(

• Locked thread